Snapshot Wins 1st Place

Started Feb 22, 2011 | Discussions
rustler2x4 Regular Member • Posts: 144
Snapshot Wins 1st Place

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=393262&View=Results&Rows=4

I guess in this case it fit the theme well enough. Not a particularly good photo, but I'll take the win. I think I shot this one from the hip too. Apparently it got zero views as well.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

rustler2x4's gear list:rustler2x4's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC
Larry MacKinnon Senior Member • Posts: 1,392
Re: Snapshot Wins 1st Place

Congrats.

AntonyVance Forum Member • Posts: 79

Congrats. I see that there is lost of noise in dark areas. But image was shot with ISO 200. Is it normal for e30? I have just ordered refurbished one.
--
Antony Vance

AntonyVance's gear list:AntonyVance's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +6 more
Great Bustard Forum Pro • Posts: 45,199
Congrats!

rustler2x4 wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=393262&View=Results&Rows=4

I guess in this case it fit the theme well enough. Not a particularly good photo, but I'll take the win. I think I shot this one from the hip too.

Of course, you understand it would have been better with FF, ultra shallow DOF, and less noise, right? If had the "right" equipment, it could have gotten zeroth place or even negative oneth place!

Apparently it got zero views as well.

I'm not sure what that means. Does that mean people voted on the basis of the thumbnail pic?

OP rustler2x4 Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Congrats!

Great Bustard wrote:

Apparently it got zero views as well.

I'm not sure what that means. Does that mean people voted on the basis of the thumbnail pic?

I suppose that's what it means. I can admit to having voted like that before...
--

Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC
OP rustler2x4 Regular Member • Posts: 144

I checked my LR3 file and I didn't use any noise reduction. Oops. But making it black and white sort of makes noise seem purposeful, or at least more acceptable.
--

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads