GH2 Now Shipping Thread III

Started Dec 9, 2010 | Discussions
Baron von Bokeh New Member • Posts: 11
GH2 Now Shipping Thread III

Here's a new thread to track the status of GH2 shipments, as the previous one ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=37127285 ) just hit the message limit.

Here's a quick status update:

Panasonic Direct seems to have shipped some orders and will be shipping more today.

Samy's has shipped a number of orders that are being received today.

I am waiting for B&H to get their shipment. My contact there has no idea when that will happen, but they have reserved a camera for me that will go out when Panasonic gets their act together. Hopefully, that will be soon.

-- hide signature --

With due sincerity,
Baron von Bokeh

kingGKing Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: GH2 Now Shipping Thread III

I just got phone call from pany 11:09 12/09/2010 Eastern Time.
they called me to verify the my cc info and to confirm that i only ordered body.
they said they need "7-10 days of working day" to process this. and promised me
that i am going to get it before Christmas.
my status is still blank.
I ordered on 12/2/2010 and my credit card was charged on 12.6.10
i hope this helps you guys.
plus thanks to someone who posted pany direct phone number,
I would not pick up the call if i didnt know that number was from pany.
thanks all and i am happy to wait

kingGKing Forum Member • Posts: 53

I am posting this since GH2 Now Shipping thread II max out its maxium thread limit
Plus,
I just got phone call from pany 11:09 12/09/2010 Eastern Time.
they called me to verify the my cc info and to confirm that i only ordered body.
they said they need "7-10 days of working day" to process this. and promised me
that i am going to get it before Christmas.
my status is still blank.
I ordered on 12/2/2010 and my credit card was charged on 12.6.10
i hope this helps you guys.
plus thanks to someone who posted pany direct phone number,
I would not pick up the call if i didnt know that number was from pany.
thanks all and i am happy to wait

Everdog Veteran Member • Posts: 4,837

PD told me they have new stock and are processing it now. My order is being filled, but still shows as blank on line.

They claim I should receive it next week before the 16th.

Again, I put this all at a 60% of being true.

Also, I was going to order from a few other placed, but really wanted the camera body only. Samy's said they thought they had one and told me they would call me back, but never did. TheCameraStore in Canada (a great place to buy from) has several in stock with the 14-140mm lens, but again I don't need that lens.

I'll stick it out with PD and see what happens. Ordering from somewhere is would be to easy and no fun. I love having the story to tell.

terryoregon
terryoregon Senior Member • Posts: 1,487
Does Panasonic Call Everyone To Confirm?

I ask because . . .

Like many, I work during the day, and they only have my home number. If I'm at work when they try to call, will that delay shipping?

Is there anyone that has NOT recieved a call - who's GH2 shipped from Panasonic Direct?

terryoregon's gear list:terryoregon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a7S
CobaltFire Regular Member • Posts: 220
Re: Does Panasonic Call Everyone To Confirm?

Estimated delivery from Samy's Saturday for me, but I traditionally get it 1-2 days sooner (I live 1 mile from the main FedEx depot and 10 miles from the FedEx air freight terminal in Fort Worth).

CobaltFire's gear list:CobaltFire's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +10 more
MichaelKJ Veteran Member • Posts: 3,466

Placed my order online last evening for a silver from Unique Photo in NJ after closing hours. I spoke with a very helpful salesperson this morning and she said they received 4 silver yesterday after being told the day before they wouldn't receive any GH2s until the end of the month. I just received my shipping confirmation and UPS tracking number a few minutes ago!

I find it very interesting that Panasonic managed to get 4 to a store in New Jersey yesterday. In view of how disorganized PD is I wouldn't be surprised if similar small amounts were sent to Adorama and B&H.

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Ranger 9 Regular Member • Posts: 160

I'm starting to think my 'confirmation call' yesterday was a glimmer of false hope. My status page is still blank and my credit card has not been charged.

Just for yucks today I again called the PD 800 number and, after a personal-record 55 minutes on hold, reached a representative who told me that because my original order had been a 'pre-order' (false) they had placed my status on back-order. She said they have no date for when they will begin filling back-orders and that the estimated time is sometime between mid-December and mid-January.

One thing I did discover is that if you want to try to wring a bit of pale amusement out of this sorry mess, try to lure your representative into admitting in any way that Panasonic's handling of this situation may have fallen short of ideal. They maintain a rather poignant insistence that Panasonic can't possibly have done anything incorrect, and can be lured into bizarrely convoluted statements such as:

ME: So when I placed my order and the web page said the item was 'in stock' and 'ships in 1-3 business days, that actually was a mistake, right?

PD: No, it would have been in stock at that time, but then a pre-order could have gone on back-order based on the processing of the orders.

ME: You're just telling me anything to get me off the phone, aren't you?

PD: No, I'm not.

I'm starting to think the person who has gotten the best result so far was Anne talking to the cleaning lady! You should have asked her if there were any GH2 boxes lying around...

PD calling and intial problem...

I just got a call from Panasonic Direct. Their big question was if I ordered the GH2 body only. The original picture on their site last week was of a GH2 with a lens. One of the first buyers complained that they thought they were ordering a GH2+ lens because of that image, even though the text said Body Only. Because of that they blocked ordering from the web site and stopped processing orders until they could decide what to do. Now they clearly have lots of other issues, but this help really mess things up.

Last week when I first called a lady mentioned this, but I did not think much of it. Then when I got the call today a guy told me a little more. When they call, they will confirm that you ordered the GH2 without a lens.

BayAreaWZ Senior Member • Posts: 1,239

Got a call yesterday, but my status page is still blank too. Also no charge on my cc yet. Well, they did say 7-10 more days for processing. Fog and rain are starting to clear so prolly head out of the office during lunch for a photo walk. That will keep my mind off things.

BayAreaWZ's gear list:BayAreaWZ's gear list
Leica V-Lux (Typ 114) Olympus PEN-F Sigma sd Quattro +1 more
Dan Clark Senior Member • Posts: 2,703

BVB,

How did you get them to reserve one? B&H is my preferred vendor, but the best I could get was to be on a notify list.

Regards,

Dan.

Baron von Bokeh wrote:

I am waiting for B&H to get their shipment. My contact there has no idea when that will happen, but they have reserved a camera for me that will go out when Panasonic gets their act together. Hopefully, that will be soon.

pmelsa Regular Member • Posts: 367
Was Just Called

by Panasonic representative to confirm that I order the body only w/o the lens. He indicated they are doing that for body only orders. He said it should ship in 24-48 hours.

Don Contributing Member • Posts: 578
Re: Was Just Called

FedEx just dropped off my GH2 14-140 that I ordered from Samy's on Monday 5:19pm!!! Sweet!!!

mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094

Is the battery charging yet? Took exactly 2 hours for mine to charge. I think I have already shot 200 pictures and about 10 minutes worth of video. This camera is just stunning.

Don wrote:

FedEx just dropped off my GH2 14-140 that I ordered from Samy's on Monday 5:19pm!!! Sweet!!!

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and gloat, you lucky stiffs!

(Actually I'm not really complaining... Just hearing that ANYBODY in the US actually received a GH2 gives me some hope that someday I may emerge from Panasonic Purgatory and that it will be worth the wait. Wonder what's the first event that I'll be able to photograph with my GH2... St. Patrick's Day? Easter? Independence Day? Of course some of you guys may be on to the GH4 by then...)

UbeKula Forum Member • Posts: 94

I just got the PD call to verify 'body-only' and said 24-48 hours til shipped. Is Santa toying with me?

Well, I got my call yesterday, and no sign of action such as a CC charge, so 24 hrs is toast. We can hope for 48 hrs...

Incidentally, the 757 number must have leaked out (WikiLeaks?) because trying to call it now nets a busy signal or no answer.

sfphoto35 New Member • Posts: 6

Ranger 9 wrote:

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and gloat, you lucky stiffs!

(Actually I'm not really complaining... Just hearing that ANYBODY in the US actually received a GH2 gives me some hope that someday I may emerge from Panasonic Purgatory and that it will be worth the wait. Wonder what's the first event that I'll be able to photograph with my GH2... St. Patrick's Day? Easter? Independence Day? Of course some of you guys may be on to the GH4 by then...)

Ha ha, your post is the best I've read in weeks. Thanks for the chuckle.

Personally I'm sticking with waiting for the Amazon preorders to go out which, I'd expect, to be within the week.... I HOPE.

The Panasonic conversion table says 24-48 hours means 3 business days. They use a different time format an PD support.

Is this the same Panasonic conversion table where 'In stock' converts to 'We might get some by mid-January'? Meooooow...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads