Pentax Kr double mirror flip problem

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions
nmsaldanha Regular Member • Posts: 134
Pentax Kr double mirror flip problem

Hi there,

Any of you had the Pentax Kr double mirror flip problem?

if so, how to solve?
--
Best Regards
Nuno

Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ellarsee Senior Member • Posts: 2,063
Re: Pentax Kr double mirror flip problem

Nope, my problems are:
1) the mirror goes up, and stays up until I cycle the power.

2) The camera won't respond to a shutter beyond a click and possibly stopping the lens down, no mirror, no shutter. When I replace the battery I get a "battery depleted" error, no matter what the status of the battery.

-- hide signature --

Realizing that you are the weakest link in your photographic system is almost always the hardest on your ego, the easiest on your pocketbook, and the way to make the biggest improvement in the quality of your photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/

KRG1953
KRG1953 Regular Member • Posts: 293
Re: Pentax Kr double mirror flip problem

May be you could have a look at the AF in tungsten light bug. Barry Fitzgerrald had a success in getting Pentax officials in the UK admitting that this problem exists.

May be you could do teh same and get in touch with Barry.

KRG1953's gear list:KRG1953's gear list
Pentax K-S2 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Pentax K-x +7 more
waxwaine
waxwaine Contributing Member • Posts: 997
Re: Faster cheap proved solution

1.- Faster Solution:

Buy an original or generic AA batery holder + 4 Spike AAs batteries(the best I had use)

For work even better than the lithium battery. I starting to think this camera was designed for AAs. With the AA holder non of my modificated-strange lens produce mirror flops anymore.

2.- Slow Solution:
Wait for Pentax response.

I recomend you Nº1 choice. I even get grateful to Pentax for this. =).

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads