Leitax adapters

Started Oct 15, 2010 | Discussions
mkdafne Regular Member • Posts: 405
Leitax adapters

Has anyone adapted any lenses doing using these? I'm very interested to give it a try.

headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,230
Re: Leitax adapters

Yep, the Leica 50/2 R. Changing the mount was incredibly easy.

Graham Best Veteran Member • Posts: 3,426

I converted a C/Y mount Zeiss 28mm f/2.8 distagon. The lens has turned out to be perhaps my favorite.

Relatively easy conversion, although you should ensure you have some quality precision screwdrivers before attempting the procedure. I had a jeweler friend re-slot the head of a screw I mangled dismantling the original mount.

I haven't personally tried one, but you can find a conversion mount on ebay for Leica for a little less than the Leitax. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330369966919&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Graham

'I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed.' -Garry Winogrand

Graham Best's gear list:Graham Best's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony a7R Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +13 more
docmaas
docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 7,124

I've used the leica adapter from ebay in the prior post and it works fine. One catch though is if you are leaving a rom in place on the leica lens there is no shaved or milled area on the mating surface and the lens will not mount exactly flat. It seems to work for me though even so.

One comment on the leitax cyz adapters. The slot into which a chip fits is wider than necessary and chip alignment can be a little challenging.

BTW Big_Is on ebay offers chips for sony that allow changing the f stop via the dial and recording the fstop correctly in the exif. They can also preset the chip to a custom focal length. http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Minolta-MA-AF-confirm-chip-adapter-/400149405930?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item5d2ac360ea#ht_1733wt_907

Mike
--

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.

• Ralph Waldo Emerson

OP mkdafne Regular Member • Posts: 405

Thx a lot for the input guys. I'm definetly going to give it a try on the zeiss 135mm f/2.8. I'm going to look into those chips that you mentioned. Do you have to do stop down metering with them or no?

nsng
nsng Regular Member • Posts: 127

I have converted 4 Leica R lenses, 19mm, 28mm, 35-70mm and 180mm Apo, to alpha mounts using Leitax adaptors for use with my A850. The conversion is relatively easy, except for the 35-70mm zoom which needed some filings. Each lens has a AF confirmation chip which activates Steady Shot as well. I used these lenses during my recent trip to Namibia. Yes, you have to use stop down metering. Here is the link to some of these photos, http://nns555.zenfolio.com/namibia .

N.S Ng

nsng's gear list:nsng's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Sigma DP1 Merrill Leica M Typ 240 Sony a7R II Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads