m.zuiko 40-150 is only 109.99 at staples.com

Started Feb 22, 2011 | Discussions
rezaf_2000 Regular Member • Posts: 335
Re: m.zuiko 40-150 is only 109.99 at staples.com

Thanks. I didn't plan to buy this lens, but at this price it would be a crime! I put my order, estimated shipping in 10 days now.

njdevil1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,727
Looks like its dead...

Searching with L1 yields a $249.99 price. Oh well. Thanks anyways OP!

Tommy
--
As in Life, chill for best results

Laszlo13
Laszlo13 Contributing Member • Posts: 887
Mine still went through

Just finished check out
I noted the following in my confirmation email:

"Our prices vary from store prices. Not responsible for typographical errors. Not all items are available. We reserve the right to limit quantities, including the right to prohibit sales to resellers."

So curious as to if it really shows up as well.

Laszlo13's gear list:Laszlo13's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Laszlo13
How on earth did you figure this out?

Just wondering, out of admiration of the best internet deal seeking skills I've seen.

OP nxp3 Regular Member • Posts: 365
Re: Looks like its dead...

Did you do -L1

That's dash sign is required.

-- hide signature --

-bokehmokehshmokeh-

mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094

That is an awesome deal. However, I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. I already have the 14-140mm and the 45-200mm and the Olympus lens doesn't have IS.

If you have an Olympus m4/3s camera then you would have to be crazy not to jump on this deal. If you are a Panny owner then it really only makes sense if you don't already have a zoom lens.

It is still active as of 10:18 AM EST on 2-22-11.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Jman13 Senior Member • Posts: 1,424

rezaf_2000 wrote:

Thanks. I didn't plan to buy this lens, but at this price it would be a crime! I put my order, estimated shipping in 10 days now.

-- hide signature --

Huh. My confirmation says it will be delivered tomorrow!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.jordansteele.com

Laszlo13

Mine too

Delivered by Staples courier - what is that? Is that an employee jumping in a car from a nearby staples and driving it to my house, like Pizza delivery?

David Crockett Contributing Member • Posts: 662
Olympus® M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Wide Angle Lens

I just applied the -L1 to this lens: Olympus® M.Zuiko Digital 17mm f2.8 Wide Angle Lens, and the price went from 299 to 249.

-David

s_grins
s_grins Forum Pro • Posts: 12,774

Mine too. Delivered by UPS
--
MFT in progress

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +3 more
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 9,674
The code was part of an E-PL1 promotion....

Laszlo13 wrote:

Just wondering, out of admiration of the best internet deal seeking skills I've seen.

Staples has an E-PL1 kit on sale that comes with a coupon booklet in the box with these "special prices" stock numbers in it. I got the kit several weeks ago and then ordered my lens (for $149 minus a different $25 coupon at the time). They then ran out of the lenses about a week later, and have not had them back until this week.

The $40 extra off coupon they have currently is for the President's day sale; I think that continues through this Saturday.

And, for those who asked, YES it is the MICRO43 lens (the M.Zuiko version).

It's a very nice lens, and yes a heck of a deal! (Oh, and if they run out again, the stock number just vanishes from the pages and a search will give you "item not found"...so if you want it, I would order one sooner rather than later.) Plus, Staples is reliable and has very fast delivery..they are a very good outfit to do business with.

-Janet

sensibill
sensibill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,401
Argh---!

If I'd gone E-PL1 again this time around instead of G2 (which is showing up in a couple of hours - hehe), this would be incredible.

As it is, I think I'd still rather put the extra $160-ish on the stabilized Pana 14-200mm.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony a7 II
Re: How on earth did you figure this out?

Someone post a sale item at staples.com. I notice that the item has an item number with -L1 behind it. I just thought to apply the -L1 to other items and found the cheap prices on many of them. Other items are decent, but this one is almost half off...it's insane.

-- hide signature --

-bokehmokehshmokeh-

Dr 2011 Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: Argh---!

sensibill wrote:

If I'd gone E-PL1 again this time around instead of G2 (which is showing up in a couple of hours - hehe), this would be incredible.

As it is, I think I'd still rather put the extra $160-ish on the stabilized Pana 14-200mm.

Where did you buy the 14-200mm for $270 (109.99 + 160)?? Actually I am not aware of any such lens existing. Please reply.

Gregory J McConville Regular Member • Posts: 370

Olympus 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 ED Zuiko Digital Lens

This one is $149 at Amazon. Are there two 40-150's in the Oly line-up?

greg

He meant the panny 45-200mm with IS that can be had for about $250 on Amazon. It is a better lens than the 40-150mm but it is probably not $140 better.

Dr 2011 wrote:

sensibill wrote:

Where did you buy the 14-200mm for $270 (109.99 + 160)?? Actually I am not aware of any such lens existing. Please reply.

Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more

I believe there is an m4/3s and a 4/3s version. The 4/3s version is very cheap. Less than $100 I think. However, it requires a more expensive adapter to use AF with it.

The staples deal is for the m4/3s version that will work on any m4/3s camera straight out of the box. This is a deal you won't want to miss out on if you own an Olympus m4/3s camera.

Gregory J McConville wrote:

Olympus 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 ED Zuiko Digital Lens

This one is $149 at Amazon. Are there two 40-150's in the Oly line-up?

greg

yes there is. m.zuiko is micro4/3 lens. zuiko is the 4/3 lens. Since you are on here I assume you want a micro4/3 lens?

-- hide signature --

-bokehmokehshmokeh-

xpherion Forum Member • Posts: 56

Excellent deal. I wish I could get Panasonic 14mm deal.

David Crockett Contributing Member • Posts: 662

He meant the panny 45-200mm with IS that can be had for about $250 on Amazon. It is a better lens than the 40-150mm but it is probably not $140 better.

For what it's worth. I had the 45-200 and I returned it, not sharp and slow as molasses on the PEN. Now I own the 40-150 and even with the converter it's cheaper, faster, lighter and sharper than the 45-200. Just my experience and opinion.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads