HS30EXR is coming

Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions
SHood Veteran Member • Posts: 5,218
HS30EXR is coming

According to FujiGuys it will be announced at CES.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ralph McKenzie Senior Member • Posts: 2,071
Re: HS30EXR is coming

Where did you see that, how about a link please.
--
Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.blogspot.com/
Fuji HS20EXR
Fuji HS10,
Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

Ralph McKenzie's gear list:Ralph McKenzie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
OP SHood Veteran Member • Posts: 5,218

http://twitter.com/# ! fujiguys

@Mikereloaded7: "Billy. Do you think Fujifilm will manufacture a more advanced version of the HS20 next year? e.g. HS30 or so?"

@fujiguys: "CES 2012"

Ralph McKenzie wrote:

Where did you see that, how about a link please.
--
Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.blogspot.com/
Fuji HS20EXR
Fuji HS10,
Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro
PORTRAIT
PORTRAIT Senior Member • Posts: 2,472

What's the point of having 2 superzoom cams?..I guess they will have 2 competitors killing each other, like the S100FS AND S200EXR back then..Whatddyathink...

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
FUJI S2000HD
CANON A80
Photography it's all about...Art & Science
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +6 more
David247
David247 Senior Member • Posts: 2,406

PORTRAIT wrote:

What's the point of having 2 superzoom cams?..I guess they will have 2 competitors killing each other, like the S100FS AND S200EXR back then..Whatddyathink...

Probably just a low and and high end with different feature sets. HS30 would still have the smaller sensor.

-- hide signature --
 David247's gear list:David247's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Olympus E-510
Trevor G Veteran Member • Posts: 6,578

PORTRAIT wrote:

There's a significant difference in camera size and sensor size.

-- hide signature --
alexisgreat Veteran Member • Posts: 6,459

Hmmmm, I wonder if it will use the same sensor, retain the 16mp, the 58mm filter size and the usage of AA batteries. Perhaps upgrade the LCD to 921K and improve the EVF and a better zoom lens (still 30x?) as well as the Continuous AF.
--
http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +3 more
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144

alexisgreat wrote:

Hmmmm, I wonder if it will use the same sensor, retain the 16mp, the 58mm filter size and the usage of AA batteries. Perhaps upgrade the LCD to 921K and improve the EVF and a better zoom lens (still 30x?) as well as the Continuous AF.
--

It's not going to have a better screen than the X series of cameras. You can bet on that.

Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888

rattymouse wrote:

alexisgreat wrote:

--

It's not going to have a better screen than the X series of cameras. You can bet on that.

True but it needs a better VF at least something a bit better!

I'm not shocked at this obviously this is the more affordable end of the superzoom range (fine no problem) XS1 is more premium end

Personally I don't think the XS1 is going to be a good seller

PAUL TILL
PAUL TILL Veteran Member • Posts: 9,286

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Let's wait and see, I bet it will be a good seller. Bridge camera shooters are a strange breed of photographer, they will spend £250+ on something like the a Nikon TC-E17ED and stick it on their £400 super-zoom just to get acceptable results of little birds or whatever their target may be.

Even if the lens on the XS-1 is really good and they have 600mm+ on tap you can bet they will still be willing to spend 100's of £ on a tele-converter.

What I'm trying to say is, people don't buy super zooms because they are on a budget, thet buy them because they fit the bill for what their hobby requires.

Paul.

Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,764

At the least, they should drop the sensor back to 12mp

David247 wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

Probably just a low and and high end with different feature sets. HS30 would still have the smaller sensor.

-- hide signature --

S100, S6500, S5, F200, F70, F11, Z5, Z3, V10, D40, D50, EX1, NX100

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-T1 +15 more
John Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,257

PORTRAIT wrote:

The S200 was the replacement for the S100, not a competitor.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
PAUL TILL

John Carson wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

And what a replacement, it couldn't even compete with the model it replaced.

Paul.

PAUL TILL wrote:

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Let's wait and see, I bet it will be a good seller. Bridge camera shooters are a strange breed of photographer, they will spend £250+ on something like the a Nikon TC-E17ED and stick it on their £400 super-zoom just to get acceptable results of little birds or whatever their target may be.

Some might most probably wouldn't

Even if the lens on the XS-1 is really good and they have 600mm+ on tap you can bet they will still be willing to spend 100's of £ on a tele-converter.

What I'm trying to say is, people don't buy super zooms because they are on a budget, thet buy them because they fit the bill for what their hobby requires.

At the price the camera is launching at I can't see it taking off. With a decent price cut maybe.
As said most will simply get a DSLR

A lot of super zoom users migrate or already have to DSLR land whilst there still is a market for superzooms and more premium ones this probably isn't what a lot are looking for

Landscape and portrait users probably far outweigh long tele shooters

The HS30 has a more comfortable position because it's going to be much more affordable for most.

By the time you've mixed in various mirror less models as well it's an even harder struggle

Baseman Regular Member • Posts: 444
HS30 Ideas For Improvement

SHood wrote:
http://twitter.com/# ! fujiguys

@Mikereloaded7: "Billy. Do you think Fujifilm will manufacture a more advanced version of the HS20 next year? e.g. HS30 or so?"

@fujiguys: "CES 2012"

CES has always been reserved to introduce new, innovative and exciting consumer goods. IMO this X-S1 is new, innovative and exciting. Unless Fujifilm have something up their sleeve for this HS30, I don't think they could do better than the X-S1.

Maybe if they incorporated the 912K dot rear LCD screen. Maintain it's current tilting but add a swivel to allow people looking at the camera to see the screen.

Have a remote control so no longer would we have to rely on a timer when taking a self portrait.

Absolutely improve that OVF!!

Possibly have a 1" sensor @ 14MP and make it that new organic one they've been developing.

That's just off the top of my head.

Anybody else got anything they want to see in the upcoming HS30 that could possibly be better than the X-S1???

Baseman's gear list:Baseman's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR
PAUL TILL

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Landscape and portrait users probably far outweigh long tele shooters

It's probably closer than you think, I'm out a lot and the majority of people I see with cameras are using super zooms or older models that go to at least 400mm.

The HS30 has a more comfortable position because it's going to be much more affordable for most.

It is but then it's going to have the IQ of the HS20 which is quite frankly not good enough.

Paul.

John Carson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,257

PAUL TILL wrote:

John Carson wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

And what a replacement, it couldn't even compete with the model it replaced.

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS

PAUL TILL wrote:

It's probably closer than you think, I'm out a lot and the majority of people I see with cameras are using super zooms or older models that go to at least 400mm.

The concept of a bridge camera has been around quite some time. But doing the super zoom route isn't the only way of going here.

It is but then it's going to have the IQ of the HS20 which is quite frankly not good enough.

It might be a bit premature but the XS1 samples look anything but great maybe better ones will turn up. HS20 wise IQ well mixed bag at times no question.

But if you really want better IQ you'll have to start looking at a bigger sensor.

PAUL TILL

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

But if you really want better IQ you'll have to start looking at a bigger sensor.

I know, I'm a pixel peeper, can't help it, that's the trouble with viewing everything on a 24" monitor.

There are more people with cameras who just save their images for viewing on a PC or putting in a digital picture frame than those that print. I've had plenty of A3 pictures printed and framed from my F200 and given them to people for presents, they've been over the moon with them.

I can honestly say I would rather take an S100fs out for the day than my S5 or D90 and 17-50mm & 70-300mm lenses. Not having to carry an extra lens and worry about dust makes the experience so much more enjoyable. No, the pictures won't be as good, but they won't be far behind and most importantly I will grab shots with the S100 that I would miss with the DSLR because I had the wrong lens on.

Before you say it. I've tried the 18-200mm & 18-270mm route and those lenses are to much of a compromise and the S100 is sharper at any focal length than those lenses.

Paul.

alexisgreat Veteran Member • Posts: 6,459

If the HS30 is on the lower end of the bridge camera scale, I hope they dont "cripple" some features-- such as RAW. Other manufacturers have done this in the past. If they bring it down to 12mp (which I think they might) then that will mean 6 mp in EXR mode. I really need to have 7mp+ in EXR mode, since that's what I use most often and I want to have 300ppi @ 7.5x10. I dont look at the HS20 as a mediocre 16mp camera but more like an excellent 8mp one. I dont care about movies--- that's what movie cameras are for. Most of the people who criticize the HS20 are using it in 16mp mode and that is not where it excells, nor does it need to. It is the best bridge camera out there in 8mp mode, with the highest DR and lowest high iso noise of ANY bridge camera!

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads