WHCC vs Costco

Started Aug 20, 2011 | Discussions
Brad King Regular Member • Posts: 140
WHCC vs Costco

Normally order canvas prints through WHCC. a customer recently asked about getting the canvas portrait through Costco. I have no experience with Costco. Does anyone know if the quality is as good as a canvas from WHCC?

Adam2 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,613
Re: WHCC vs Costco

Brad King wrote:

Normally order canvas prints through WHCC. a customer recently asked about getting the canvas portrait through Costco. I have no experience with Costco. Does anyone know if the quality is as good as a canvas from WHCC?

Nope. I print my canvas at home. Much better quality and I can control the process better. I've seen the display canvas images at Costco, and they are less than impressive. Given WHCC's history, I would expect better but can't say first hand. You could always order one through WHCC and if you aren't happy, they'll work with you.

Guillermo Shashte Contributing Member • Posts: 761
Re: WHCC vs Costco

Brad King wrote:

Normally order canvas prints through WHCC.
a customer recently asked about getting the canvas portrait through Costco.

Don't know about the WHCC quality but I ordered a 24x32 canvas from Costco and it's fine. I bet that most people will find it difficult to tell which one is better and that if not comparing side by side either one will be fine.

What I like about Costco:

Liberal return policy
No Problem uploading 25 MB files that I used

Excellent packing (I can use it to store away if I want to rotate several of them).
Able to turn off their automatic picture enhancements
Costco mounting looks to me better that WHCC's from what I can see here:
http://www.whcc.com/products/gallery-wraps/

On my print the staples are not visible from the back and the corners look nicer.

The price was about $70 delivered to local Costco. Currently they have a $10 off promotion.

What you may not like about Costco:
It takes 7-8 days to deliver.
Costco uses only lustre paper, just one finish.

Costco's is ready to hang but there is no paper back, corner bumpers , wire hanger options.
Only 1 1/2 frames
Not so easy to upload and order as probably it is with WHCC.
Prices for wraps bigger than 24x32 go up significantly.

If you and the customer are OK with the one type of canvas they make, why not? Good quality at less than half the price Canvas wraps from Costco.

-- hide signature --

GS

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads