Screen and Lens protection for XZ-1

Started May 2, 2011 | Discussions
nikos01 New Member • Posts: 10
Screen and Lens protection for XZ-1

I've purchased an XZ-1 and I want to protect the screen and the lens.

For the screen, which product would ou recommend? Has anyone tried the one the Lexerd protector (amazon)?

For the lens, has anyone tried the
ACMAXX LENS ARMOR Multi-Coated UV FILTER Olympus XZ-1
(amazon and ebay)

?

pka Senior Member • Posts: 1,815
Re: Screen and Lens protection for XZ-1

3w dot protectionfilms24 dot com/screen-protectors/xz-1-31601.html?langId=en&sf24=a604fb4e29bbf1fa88d6cea0f4ebb81f
pka
http://www.karlach.net/

pka's gear list:pka's gear list
Olympus E-100 RS Olympus TG-860 Olympus E-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
OP nikos01 New Member • Posts: 10

thank you. I am trying to find it in the US market as well, but google does nto return anything.

have you used it? is it good?

pka wrote:

3w dot protectionfilms24 dot com/screen-protectors/xz-1-31601.html?langId=en&sf24=a604fb4e29bbf1fa88d6cea0f4ebb81f
pka
http://www.karlach.net/

Alexlotl Forum Member • Posts: 50

nikos01 wrote:

(amazon and ebay)

How does that thing even attach? There aren't any threads on the end of the lens.

I generally use the lens naked, but if I'm shooting in a dusty or sea-spray environment, I'll just stick a standard 52mm UV filter on the end of my XZ-1 Lensmate.

I'm generally against adding extra glass unnecessarily, as it just encourages flare. I guess it keeps Hoya/Pentax going, though, which is good for the industry!

pka Senior Member • Posts: 1,815

Use ARMR200 for PEN and Savvies for XZ-1, the 1st one is better, want to try the 1st two, should be the best ones. pka:)

nikos01 wrote:

thank you. I am trying to find it in the US market as well, but google does nto return anything.
have you used it? is it good?

pka wrote:

pka's gear list:pka's gear list
Olympus E-100 RS Olympus TG-860 Olympus E-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
BluAlloy Regular Member • Posts: 436

nikos01 wrote:

(amazon and ebay)

I think I remember somebody saying that it the UV filter didn't fit. I could be wrong though or they could have fixed the issue.

stewf New Member • Posts: 7

Any update? I love the idea of a lens protector to negate the need for a lens cap.

AG
AG Regular Member • Posts: 291

If you are looking for one, I would recommend:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...0759822904&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4949wt_1107
No air bubbles to squeeze and 3.3" practically perfect size.

AG's gear list:AG's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Lumia 1520
Drala Hiker New Member • Posts: 10

The Lens Armor UV filter looks to be attached with a ring of adhesive (such as used on LCD protectors, I assume) that attaches to the front of the lens barrel.

Apparently they do now make one to fit the XZ-1.

What does drive me nuts is that ACMAXX gives no technical specs on their products, which seems remiss considering that their market is serious photographers.

Drala Hiker's gear list:Drala Hiker's gear list
Olympus XZ-1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads