My a77 just became faulty.

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions
OP butirka New Member • Posts: 24
Re: Are you in UK???

That's what jessops says

"If within 30 days of purchase your product develops a fault then all you need to do is return it to your local store and we will offer you the option to exchange it for the same make and model, repair it or refund it in line with your statutory rights. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product to verify the fault."

NickRno77
NickRno77 Contributing Member • Posts: 766
Re: My a77 just became faulty.

take it back to the shop and demand a refund, a chap on http://www.dyxum.com forum bought 1 from Jessops, A77 went faulty, they gave him his money back he then bought another one from another shop. So the Jessops shop assistant is lying about a no refund policy or someone is telling porkies lol

NickRno77's gear list:NickRno77's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 18,895
Wow. Sure makes one appreciate B&H, Adorama...even WalMart. (nt)

no text

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Leica C-Lux +8 more
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 47,853
Re: Send it back

rinkos wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Send it back That's why I don't like to buy any product when it first comes out. Let others work the bugs out.
--
Tom

i agree with you completely on that...infact if cameras wouldn't progress so quickly i would even just buy the last year models each time.

Until I bought my A55 last year I always did just that but because I was dissatisfied with my A100 I didn't want to wait. I like my A55 so much I might wait until at least next year and buy an A65 and sell my A100. I like to have a backup camera.

-- hide signature --

Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Ma55l Contributing Member • Posts: 805
RE: What firmware do you have? My a77 just became faulty.

butirka wrote:

Hello,

Well what happened is I was playing with my new toy when suddenly it stopped working, then I switched it on and since then I'm able to see only black screen or go to the menu, where I can't change anything. Tried everything, taking off battery, connecting to pc ( couldn't do even that)

Please help
thanks

Sorry to hear of your problem.
May I ask what firmware version you have?
Thanks

OP butirka New Member • Posts: 24

Celtic Yob Contributing Member • Posts: 691

Butirka take it back and tell them you want your money back, I'll correct that demand your money back. If they do not listen to reason ask to see the manager, if you still get no satisfaction go straight to trading standards, it wont arm to tell them your intention before you go. If you have your mobile phone handy, phone trading standard while you are in the shop And something else shout they don't like other customers hearing a disgruntled customer having a bad time.

I done this at one time, in the end they could not give me my money back quick enough, The person who sold it to you had commission if he gives you your money back he as lost it,
Sending it off for repair means he still as it. Don't be shy.

Ma55l Contributing Member • Posts: 805

Celtic Yob wrote:

Butirka take it back and tell them you want your money back, I'll correct that demand your money back. If they do not listen to reason ask to see the manager, if you still get no satisfaction go straight to trading standards, it wont arm to tell them your intention before you go. If you have your mobile phone handy, phone trading standard while you are in the shop And something else shout they don't like other customers hearing a disgruntled customer having a bad time.

I done this at one time, in the end they could not give me my money back quick enough, The person who sold it to you had commission if he gives you your money back he as lost it,
Sending it off for repair means he still as it. Don't be shy.

Coming in with fire blasting out of his nostrils and smoke puffing out his ears might not be a good way to go. Perhaps he should be pleasant first. Most places will give him no problem after all it is not on the internet. The store is quite aware that offending a customer is bad - especially with the internet calling for his business. So reserve the pyrotechniques to the situation where they are not complicit with what is right. And in addition I would make my dissastifaction known by being quite loud and hopefully several other customers will take concern at that. So go when it is busy. A loud complaining customer is a lose lose lose situation for the store.

I suggest he should give it a try as a gentleman first as I think he will be pleasantly surprised. Then load up all your ammo and go for the jugular.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads