My a77 just became faulty.

Started Sep 24, 2011 | Discussions
zefelder Regular Member • Posts: 228
beta testing?

1.02b. beta?

wilf Regular Member • Posts: 142
Re: My a77 just became faulty.

Don't worry. You're not the only one. Many people are having the same problem, including me .....if this make u feel any better:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1037&message=39427594

wilf's gear list:wilf's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-ZR300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
harleydavidson Senior Member • Posts: 1,237

wilf wrote:

Don't worry. You're not the only one. Many people are having the same problem, including me .....if this make u feel any better:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1037&message=39427594

But in a way, thats GOOD because Sony will be forced to act swiftly on this or risk a black eye for sure. I'd much rather be among many who have the same problem then to be the "isolated" case. Keep the faith, it WILL get better!
--
Ken
Sony Alpha Seventy Seven

Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 18,895
Good question; clearly he/she doesn't have an answer. Ordered mine

Saturday.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Leica C-Lux +8 more
Corkcampbell
New Zealand. (nt)

no text

Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Leica C-Lux +8 more
rinkos Senior Member • Posts: 2,227
Re: Send it back

tbcass wrote:

Send it back That's why I don't like to buy any product when it first comes out. Let others work the bugs out.
--
Tom

i agree with you completely on that...infact if cameras wouldn't progress so quickly i would even just buy the last year models each time.

UK Chris Junior Member • Posts: 33
Re: beta testing?

zefelder wrote:

1.02b. beta?

Mine is 1.02, it doesn't say 1.02B

PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,902

zefelder wrote:

1.02b. beta?

Or 1.02B = buggy

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,902

UK Chris wrote:

zefelder wrote:

1.02b. beta?

Interesting. There was some discussion, I think here, last week about the latest being a 1.02B. Perhaps that was the beta of the released version.

Bummer if there are extensive anomalies. I wonder if it could be a bad batch vs. a firmware problem. I owned one of the early A55 units and there were no problems with it in the ten or so months I used it. If Sony messes up on anything, I'd not expect it to be software.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
Minolta Pro - NZ Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: New Zealand. (nt)

Hi there

Does the subject line in your post mean that you have ordered an A77 in New Zealand

As someone hanging out for one ( actually 3 for that matter ) may I ask where you ordered it from as I wasn't aware of any being available in NZ yet ?

Regards, Stu

-- hide signature --

Stu Jackson
Fulltime Professional Photographer since 1987 - using Minolta/Sony exclusively!
Photo-One
P.O.Box 400
Timaru
New Zealand
+64 274 342 372
minolta@photographs.co.nz - all comments welcome

Minolta Pro - NZ's gear list:Minolta Pro - NZ's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a77 II +24 more
Rawfed
Rawfed Regular Member • Posts: 173

A similar thing happened to me with my NEX-5N that I just got. I re-formated the memory card before starting to take photos, then everytime I would take pics and shut it off, when I'd go back to turn it on, I'd get a black screen. Someone on here told me to reformat the card (which I already did) but I did it again and same thing happened. That was on day one of having the camera. I took the battery out and put it back in again a couple times and since then it has not done it again. I am thinking of returning it and getting another NEX-5N....just in case it's a bad assemble.

By the way, is your A77 made in Thailand? Or Japan?

harleydavidson Senior Member • Posts: 1,237

Rawfed wrote:

A similar thing happened to me with my NEX-5N that I just got. I re-formated the memory card before starting to take photos, then everytime I would take pics and shut it off, when I'd go back to turn it on, I'd get a black screen. Someone on here told me to reformat the card (which I already did) but I did it again and same thing happened. That was on day one of having the camera. I took the battery out and put it back in again a couple times and since then it has not done it again. I am thinking of returning it and getting another NEX-5N....just in case it's a bad assemble.

By the way, is your A77 made in Thailand? Or Japan?

All A77s are built in Thailand from what I understand.
--
Ken
Sony Alpha Seventy Seven

UK Chris Junior Member • Posts: 33

PC Wheeler wrote:

UK Chris wrote:

zefelder wrote:

1.02b. beta?

Interesting. There was some discussion, I think here, last week about the latest being a 1.02B. Perhaps that was the beta of the released version.

Bummer if there are extensive anomalies. I wonder if it could be a bad batch vs. a firmware problem. I owned one of the early A55 units and there were no problems with it in the ten or so months I used it. If Sony messes up on anything, I'd not expect it to be software.

As a point of interest, I ordered mine directly from Sony. When the box arrived the seal on the box was not stuck down, so is it possible the firmware may have been updated prior to despatch? It would be interesting to know if anyone has 1.02B on their cameras.

phutyle Regular Member • Posts: 220

UK Chris wrote:

It would be interesting to know if anyone has 1.02B on their cameras.

The originator of the 1.02B reference seems to be the review on Image Resource

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1037&message=39406723

I haven't seen anyone who's received the camera trough retail say that they have 1.02B, just 1.02

phutyle's gear list:phutyle's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
OP butirka New Member • Posts: 24

Just a quick update ,

Brought my a77 to jessops, the guy checked what's going on and made his stupid points what's wrong with it, actually he was trying to say that it is my fault, of course in nice words. Well you probably heard about jessops staff..so no surprise.

Anyway he took the camera from me, and said that he is going to send it back for a repair or smth, but he left the box and all manuals with me. Also said that it will take around 3 weeks. Better it will.

pixelmess Forum Member • Posts: 66

That really bites. Your only option is repair? Given your brief time with it... you can't do a full refund or a replacement on the spot?

And 3 weeks?

RussAdams Contributing Member • Posts: 842
Are you in UK???

Thought the UK had statutory rights to a refund in 30 days for defective goods?

RussAdams's gear list:RussAdams's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Sony a7 II
OP butirka New Member • Posts: 24

That's what I thought, he said this is our rules, we can't give you a refund until our "repair" team would find out if it wasn't done by you and it is manufacturer's fault. And there was no point to ask for a replacement, because they don't have any of these cameras in stores, at the moment you can just buy them online, what is out of stock anyway...

Corkcampbell
No, I ordered mine from Hong Kong; it, and a grip, were shipped

yesterday, so I don't have it yet. About the same cost as USA, considering taxes if purchased in a store.

Corkcampbell
Duplicate post. (nt)

no text

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads