Canon S95 original DCC 1450 Case

Started Sep 8, 2010 | Discussions
kentweston New Member • Posts: 7
Canon S95 original DCC 1450 Case

Hi all,

Just bought an S95 and love it, however, i cant seem to find the official DCC 1450 case for it anywhere (on-line or in-store). Does anyone know where its available for purchase. I fear that my new camera will be confined to my desk draw....

Cheers,
Kent

Ludvig Senior Member • Posts: 1,432
Re: Canon S95 original DCC 1450 Case
srsteve Forum Member • Posts: 77

Ludvig wrote:

I think the Canon PSC-900 is the case for the S95:

I would hope that Canon would upgrade both S90 cases (PSC-900 & DCC-1400 [below]) to eliminate the side opening and decrease the depth for a better fit with the slimmer S95.

Just received the PSC-900 case to use with the S95, and the camera fits perfect in the case. And it seems a bit more "stylish" than the one pictured here.

OP kentweston New Member • Posts: 7

Really, that's great - thanks for the feedback. I thought I read on here that someone had received the PSC-900 case for the S95 and it felt really 'loose' as it is designed for the S90. Anyway, I'll give it a try as I cant see anywhere that has an ETA on the DCC 1450 case.

Thanks all

Just so I'm not saying anything wrong, here are some pictures of the case with the S95. If somebody say that it don't fit, I respectfully disagree.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I like the new round strap.

If you are happy with the case that is all that matters, but to my eye it looks slightly loose, and of course there is no longer any reason to have the side cut so low now that the S95 has the strap attached at the top of the body.

It will be interesting to see what design changes Canon comes up with for the S95.

srsteve wrote:

Thanks for posting the pictures. I like the new round strap.

Sorry, the strap is from a SD4000/300HS. The one that came with the S95 is a flat one.

If you are happy with the case that is all that matters, but to my eye it looks slightly loose, and of course there is no longer any reason to have the side cut so low now that the S95 has the strap attached at the top of the body.

It will be interesting to see what design changes Canon comes up with for the S95.

Seems i cant even get the PSC-900 case in this country (UK).... why would Canon release a camera a not a case to fit it, in this country anyway.....?

kentweston wrote:

Seems i cant even get the PSC-900 case in this country (UK)....

And here in the US we don't get the DCC-1400 that you have in the UK.

Here's the only picture I could find of the DCC-1450:

Notice the notches in the corners to accomodate both straps of the S95.

kensuguro Regular Member • Posts: 336

Have there been no alternative cases for s90? These look so... They look like blackberry holsters... I mean, I'm sure they're functional and all.

dualityim New Member • Posts: 7

I use the PSC-3200 case for it. People who have used it with the S90 complained that it was a little tight, but it turns out to be just perfect for the S95. And IMO it's much more stylish than the PSC-900 (I prefer the modern look of the 3200 to the retro 3200).

vincentnyc Senior Member • Posts: 2,585
Brown Leather Case

vincentnyc's gear list:vincentnyc's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Re: Brown Leather Case

This is nuts, I cant get ANY of the cases mentioned here in the UK.... don't really want to buy a generic case for my S95 as I am after he perfect fit! Even tried to call Canon and just got put on hold - got bored so hung up!

this brown leather case is really gorgeous.

that said, i think a really fugly, generic looking, almost industrial looking neoprene case would look fine as well. if it uses a hidden magnet, so much the better, as the "outside magnets" need to be closed "just right", whereas with the "hidden magnets", you just have to close the flap and it just snaps close properly.

Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8

It's neoprene, has a magentic closure, and although not generic it certainly is fugly. Best of all it is cheap, offers decent protection, and works with both the S90 and S95.

I bought this as a temporary case for my S90 until I could find a nicer one and now I'm using it for my S95.... until I can find a nicer one...

The only modification I did was add a layer of thin foam along the bottom and lower corners to protect them as the those are not padded like the front & back.

kentweston wrote:

This is nuts, I cant get ANY of the cases mentioned here in the UK.... don't really want to buy a generic case for my S95 as I am after he perfect fit!

Here's a cheap temporary solution until you can get your hands on the DCC-1450...

The camera will still fit in your pocket in the Ipod sock.

macshark Senior Member • Posts: 2,848

I can confirm that this Olympus case is a perfect fit for the S90. It would probably work even better with the S95.

Oly neoprene case

steve: i love the Oly neoprene case.

in fact, i was concerned that since the S95 is roughly 2mm thinner than the S90, that my Oly neoprene case might have been stretched somewhat over time, however unlikely. i picked up a SECOND Oly neoprene case (identical) recently after i got my S95 and hope that it is a tighter fit for the S95.

my thinking is that i don't want the new S95 to be swishing around the Oly neoprene case as i have it on my belt.

i hate having anything on my belt (never a cellphone, nor anything else) but i did experiment with the Oly neoprene case and i actually like it so much that it is my "go to" case for my S90/S95!! The gorgeous brown limited leather case from Japan is reserved for less picture-intensive, more leisurely walks

Re: Oly neoprene case

After reading the dimensions of the S95 I thought I'd have to add more padding to the sides or front, but the reality is that the S95 fits in the Oly case perfectly.

All that's needed is a foam insert surrounding the lens to fill the void on either side, but because the fit is so snug that is the only place that I can grasp the camera to retrieve it from the case...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads