Photography in Laos

Started Jun 18, 2011 | Discussions
SimonV Regular Member • Posts: 261
Photography in Laos

I'm going to Laos in a little while, and wondering about local customs on photography. Anyone who's been there, are there specific things to do/not do when shooting, or otherwise things to keep in mind regarding photography in Laos?

GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 12,980
Re: Photography in Laos

No problem. Most Asians are pretty photo friendly. I have never had any problems taking street/market/temple scenes or individuals.

In the case of individuals, look them straight in the eye and give them a big smile. 99.9% of the time you will get a big smile back.

There are certain areas where photography is restricted (some temples or other 'holy' sites). In those cases just respect their wishes. Ditto, for anyone who might indicate they do not want their photo taken.

Enjoy your trip.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +47 more
OP SimonV Regular Member • Posts: 261
Re: Photography in Laos

I've been to Thailand three times and I kinda figured Laos would be pretty much the same, but I didn't want to assume. Thank for the advice!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads