m.zuiko 40-150 is only 109.99 at staples.com

Started Feb 22, 2011 | Discussions
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 27,133
It doesn't......

Jed Perkins wrote:

scootdedoot wrote:

Still overpriced for a cheap Chinese lens, but they need to use up those old Coke bottles.

You must really hate China. Almost every single post you make bashes Chinese products. Of course none of your posts offer anything of value to the reader, but maybe it makes you feel better, to get this anger off your chest...
--

the anger and the hate feed on itslef.

jed

TEdolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +8 more
453C Veteran Member • Posts: 7,087
Re: It doesn't......

tedolf wrote:

Jed Perkins wrote:

scootdedoot wrote:

Still overpriced for a cheap Chinese lens, but they need to use up those old Coke bottles.

You must really hate China. Almost every single post you make bashes Chinese products. Of course none of your posts offer anything of value to the reader, but maybe it makes you feel better, to get this anger off your chest...

the anger and the hate feed on itslef.

I see he hasn't taken my suggestion to add I hate China! to his sig line.
Maybe scootdedoot is this guy:

http://asianhistory.about.com/od/china/ig/Tiananmen-Photo-Gallery/Tank-man.htm
--
http://453c.smugmug.com/

Klarno
Klarno Veteran Member • Posts: 4,177
Re: m.zuiko 40-150 is only 109.99 at staples.com

Little does he realize, scootdedoot is utterly surrounded in products that would have easily cost at least 2-3 times as much for the same quality if they didn't have components made in or were entirely assembled in The People's Republic of China. China is, in fact, the only place on the planet where you can have precision manufacturing and low labor costs. In the world of consumer electronics especially (which includes the vast majority of cameras), you cannot escape Chinese labor and Chinese components manufacturing, even if you pay top dollar.

Should you be bothered by that? Perhaps. But the time for deriding the quality of Chinese manufacturing in general is long past. Chinese manufacturing standards are incontrovertibly world class. Is there a poor sense of fit and finish in the lowest cost Chinese goods? Yes, of course there is. But there's also an equally poor sense of fit and finish in American, Japanese or German manufactured products that cost much, much more.

Manufacturing done in China for international corporations like Olympus, Nikon or Apple Inc. does not equal cheap Chinese manufacturing.
--
http://www.photoklarno.com

Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Joe Ogiba
Joe Ogiba Veteran Member • Posts: 4,627
How many here got it for $99.99 at Amazon ?
 Joe Ogiba's gear list:Joe Ogiba's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony a7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Samsung NX1 Sony a6300 +1 more
TheAttackMan New Member • Posts: 6
QVC has it for $149

Bought last week arrived in 2 days in time for turkey day.

scootdedoot Regular Member • Posts: 113
Got mine for just under $90.

Great lens. Chinese. Very cheap. These other jokers get their shorts in a knot and seem to believe that Chinese cheap is all bad, and if they pay more for the same item they get a better product. I only consider the issues of worker condition, environment, monetary policy, trade balance, etc. as possibly being bad. The Coke bottle reference was a joke which seems to have gone over the heads of a few.

bloodycape Senior Member • Posts: 1,560
Re: Got mine for just under $90.

Where did you get your for under $90?

A bit related, but anyone know what is the lowest current price on the 40-150 II version?

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
scootdedoot Regular Member • Posts: 113

Not the II version It was cheap when I added it to several other items from B&H. Cheap is a good price. This was a while back.

baxters Veteran Member • Posts: 5,157

bloodycape wrote:

A bit related, but anyone know what is the lowest current price on the 40-150 II version?

Unless you find it as part of a $99 bundle in a PEN kit and then you got to buy another camera, I think this is the lowest price currently. Appears to be in stock too.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.E167620.desc.Olympus-40150mm-Digital-Zoom-Lens-for-Olympus-PEN-EPL1-Camer

Whew, I remember reading this thread many months ago and immediately snapping one up from Staples for $109.

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6
bloodycape Senior Member • Posts: 1,560

That is for the version I, I was asking about the version II, which just looks nicer.

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads