[RUMOR] Pictures of the D7000 + 35mm 1.4 + SB-700 + 200mm 2.0 VRII

Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions
CarlosNunezUSA
CarlosNunezUSA Contributing Member • Posts: 579
Re: Could someone tell me what this is

Danel wrote:

If so, then that's a shame. Once you have used a camera with an articulated LCD you really miss it when you use a camera without one.

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

Paul H1 wrote:

was hoping for a twist & tilt lcd, so hope these are fake

For what I heard so far, there will be no articulate lcd.

I understand the idea of the articulate screen. In my particular case, the very first time I went out with a video camera with articulate screen the LCD came back broken (hanging by the cables), it was my fault for not beign more careful but I feel uneasy when I have that kind of screen. Now, it has advantages, for taking shoots at different angles, in the middle of a crowd, etc.

CarlosNunezUSA's gear list:CarlosNunezUSA's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
jeminijoseph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,486
That's good to know

I didn't know this. No, I don't need AF/AE lock. I just need AF on. So looks like it will work for me.

Thanks for the info

binary_eye wrote:

jeminijoseph wrote:

I was going to get it as a backup to my D300. But it looks like I won't because I need the AF ON button.

As with the D80/D90, I expect you'll be able to assign AF-ON to the AE-L/AF-L button. So unless you need both at the same time, it will have an AF-ON button for all practical purposes.

-- hide signature --

Thanks
Jemini Joseph

http://www.wildbirdimages.com

jeminijoseph's gear list:jeminijoseph's gear list
Nikon D500
LowlightShadows Regular Member • Posts: 147
the strap anchors ...

... look al little too explicit for my taste. They could have put another control in place of the right anchor on top next to the LCD screen

LowlightShadows's gear list:LowlightShadows's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D7000 Olympus E-PL7
VinnieJ Regular Member • Posts: 235
Re: [RUMOR] Pictures of the D7000 + 35mm 1.4 + SB-700 + 200mm 2.0 VRII

nikonrumors.com keeps posting new pics.

RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,612
Re: Could someone tell me what this is

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

Danel wrote:

If so, then that's a shame. Once you have used a camera with an articulated LCD you really miss it when you use a camera without one.

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

Paul H1 wrote:

was hoping for a twist & tilt lcd, so hope these are fake

For what I heard so far, there will be no articulate lcd.

I understand the idea of the articulate screen. In my particular case, the very first time I went out with a video camera with articulate screen the LCD came back broken (hanging by the cables), it was my fault for not beign more careful but I feel uneasy when I have that kind of screen. Now, it has advantages, for taking shoots at different angles, in the middle of a crowd, etc.

Sorry to hear that, but no you probably cannot buy a video camera without an flip-out LCD. I doubt the photos are fake.

theNEOone Regular Member • Posts: 396

Just saw them - thanks!

Magnesium body and 39-pt AF confirmed!!!! Can't wait!!!! Damnit, I want to pre-order now. It's going to be so painful waiting for this to finally get to me...

VinnieJ wrote:

nikonrumors.com keeps posting new pics.

bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 58,592

mats_b wrote:

I am a bit dissapointed with the design. I think it looks like an uglified d90. Given the d7000 name and the rumored spec's I was expectig a totally new body, like in the case of the Canon 60d, but better. It's a bit ironic as the d60 got a totally new body although not really suggested by the name.

Hoping it's a fake.

BR Mats

This is a totally new body. Funny you should raise the 60D, when the first photo's of that came out I could tell by the fit and finish it was plastic. I roundly lampooned for daring to suggest such a thing. This one is metal.
--
Bob

binary_eye Veteran Member • Posts: 4,290

theNEOone wrote:

Magnesium body and 39-pt AF confirmed!!!!

I could be 101-point but, as far as I'm concerned, if there is still only one cross-type, it's no improvement over the 11-point AF (or the 51-point, for that matter).

cgates1 Junior Member • Posts: 31
Re: [RUMOR] Pictures of the D7000

I should have said "AF point selector switch" - and you are correct, that is what I intended. The D90 had the continuous, single and "M" just like all the rest. The AF point thing is a big deal, as is metering mode. A button and control dial is harder to use.

I come from a point of view where usability is really at least as important as IQ.

binary_eye Veteran Member • Posts: 4,290

cgates1 wrote:

The D90 had the continuous, single and "M" just like all the rest.

The D90 has an AF/MF switch at the mount, with a button that cycles through the AF servo modes (AF-S, AF-C, or AF-A). The D300 and D700 have a C/S/M at the mount which doubles as an AF/MF selector and AF servo mode selector.

From the photos so far, it seems the D7000 has the C/S/M selector switch.

The AF point thing is a big deal, as is metering mode. A button and control dial is harder to use.

I'm still not sure what you mean by "AF point thing". I expect you'll still be able to cycle through AF points with the directional pad. If you're referring to the AF area selector, well no, it seems the D7000 doesn't have one. But in all the time I've used the D200/D300/D700, I've never once needed to switch area modes on the fly.

As for the metering button, I find the rotary switch that controls metering mode on the D300 and D700 difficult to use. A button near the shutter release in combination with a dial rotation would be much easier to operate with an eye to the viewfinder.

CarlosNunezUSA

bobn2 wrote:

mats_b wrote:

I am a bit dissapointed with the design. I think it looks like an uglified d90. Given the d7000 name and the rumored spec's I was expectig a totally new body, like in the case of the Canon 60d, but better. It's a bit ironic as the d60 got a totally new body although not really suggested by the name.

Hoping it's a fake.

BR Mats

This is a totally new body. Funny you should raise the 60D, when the first photo's of that came out I could tell by the fit and finish it was plastic. I roundly lampooned for daring to suggest such a thing. This one is metal.
--
Bob

I was almost killed and burned at the Canon forums for saying that the 60D was more like a downgrade from the 50D than an upgrade.

Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +1 more
larsbc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,233
Looks like improved custom memories

The latest pics on NikonRumors.com show a top-deck view:

Looks like it have a couple of memory banks and best of all, they're selectable via the dial, rather than menu diving like on the D300.

I really hope they're not just memories for storing frequently used scene modes.

I also hope they've done a better implemention of memories by making it so that you have to explicitly save the settings to the memory bank, rather than the bank retaining the last used setting when using that bank. It's one of the main reasons I don't use the memory banks on my D300.

The magnesium alloy body is cool but one of the main reasons I was looking at a D90 is for its lighter weight compared to my D300. I hope they can keep the weight of the D7000 almost the same as the D90.

larsbc

bobn2

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

mats_b wrote:

Hoping it's a fake.

BR Mats

--
Bob

I was almost killed and burned at the Canon forums for saying that the 60D was more like a downgrade from the 50D than an upgrade.

Yeah, the strange thing is the 60D is like an updated D90 and the D7000 is like an updated 50D. Looks like they both simultaneously decided the other was doing it right.
--
Bob

CarlosNunezUSA

bobn2 wrote:

CarlosNunezUSA wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

mats_b wrote:

Hoping it's a fake.

BR Mats

--
Bob

Yeah, the strange thing is the 60D is like an updated D90 and the D7000 is like an updated 50D. Looks like they both simultaneously decided the other was doing it right.
--
Bob

If the specs I'm reading about on NR are right, I decided to switch to Nikon. I will still keep 2 lenses from Canon, and maybe purchase a t2i as a backup but my main camera (40D) is gone, so I wanted a better 50D. It didn't happen, so it seems that Nikon picked up the ball that Canon dropped.

mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094

No the 60D is like a re-badged T2i and the D7000 is an entirely new camera. Canon blew it with the 60D but they are still doing fine with the T2i. Nikon will reign as the king for this round. Canon will probably dethrone them later with a 5D MKIII or a mirrorless solution though.

bobn2 wrote:

--
Bob

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Josh51699 Regular Member • Posts: 256

I am waiting to hear about video controls, video focusing, and metering non cpu lenses before final decision.... but it looks like Canon lost me, my 40d was already sold in anticipation of this and the 60d but 60d isn't looking to hot.

-- hide signature --
henriks
henriks Junior Member • Posts: 38

VinnieJ wrote:

Even more pics popping up now. It has the consumer look to it vs the pro look. In other words it has less "stuff" on it.

It has a professional black shutter button vs a chromed plastic one

henriks's gear list:henriks's gear list
Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
bobn2

mpgxsvcd wrote:

No the 60D is like a re-badged T2i

Look at the specs - very similar to the D90, apart from the flippy screen. Sure it uses 550D parts, but then the D90 and D5000 were pretty much the same camera under the hood.

and the D7000 is an entirely new camera.

Sure, as is the D3100. Nikon's on a roll.

Canon blew it with the 60D but they are still doing fine with the T2i. Nikon will reign as the king for this round.

Think you'll find the D5100 matches up much closer to the 550D, probably this D7000 sensor, 920k 2.7" screen in the current D5000 body.

Canon will probably dethrone them later with a 5D MKIII

5DIII won't make much difference to Nikon since it doesn't compete with it, just as Canon doesn't compete with the D700. The 1DsIV might make the D3X look a bit old.

Where Nikon looks a bit thin at the moment is D300s against the 7D, but this D7000's going to take some sales from the 7D, and I guess when the D400 (or D9000) comes along with the D4 the 7D will look a bit sorry for itself.

or a mirrorless solution though.

Nikon's supposed to have something interesting there.
--
Bob

rhlpetrus Forum Pro • Posts: 25,823
cross-type points

I doubt they would have a new 39 points AF with only one cross-type. At least the central area will have more points of that type.

binary_eye wrote:

theNEOone wrote:

Magnesium body and 39-pt AF confirmed!!!!

I could be 101-point but, as far as I'm concerned, if there is still only one cross-type, it's no improvement over the 11-point AF (or the 51-point, for that matter).

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/

Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +4 more
Apollo18
Apollo18 Senior Member • Posts: 1,317

I come from a point of view where usability is really at least as important as IQ.

I'm 100% with you on that. I would still buy a D7000, but only if the sensor is very very good indeed - it would need to be to compensate for the lack of important external controls.

Apollo18's gear list:Apollo18's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads