No spare parts problems

Started Oct 5, 2011 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
FrancW Regular Member • Posts: 203
No spare parts problems

I hope your lenses and all will be in working order otherwise you might have a problem!

I'm, at the moment, more then annoyed. At 1 oktober 2010 I bought a new DA*300mm after doubting a lot because of the SDM problems, but thinking it was solved I bought one. Very nice lens and it gets me beautifull pictures (see pentaxian.nl nickname kokkieblanda)

After 10.5 months of use, I had to bring it in for repairs because of a broken down AF motor/engine. After calling in a few times to hear what the repair status was, Cameratools.nl called in after 7.5 weeks. A week before they told me, due to the status check of Pentax Germany, that they expected the lens back this week.

So when they called me I thought YES! Not so! They had gotten a notice that Pentax Japan can't say when the spare part is going to be available and shipped :-x.

So now I have a lens that costs me more then €1000, thats broken down, its somewhere in Germany and I can't use it. And that may last for months to come. If this is the way that Pentax/Ricoh handles their costumers, no wonder that so many switch to Canikon.
--
Franc
aka asiancook/kokkieblanda

FrancW's gear list:FrancW's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1
fotobert
fotobert Contributing Member • Posts: 879
Re: No spare parts problems

Hi Franc,

what a horror! I know how you feel, as I had to wait for a month for my k-5 replacement after beeing told, that it would take just 1 week+ when asking, how the replacement is done.

FYI:

PENTAX Imaging Systems GmbH
Julius-Vosseler-Straße 104
D-22527 Hamburg

+49-40-561920

I called them when my K-5 was away 3 weeks and they gave me a answer when my camera will be back. Give it a try.

Heel veel geluk!

Met vrindelijke groetjes
Albert

fotobert's gear list:fotobert's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +17 more
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 3,911

That's a bummer, sorry for you and I'll cross my fingers that mine doesn't fail anytime soon. I'd assume that this is a side effect of the earthquake + tsunami, and if so, can't blame Pentax.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Ian Stuart Forsyth
Ian Stuart Forsyth Senior Member • Posts: 2,739

Sorry to hear that

Myself I sent my k5 in on may 28 for sensor stain and final received it back sept 06

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
http://ianstuartforsythphotography.com

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 +23 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads