FZ100 newbie pics

Started Jul 4, 2011 | Discussions
pdurdin Regular Member • Posts: 157
FZ100 newbie pics

My FZ100 arrived on Saturday and on Sunday took these photos...I'm very happy with the camera as a replacement for my aging Canon S2 IS, and I find the colours much nicer OOC so I spend less time on PP.

These were all taken at 10MP as I forgot to set it back to 14MP. And I'm still getting used to the complexity of the interface so a few have had PP to correct overexposure. First two and the last one are crops as I was with other people and didn't spend much time on composition. All are resized for uploading.

This building site is approximately 1km away from where I was standing. No tripod so there's some very apparent wobble at that zoom.

Next two are the same as above with some PP in Paint.NET -- filtered B&W and soften portrait filter (I know it's not a portrait, but I like the result!).

Jack Brandt217
Jack Brandt217 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,826
Re: FZ100 newbie pics

You're off to a great start pdurdin. Well composed and well exposed. Welcome.

Jack
--
http://www.pbase.com/jbrandt

FRANCISCO ARAGAO
FRANCISCO ARAGAO Regular Member • Posts: 194

Wonderful pictures. I never understand these people complaining about the quality of the Panasonic FZ cameras. What they want P & S with DSRL quality?

-- hide signature --

Lumix DMC-FZ4O

FRANCISCO ARAGAO's gear list:FRANCISCO ARAGAO's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 +6 more
ChrisLumix Senior Member • Posts: 2,448

Nice pictures (not so keen on #4 but love the others). It all looks decidedly SouthWest to me - where are they of? (Or "Where are they to?" as they would say around here!)
--
Panas0n!c Lum!x FZ-38

OP pdurdin Regular Member • Posts: 157

ChrisLumix wrote:

Nice pictures (not so keen on #4 but love the others). It all looks decidedly SouthWest to me - where are they of? (Or "Where are they to?" as they would say around here!)

Thanks! #4 was only a test of the zoom anyway. All taken in Hastings, so Southeast not Southwest.

ChrisLumix Senior Member • Posts: 2,448

pdurdin wrote:

ChrisLumix wrote:

Thanks! #4 was only a test of the zoom anyway. All taken in Hastings, so Southeast not Southwest.

My mistake! We have church architecture just like that down here too.
--

Panas0n!c Lum!x FZ-38 (The word "LOSE" is spelled "LOSE"! It's not spelled "LOOSE", ok?)

digby dart Veteran Member • Posts: 6,163

These are excellent pdurdin, you’ve taken to the camera like a duck to water, we are obviously in for some wonderful posts as you put the camera through its paces. You have an excellent eye, the compositions are beautiful. Kindest regards.
--

OP pdurdin Regular Member • Posts: 157

Thanks a lot! I'm slowly getting used to the interface differences from my old Canon, but there's lots to learn still.

I'll try and post a few of the better shots here every now and then, but in general post all my decent photos (well they're decent in MY opinion) up on http://pdurdin.deviantart.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads