Color management problem-Photoshop 7 to Epson R2400

Started Dec 8, 2010 | Discussions
lsgitt New Member • Posts: 6
Color management problem-Photoshop 7 to Epson R2400

Have been printing for years with no problems, MAC G4, OS 10.4 to Epson R2400 using Photoshop 7 print controls. Suddenly, the color of my prints are way off for all profiles and papers. Soft proof in Photoshop looks good, printer preview looks like the bad print. Reloaded the printer software, no change. Made print using Preview (not through Photoshop), print has correct color. Printer OK? Somehow printer is getting wrong profile from Photoshop, or managing on its own even though color control is "off". Any thoughts? MAC problem? Photoshop problem?

FotoFan1959 Contributing Member • Posts: 602
Re: Color management problem-Photoshop 7 to Epson R2400

Have you done a nozzle check to be sure that you are not missing a color in the printer?

Matt

MrTeee New Member • Posts: 22

I am having the same issue that just started. Using CS3 with XP. I have 4 printers with custom profiles, and 2 of them decided to do its own thing and not use the profiles. Tried resetting Photoshop, but same thing. Nozzle checks are good. Starting to think Photoshop is the problem.

OP lsgitt New Member • Posts: 6

Yes. all inks are sufficient and working.

Bummer. Maybe Adobe will try to help. My version is too old. They want $39 to look into the problem. I thought that I would try out Lightroom and see if I can print using it to make sure that it isn't a printer problem. I didn't want to reload Photoshop unless I was sure that it was the source of the problem.

johnpeeay Regular Member • Posts: 180

just a thought, try trashing the Adobe Photoshop preferences file. Found in users/library/preferences. If printing from preview is ok then your printer is ok. I have found that trashing the preferences file in other applications ( usually Final Cut Pro) has gotten rid of some weird behaviour so worth a try. Failing that re install Photoshop.
Good luck.

John Archer
Edinburgh

Thanks John, I'll give it a try this weekend.
Larry

Re: Color management problem-Photoshop 7 to Epson R2400-solved

John,

I followed up on your advice. Your suggestion worked perfectly. I'am now back in business. Fortunately I had a copy of what my custom preferences were so I could re-enter them when prompted. Thanks for taking time to answer my plea.
Larry

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads