D7000 is here!!!!

Started Oct 14, 2010 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Drewcifer Junior Member • Posts: 31
Just picked up my D7000 kit!!!

Thanks Aimbdd!!! I owe you big time... Been looking forward to the D7000 for months as my first DSLR and just picked one up. FYI to all:

• After seeing the OP, I called two local (DC area) Best Buys. The first one told me they had three D7000 kits in stock but that it wouldn't be released until this SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16TH. She suggested that I ask her manager if they would release it early since they can get in trouble for selling it prematurely (she said the store can get fined by Nikon - don't know if that's true or not). I didn't have much confidence trying to convince the manager so I just tried another Best Buy.

• At the second Best Buy the lady told me they had three kits in stock. I asked if I could come in to pick it up and she said yes.

• Stopped at the Post Office and asked for a moving guide packet so I could get the Best Buy 10% off coupon.

• Went to the second store and picked it up. No problems whatsoever - they got it out of the "cage" and I used the 10% off coupon.

mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,092
Re: Jealous much ?

Videos please. And congrats by the way. No tax and 12% off is a great deal. Can't wait to see your many videos uploaded straight from the camera to vimeo.

And yes I am envious of your new camera.

aimbdd wrote:

I got it! 12 percent off best buy coupon ! Pictures and thoughts once home !

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
TFergus
TFergus Veteran Member • Posts: 6,188

me2000 wrote:

There is just about zero risk in being an "early adopter" of a DSLR model.

Are we scared the camera isn't going to work ? Nope.

Scared ? Maybe not.

Shocked if it doesn't ? Eh.

You obviously weren't around when the D5000 was released.

jocko411 Regular Member • Posts: 111

Just bought it! Best buy at 44th and 5th Ave in NYC has them in stock.

Keep me posted. About to open my box!

hd650 Regular Member • Posts: 251
Thanks for the tip!!!

Just purchased mine as well from BB..

bwigg Senior Member • Posts: 1,247

I just called and put one on hold at a BB. I live 200 miles from the nearest BB, so it will be Saturday before I can pick it up. I was on the fence about getting one, but once I heard it was available I just couldn't stand it!

It's going to be a long wait for Saturday to arrive.

bwigg's gear list:bwigg's gear list
Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
Bob from Plymouth
Bob from Plymouth Contributing Member • Posts: 633
Re: Always glad to see a big rush of early adopters .....

heavyone wrote:

I don't think it's wise to buy something as complicated as a new DSLR camera as soon as they come out. For numerous reasons I believe it to be wise to wait for not only the reviews to come out but to see if the cameras has bugs waiting for firmware updates to fix them.I'll wait to see what happens.

Can you give me an example of a camera, pitched at this level from a manufacturer with the status of Nikon, where the first to people buy found they had made a big mistake?

Bob from Plymouth's gear list:Bob from Plymouth's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P300 Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Ukjason Regular Member • Posts: 204

What about canada I live in vancouver and i want one now

IZO100 Contributing Member • Posts: 817
its "chacun à son goût"
 IZO100's gear list:IZO100's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV
DJ Light New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Just in!

Called local Best Buy store and they didn’t have any in…but said that two other nearby stores each had six in stock. Called one of them, after a long hold, they found the boxes in the back, though all are kits (with the 18-105 zoom). Could pick-up today.

However, I must be patient and wait for the local camera store to get the "body only." Very challenging afternoon. hehe.
Beaverton, OR

Kid Krinkle New Member • Posts: 8

Any of you guys picking them up also buying extra batteries and the grip?

Hopscotch Forum Member • Posts: 77

Has anyone else tried the mobile coupon that was posted earlier for 12% off? Does it work for multiple people or was it only good for one use?

-- hide signature --

call all the local best buy in Vancouver and no camera called al the local camera store and no go. what the efff going on with Canada, why cant we have a peace of the pie too.

hirange Forum Member • Posts: 98

Ukjason wrote:

call all the local best buy in Vancouver and no camera called al the local camera store and no go. what the efff going on with Canada, why cant we have a peace of the pie too.

Because Nikon is a spelling nazi, that's why.

Piece out.

Drewcifer Junior Member • Posts: 31

I didn't try to use a 12% coupon, but just stopped by my local post office and asked for a moving packet. They are free and there's a 10% off Best Buy coupon included. Was able to use it a little while ago for a D7000 kit.

hirange wrote:

Ukjason wrote:

Piece out.

don't wanna use the "f" word on this site hirange

hirange Forum Member • Posts: 98

Ukjason wrote:

hirange wrote:

Ukjason wrote:

Piece out.

don't wanna use the "f" word on this site hirange

Take it easy, I feel the pain of waiting too. Hope amazon surprises me.

The Big One Veteran Member • Posts: 4,516

Tried calling around in Calgary too, apparently the order is placed, but they are not in the warehouse yet. Too bad but I guess I can wait for a little longer until my preorder comes in...

Ukjason wrote:

-- hide signature --

--Wyatt
http://photos.digitalcave.ca
All images (c) unless otherwise specified, please ask me before editing.

The Big One's gear list:The Big One's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
aimbdd OP Regular Member • Posts: 245
Re: D7000 is here!!!!

Will write a semi review when i get back. Battery is charing! I love the charger! It allows you to choose either a cord or plug right into the wall!
It feels great!
More later.
Any questions or anything you want to know let me know

Hopscotch Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: D7000 is here!!!!

Can you guys tell me where your Best Buy had the D7000 located? Mine show them in stock on their computers but can't find them anywhere?!?

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads