Slik Tripod

Started Jul 18, 2011 | Discussions
ireland87 New Member • Posts: 7
Slik Tripod

Hi all

Has anybody had any experience with slik tripods more specially the Slik Sprint Pro II ?

What would be the pros and cons of a slik tripod. I mainly want something for night photography thats good a stable. I don't have the money for a manfrotto!

bobmandwendyv Contributing Member • Posts: 710
Re: Slik Tripod

I have a Slik U8000. I've had it since 2000ish. It's tough, smooth, seems well built, and can hold a very heavy SLR or my video camera. Nothing has broken. It's overkill for my digital cameras. I think this model is primarily for video but it does everything I have required.

Hope that helps, at least with the maker's quality.

zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 29,055

I've had a Slik Sprint Pro EZ for a few years, and it's a great tripod...solid, light, compacts small enough for easy travel, extends tall enough for almost any need, handles the weight of my 300mm F4 lens and Tamron 200-500, nice and stable for night shots, love the individually adjustable legs, and it holds up well to banging and heavy use. No complaints on mine.

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +23 more
gloaming Veteran Member • Posts: 3,631

i cannot answer your specific question, but I purchased a Slik tripod about 13 years ago and have found it to be dependable, rugged, and functional. If you have identified one with desirable features, you are not likely to be disappointed.

OP ireland87 New Member • Posts: 7

thanks for the relies im pretty tempted to get this one

bobmandwendyv Contributing Member • Posts: 710

Go for it. I can't even remember what I paid for mine all those years ago. But It still has its little rubber feet intact and looks really big with a Sony Nex perched on top.

Cheers once again,

Stefan Lindgren Forum Member • Posts: 53

I just bougt and reviewed the Slik 823CF
Regards/ Diy freak :0)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads