Raphaella

Started Sep 18, 2011 | Discussions
jb_58uk Regular Member • Posts: 143
Raphaella

images from a recent shoot with the stunning Raphaella write up and more images (some lingerie) here:- http://www.imagoimagery.com/2011/09/from-raphaella-with-love/
Constructive thoughts welcome.

sam photo Contributing Member • Posts: 795
Re: Raphaella

...this is a nice image...the only thing I would caution you on is if you feature a models hands in an image , make sure their nails are perfect...my eyes were drawn to her nails immediately...

OP jb_58uk Regular Member • Posts: 143

Hi Sam, thanks for commenting

kenyee Senior Member • Posts: 1,522
and change the colors in post

to match her lipstick...I've done that when a model wore purple nail polish that didn't go w/ the outfit or lipstick

Nice image overall though...like the lighting and expression and pose. Looks like natural light instead of studio lighting...

kenyee's gear list:kenyee's gear list
Pentax K20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +4 more
franrahl Forum Member • Posts: 61

She is stunning and you photographs are beautiful.
--
Fran Rahl
'Happy when it all works out!'

patdog Regular Member • Posts: 101
Well done.

Very well done. No. 7 in series is special. I would love to see the set up if you have it.

Re: and change the colors in post

Kenyee

Thanks for the comments, there was a real mixture of lighting on these, some flash, some natural light and some natural with flash as fill, each giving a slightly different look / feel.

franrahl
thank you she is a fantastic model to work with.

Patdog

Sorry dont have any set up images bit I think this was lit with a single 2m octabox directly behind me, skin tones were pushed a little in the RAW conversion too.

michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 10,996
I have to chuckle

My initial reaction was exactly like yours. Since the hands are in such proximity to the face I noticed the nails immediately. Seems like a nit pick, but since you brought it up already...

sam photo wrote:

...this is a nice image...the only thing I would caution you on is if you feature a models hands in an image , make sure their nails are perfect...my eyes were drawn to her nails immediately...

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E +23 more
Hugowolf Forum Pro • Posts: 12,674

I can’t say the nail colour bothers me; perhaps if I were from a different generation?

How did you find Banana as far as equipment goes? I had a look at the website and there weren’t many details. Seemed to be Bowens monolights, but how many and how triggered and controlled?

Brian A

Have worked at Banana loads of times and have always been very happy. Eric and his staff always look after you well. Lots of Bowens lights and accessories, some Lencarta too, ringflash, all you could need really, would have no hesitation recommending them for whatever you need.

Hugowolf Forum Pro • Posts: 12,674

jb_58uk wrote:

Have worked at Banana loads of times and have always been very happy. Eric and his staff always look after you well. Lots of Bowens lights and accessories, some Lencarta too, ringflash, all you could need really, would have no hesitation recommending them for whatever you need.

I don’t make it up to Newcastle very often nowadays – I am a Geordie ex pat living a few thousand miles away – but it is nice to know about studio availability for when I do go.

Thanks,
Brian A

sure you will be made very welcome when you come back to God's Country

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads