D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Started Jun 13, 2011 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Cytokine Contributing Member • Posts: 661
D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Although it is the hardest f stop to use on this lens especially in the windy conditions by the sea where I live, I seem to prefer the look of 1.4 despite its very narrow depth of field taken with Nikon 50mm 1.4D (1/320 f1.4)

John

Gale Bizet Forum Pro • Posts: 15,266
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Beautiful flower. Who does not love reoses:> )))
I think the comp could be improved and cropped.

Color looks accurate to me. I have a D200 and the color can be reliable. Not harsh.

I think I would search flowers and roses and see what time of day might be better. I usually shoot in morning or evening light. Both are a tad different.

Keep shooting. Enjoy
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

http://www.pbase.com/techwish

Cytokine OP Contributing Member • Posts: 661
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Gale Bizet wrote:

Beautiful flower. Who does not love reoses:> )))
I think the comp could be improved and cropped.

Color looks accurate to me. I have a D200 and the color can be reliable. Not harsh.

I think I would search flowers and roses and see what time of day might be better. I usually shoot in morning or evening light. Both are a tad different.

Thanks Gale,

This was shot in evening light but is behind a hedge and between entrance rails and a hedge with a drain pipe next to it so composition is limited.

John

Gale Bizet Forum Pro • Posts: 15,266
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

lol
Calls for some creative repositioning:> )))

Perhaps even put a peice of black behind it. Zoom in a bit closer to the rose and perhaps kneel down and shoot upwards at it:> )))

I hate it when that happens.
Yes the color is very pleasant.
F 1.4 does not to be a prob with that light
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

http://www.pbase.com/techwish

Cytokine OP Contributing Member • Posts: 661
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Gale Bizet wrote:

lol
Calls for some creative repositioning:> )))

Perhaps even put a peice of black behind it. Zoom in a bit closer to the rose and perhaps kneel down and shoot upwards at it:> )))

Did that last year with this same rose plant using white paper. I particularly like the colour of its flowers. So far only 1 rose this year!

Gale Bizet Forum Pro • Posts: 15,266
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

Now That is a beauty.. You have it nailed. Can do again. hahah try with different colors.
See you knew all along.
--
Nikon Gal
Best Regards
Gale

http://www.pbase.com/techwish

HSway
HSway Veteran Member • Posts: 3,079
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

It’s very nice both.. I’d close the frame on both sides right close to the first distinct contours (left and right side) - on the first image. Something special I often like in your extra large aperture flowers. Besides, flowers are so difficult models to capture in a photograph. I say they have to be persuaded .:-)

Thanks for sharing,

Hynek
--

http://www.sunwaysite.com

Cytokine OP Contributing Member • Posts: 661
Re: D200 and Rose C&C welcome

HSway wrote:

It’s very nice both.. I’d close the frame on both sides right close to the first distinct contours (left and right side) - on the first image. Something special I often like in your extra large aperture flowers. Besides, flowers are so difficult models to capture in a photograph. I say they have to be persuaded .:-)

Thanks Hynek,

There is a lovely reddish colour on the rose leaves this year which is why I left both sides less cropped than usual, but I take your point. I look forward to, as you say a little persuasion if we get any more good condition roses. The weather this year has been strange and perfect roses not as abundant.

John

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads