Phottix Store reliability

Started Nov 20, 2010 | Discussions
KiboOst
KiboOst Senior Member • Posts: 1,187
Phottix Store reliability

Hi,

Does anyone have ever ordered something on http://www.phottixstore.com ?

I've sent an email to them with some questions, they answered a few hours later. I've then order some studio stuff on November 9, all stuff were and are in stock, and my order is still noted as "processing" on my account !

I've email all emails I have found to them to ask about this, and no news at all. Money have been sent the day of the order.

So, does anyone know what "processing" mean to them ? And did someone ever had problems with them ? As they don't answer my emails since ordering, I'm questionning myself about their reliability and would need some feedback before going further on this one...

Regards,
Kib

-- hide signature --
 KiboOst's gear list:KiboOst's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
Milner Senior Member • Posts: 1,102
Re: Phottix Store reliability

I have no experience with them

i would try getting them on the phone

on their website the page about shipping isnt filled - this kind of telltale signs would cause me to not order anything there.

this is what i do

1 - how is the website? does it have real contact information, not just a webform? Does it show a picture of the shop?
2 - what does google say when i type + scam

if these are ok then i will proceed to ask my friends and look for user experiences. once again, google is your friend.

lastly i will look at what payment options are offered, if they dont support the normal types of payment i will get suspicious.

KiboOst
OP KiboOst Senior Member • Posts: 1,187

Yes you're right. I was interested in new phottix strato and found several reviews that linked directly to the phottixstore, seemed serious ...
I will wait next week, and without answer, will set the dogs ...
--
http://www.nicolasgenette.com

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
Milner Senior Member • Posts: 1,102

i see on the site they are going to some show - maybe they are too busy with that?

michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,570
I wouldn't worry

i've ordered from them without any issues. They seem to be a small store. They were closed a while back (beginning of October) for over a week for some reason. Holiday? And then someone in this thread mentioned they were going to be at a show about now.

I have the Strato triggers and I think they're great. Great build quality. I bought 2 transmitters and 5 receivers. The pass through feature is great if you want to also mount a flash on camera.

When they ship they send you an email with all the tracking information you need. I wouldn't worry.
--
Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z7 +34 more
KiboOst
Re: I wouldn't worry

ok, they indeed seems serious, but no one taking time to answer an email is all but professionnal. I would never let a customer several days without news, that's why even when out for weeks, I have my professionnal email on my iphone.
Let's see

I've also ordered two transmitter, one for the body and one for a sekonic to read each flash on its own channel, then fire with the 1DsII set on all channels. I don't use TTL but only studio manual strobes. But this could be handy for off location with some speelites on light stands.

As I don't want to make bad rumors if not deserved, I will let you know on this thread asap I have a sign of life and how it goes.
I didn't saw on their website they was out.
--

magiclight
magiclight New Member • Posts: 21
Re: I wouldn't worry

I ordered and received a remote release but it took a LONG time.
--
Tom
magiclight

magiclight's gear list:magiclight's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +3 more
KiboOst
Step 2 !

Hi,

Finnally have an email this morning from them ! something I've ordered, even 'in stock' when ordered and still now, is not in stock and cause this delay. We are talking about dividing the order into two sending then. Seems on the good way, and a good reason ...

-- hide signature --
KiboOst
Received

ok, to let you know :
They finnally received the missing item, and sent it all in once.

I've received the order today, have check them and all is well built and works like advertised. No flash here, will test it in the studio asap, but all seems right.

So, apart not answering for several days, finally they seems professionnal, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone !

I had several stratos 4in1 (the last ones) receiver/transmitter, light stand, varos holder head, and a sekonic 358. Light stand and varos head are indeed very well built, and the sekonic with pc sync on a transmitter fire the receiver. Now, I need to connect all this to my studio strobes !

I have one transmitter for the sekonic, which will fire each flash on its own channel, and another transmitter on the body, being set to all channels for the shot.

Regards,
Nic
--

theprez Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: Received

Glad it worked out for you.

I'm using the Phottix Atlas units and they work reliably for me so far. A bit of an obvious PW clone but here in Indonesia only a third of the price, and there's a local dealer which made purchase easier than your online experience.
Have fun

hqphoto Forum Member • Posts: 91

Well I am beginning to question them as well.

I placed an order on the 4th of October. The same thing happened to me.It said processing for about 6 days and I wrote them. I received no response, but the next day the website said it was complete and then I received an email with a tracking number from the Hong Kong Post. It sat in the Hong Kong post for about five days before shipping. It was supposedly shipped on the 18th of October, but is yet to arrive. It is the 27th of November!!!

My other problem is that I was quoted a price in $US and then charged in Euros. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but the conversion cost me an extra US$ 12 more than the quoted price.

In all of this, They are asking me to leave positive feedback on their ebay store.

I have tried calling, and have sent three other emails, and have yet to either get through via the phone, or get a response from any of my other emails.

So I was overcharged, and still have not received my product. I don't think I will be purchasing anything from them again, and with this kind of service, I would discourage others from buying from them, until they prove me wrong.

hqphoto's gear list:hqphoto's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +4 more
minor salazar
minor salazar Senior Member • Posts: 1,619

Phottix store is very reliable at least my dealings with them. I did not read entire post so maybe this was mentioned. They are out of Hong Kong. Good return policy. Great prices. Have purchased from them numerous times.
--

chevysales Senior Member • Posts: 2,709

always bought their items via ebay. they have agood rating and were always prompt.

that said i have only bought various wired/wireless transmitters for vairious canon and nikons i have owned over the past 5 years.
--
D700 paired with 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200vr f2.8

chevysales's gear list:chevysales's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Pixelmator Chameleon Apple iPhone X Apple iPhone XS Max +2 more

I guess I can only wait and see, but I have never had such a slow delivery or lack of response from a company before. It just befuddles me that a company that I am hearing so many good things about is just not responding to me at all or can't be reached by the number on their website.

Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +4 more
KiboOst

Wow, since 4th october seems really long !
I received my order in four days once I got the tracking number.

What does it say for you ? The tracking should let you know where it is ? I once had a shipment that stay a very long time in customs for tex fees, was from B&H but not important there.

I have ordered from phottixstore website directly, dunno about ebay but after all, if this is the same guys behind, should be same service.
Will send you a private msg.

Just for information, usually on other sites, an order got several different step before shipment (collecting items, preparation, ready to send, sent etc). On Phottixstore, mine was allways "processing", and then "complete" once I received it.

Hope you will find a solution,
Kib

-- hide signature --

Not to dig up an old thread, but I finally got the stuff I ordered from the Phottix store today. A three month waiting period. Not the fault of the Phottix store, but its the last time I am ordering from them or any store from China, unless I have no problem waiting three months for it. Its such a pity that in this modern day and age, the Postal service is so poor.

The package appeared opened, and the boxes inside it also appeared open. I guess the postmen in all of the different countries that the package past through had to see what was inside.

D

Silverwind Senior Member • Posts: 1,344

Sorry to hear of the bad experience. I guess we all have bad experiences with any company at sometime or another.

As for my experience with Phottix . . . I just ordered a trans/rec set and two recv'rs. Found a 5% off coupon off google, too. Ordered them on Jan 4th. The order arrived Jan 18th. Would have been 15th, but I wasn't there to sign for it.

The only "real thing" i didn't like besides the waiting was the ambiguous messages on the USPS site about the order. I do know that is "sat" in the Hong Kong post office for a few days.

I ordered the Strato after watching several youtube vids on them and reading a bunch of articles about them. I have only had them for a week, but they do what they said they would do.

I don't think the problem was the store. It was the postal service. The package went even to Venezuela in its three month trek around the world.

So unless I am willing to pay UPS or the like for a product out of China, I will not trust the post out of China again.

By the way, the products seem to work well, and all seems well. Kudos for the product. Bad for the Shipping.

D

NikonDad3 Junior Member • Posts: 37

I ordered a stratos 5 in 1 transmitter and 2 receivers on Aug.19. The order was processed and sorted through Hong Kong sort facility on Aug 21. It is now Aug. 31 and the status has not changed. I hope I get these soon but am not hopeful.

sacentre Senior Member • Posts: 1,931

Hi

I've ordered from their HK store on three occasions and each time the goods arrived in good order, as advertised and in satisfactory time so I've no complaints so far.

As far as items bearing the Phottix label are concerned, I find the build quality quite acceptable. They seem to be mostly Chinese made knockoffs but ok at the price. In fact a number of stores in Singapore where I live stock Phottix products and in most cases they cost less than I would have to pay if I include shipping.but otherwise I'm quite happy to order from HK.

Many companies can't be bothered to answer email an lot of the time. They are basically just "box shifters" not manufacturers and so probally have little committment to PR. I asked a question about possible future lighting products once that never a reply.

Trevor

sacentre's gear list:sacentre's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads