cs5 how many times?

Started Sep 25, 2010 | Discussions
kcsun Regular Member • Posts: 124
cs5 how many times?

I am thinking of upgrading my existing cs2 which is on 3 of my computers. When I checked on Adobe you only get one license, can I still load it on all 3 of my computers?
kc

Matyszyk Junior Member • Posts: 37
Re: cs5 how many times?

You can load on to 2 computers only.

Matyszyk's gear list:Matyszyk's gear list
Nikon D810
Gary Coombs
Gary Coombs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,317
You can load CS5 on as many of your computers as you want...

The caveat is that you can only have two of them activated at any given time and if you honor the license agreement, you will only use one of them at a time.

-- hide signature --

Gary Coombs, W9VJ
http://GaryCoombs.com
My Profile Plan contains my Equipment List

A good photograph is knowing where to stand. -Ansel Adams

Gary Coombs's gear list:Gary Coombs's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III +4 more
Toermalijn
Toermalijn Forum Pro • Posts: 15,441
Re: You can load CS5 on as many of your computers as you want...

In that respect, he might have a hard time upgrading the cs2 version to cs5. Adobe has known to refuse update prices once they found out you installed on more then 2 computers. And believe me, they can see how many times you installed the software on different computers!!!

Adobe might say that you have to pay full price for the cs5 version.

Gary Coombs wrote:

The caveat is that you can only have two of them activated at any given time and if you honor the license agreement, you will only use one of them at a time.

OP kcsun Regular Member • Posts: 124

I have also loaded it when I replaced one of my laptops, talk about big brother!

Do they give you a refund if you have paid for the upgrade but refuse to pay "full price"

I am not a pro only an amatuer and I probably use only 1 millionth of what the software is capable of so CS5 is overkill for my needs anyway - might be easier to get elements
kc

Gary Coombs
Gary Coombs Veteran Member • Posts: 4,317

kcsun wrote:

I have also loaded it when I replaced one of my laptops, talk about big brother!

Do they give you a refund if you have paid for the upgrade but refuse to pay "full price"

I am not a pro only an amatuer and I probably use only 1 millionth of what the software is capable of so CS5 is overkill for my needs anyway - might be easier to get elements
kc

I suggest you contact Adobe so you understand what they are doing. Adobe is only concerned with loss of revenue because of software thieves and not with hurting honest users.

I've had Photoshop installed on as many as five different machines at one time but with only two of them activated at any given time. If you go to Help -> About you will see an "Activate" "DeActivate" toggle that is quick and easy to use. Whenever I need to take my laptop to the field it takes only a minute to deactivate a desktop installation and activate the laptop installation.

I had a machine crash a couple of years ago and that, of course, messed up my 2 activations. A simple call to Adobe Support explaining what happened and my activations were promptly returned back to my available two.

-- hide signature --

Gary Coombs, W9VJ
http://GaryCoombs.com
My Profile Plan contains my Equipment List

A good photograph is knowing where to stand. -Ansel Adams

Gary Coombs's gear list:Gary Coombs's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III +4 more
graybalanced Veteran Member • Posts: 6,245
Re: cs5 how many times?

kcsun wrote:

I am thinking of upgrading my existing cs2 which is on 3 of my computers. When I checked on Adobe you only get one license, can I still load it on all 3 of my computers?

You get one license which specifies that you can run it on two computers, such as desktop and laptop or office and home.

You can install it on as many computers as you like. The catch is that you are limited to two activations, so while you may install it on 5000 computers, only two can be activated for your license at any time.

But it can be any two, and you can easily deactivate one computer and activate another, as someone else said. I have heard, though, that if the Adobe server notices that you are deactivating/activating very frequently, they might start asking you about that.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads