NEX 5 camera profile in Lightroom or ACR?

Started Dec 27, 2010 | Discussions
greuceanu New Member • Posts: 10
NEX 5 camera profile in Lightroom or ACR?

Anybody knows, is there any lightroom / ACR camera profile for NEX 5? Not a lens profile!

warpedwoof
warpedwoof Regular Member • Posts: 357
Re: NEX 5 camera profile in Lightroom or ACR?

The last versions of Lightroom 2 (2.7) and ACR for Photoshop 4 won't handle the Nex raw files. Lightroom 3 and Photoshop 5 will handle the raw files. If you don't have either of the new versions you can use the latest DNG converter from Adobe to convert the Sony raw files to DNG files that will work in the prior versions.

cheers.......
--
Paul

warpedwoof's gear list:warpedwoof's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Alpha a99 +1 more
OP greuceanu New Member • Posts: 10

Thank you, but I have Lightroom 3.2 and I can open NEX-5 raw files (ARW). I search for a camera/color profile for NEX with the purpose of obtaining converted images like jpegs out of camera but with added benefits of PP realized in Lightroom or ACR (sharpening, lens correction, WB, etc)

gabriellopes Regular Member • Posts: 110

greuceanu wrote:

Thank you, but I have Lightroom 3.2 and I can open NEX-5 raw files (ARW). I search for a camera/color profile for NEX with the purpose of obtaining converted images like jpegs out of camera but with added benefits of PP realized in Lightroom or ACR (sharpening, lens correction, WB, etc)

I want the same.
--
Gabriel Lopes

Sony NEX-5 - 18-55mm - Voigtlander 40mm F/1.4 SC Nokton - Leica 35mm f/2.5 SUMMARIT-M To come!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gabriellopesmonteiro/

Kiril Karaatanasov Senior Member • Posts: 2,202

I found some Lightroom goodies for NEx though these are from the era when lightroom did not support NEX it seems

http://motimotion.at/blog/category/lightroom-presets/

The DPreview thread is here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1042&thread=36436880

Credits go to WSpekner who provides us wealth of lens reviews for NEX and some other cameras.

Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list:Kiril Karaatanasov's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7C
KEITH-C Forum Pro • Posts: 14,131

The latest versions of ACR & LR 3.3 should not need extra camera profiles for the NEX to be installed as they are setup to handle NEX files. However don't expect LR etc to open up RAW files that exactly mimic those processed by the camera - such files usually need some extra tweaking to optimise output & that after all is why people use RAW.

Some people like to use presets to get a wide range of different starting images & to give their pics a distinctive style but it is debatable if such images are accurate with regard to real colour etc. There is no harm in downloading such presets & trying them however.

Jpeg processing although much improved these days cannot ideally handle pics taken in a variety of lighting situations & that is why experienced users prefer to use RAW.
--
Keith-C

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads