So no new model above A77, but still possibly a new A7X camera

Started Oct 12, 2011 | Discussions
holyfan Forum Member • Posts: 98
So no new model above A77, but still possibly a new A7X camera

Ok, Paul George of Sony UK said: "However, in actual fact its probably better to state that the a77 is now in the range for a while, and the next high end introduction will be featuring the number ’9x’ naming…………… now watch what happens to the rumour mill! )” "

this pretty much eliminates any chance that there is a A7X model that is above A77, but Paul said "the next HIGH END introduction is number "9x". That doesn't rule out the possibility that there can still be a MID-RANGE (non high-end) introduction for a A7X camera between the A77 and A65.

I'm hoping Andrea's trusted source is right on this one, as I actually want something between the A77 and the A65.

I want an A65 with Joystick control and focus assist lamp, and ability to change flash compensation separate from exposure compensation in the menu. And two dials. I'd prefer the Nex 5N sensor although I understand it is pretty much a tweaked A55 sensor but its still a little better for high iso and we need all the iso performance we can with the translucent mirror.

No need for weather sealed, flash socket, top LCD, and that awkward focus mode selector switch on the left front side of the A77, and plastic construction of A65 is fine with me.

TrojMacReady
TrojMacReady Veteran Member • Posts: 8,730
Not really.

The A7X(X) series has never really been midrange. That's the 5 and 6 series.

Sounds more like an attempt of self fulfilling prophecy from some (sources?).

phototherapy Senior Member • Posts: 1,020
Re: Not really.

You can not confirm nor deny you're claim, just as SAR is not 100% certain. you make the same assumption, even worse, SAR has more sources to claim something then you have to deny it !!

TrojMacReady wrote:

The A7X(X) series has never really been midrange. That's the 5 and 6 series.

Sounds more like an attempt of self fulfilling prophecy from some (sources?).

TrojMacReady
Uh..

phototherapy wrote:

You can not confirm nor deny you're claim,

I actually have a source with a name, if that's what you mean. His name is Paul Genge and he's a product manager at Sony.

Unlike SAR.

So yes, Paul can be wrong. But do you really think he would lie and put his reputation at stake? He has more to lose than a RUMOUR blog.

phototherapy Senior Member • Posts: 1,020
Re: Uh..

It's simple, Paul Genge is probably not permited to deny or agree with any rumour in the first place !!!!

TrojMacReady wrote:

phototherapy wrote:

You can not confirm nor deny you're claim,

I actually have a source with a name, if that's what you mean. His name is Paul Genge and he's a product manager at Sony.

Unlike SAR.

So yes, Paul can be wrong. But do you really think he would lie and put his reputation at stake? He has more to lose than a RUMOUR blog.

TrojMacReady
Re: Uh..

phototherapy wrote:

It's simple, Paul Genge is probably not permited to deny or agree with any rumour in the first place !!!!

We can speculate whether he is allowed to or not in this specific case, but he did deny it within the terms given (before an A9X announcement).

RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,738
Re: So no new model above A77, but still possibly a new A7X camera

A a75 makes sense, make it the good 16 MP sensor in the a77 body should save some money and provide better IQ.

bgshutter New Member • Posts: 24

....isn't this rumor dead?!!!

harleydavidson Senior Member • Posts: 1,237

RedFox88 wrote:

A a75 makes sense, make it the good 16 MP sensor in the a77 body should save some money and provide better IQ.

If it really makes so much sense, then Sony would be offering it in place of the A65 they gave us. (Now THAT makes sense.)
--
Ken
Sony Alpha Seventy Seven

TrojMacReady

RedFox88 wrote:

The "better" IQ as seen in the A35?

Makes little sense to me.

harleydavidson Senior Member • Posts: 1,237

bgshutter wrote:

NOT if it's kept alive by artificial intelligence!
j/k - it's a joke folks!
--
Ken
Sony Alpha Seventy Seven

Samsolar Senior Member • Posts: 2,299

LOL but true

harleydavidson wrote:

bgshutter wrote:

NOT if it's kept alive by artificial intelligence!
j/k - it's a joke folks!
--
Ken
Sony Alpha Seventy Seven

Samsolar's gear list:Samsolar's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +2 more
Nordstjernen
Nordstjernen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,876

Note that Paul Genge says 9x, not 9xx -- no optical viewfinder???

Just to add something that is worth nohing

Nordstjernen's gear list:Nordstjernen's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7
Landscapephoto99 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,217
Re: My Dream for an A71

I'll take an A77 in a much smaller body with weatherproofing, Auto Exposure Bracketing at the A65 price. Provide the "cheaper" A65 / A55 AF system. Call it the A71- small, rugged series for those who do outdoors, landacape, wildlife photography like me. I know I know, dream on.

ET2 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,110
A2x

No A7x model....

The next model would probably be in A2x range .. an SLT camera with no EVF, LCD only version for something around $499

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads