Epson stylus PHOTO R 2400 color menagment

Started Aug 21, 2010 | Discussions
dariusz1963 New Member • Posts: 9
Epson stylus PHOTO R 2400 color menagment

HELP.HELP Hello I just bought Mac Book Pro I'm trying to print from Adobe software (Lightroom 3) using a colour profile. When I enter the profile in the print options i'm given the message;

"when selecting a custom profile, remember to turn off printer colour management in the Print dialogue before printing"

Anyone know where to do this so I can ensure my custom profile is managing the colours on my print? I used to manage this fine in Photoshop CS2, but things seem to have changed.I went thru all combination and settings on PAGE SET UP and PRINT My problem is that I can not find costume settings which shows to switch of printer colour management .

My understanding is on PRINT page under Printer Features I should have a option to go to ADVANCE MODE but drop down menu doesn't have it

Please help me I spend hours to solve this issue and all the time hitting a wall. Thank you

dariusz1963's gear list:dariusz1963's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +5 more
na goodman Regular Member • Posts: 498
Re: Epson stylus PHOTO R 2400 color menagment

So, did you download and install the current driver for your 2400 and Snow Leopard. It sounds like you don't have the correct driver loaded. "Printer Features" usually shows up if you have the Gutenprint driver loaded (these are part of the operating system). Your Epson driver should have a little arrow to click on and it should say "Printer Settings" where you can turn color management off.

OP dariusz1963 New Member • Posts: 9

Thanks for quick reply .On printer driv'er showing GUTENPRINT v 5.2.3 version and under printer features - ' summary big list of futures like COLOR MATCHING,SCHEDULER . etc'. and bunch of setting related to ' printer features' extra 1,2,3 and Output control common'

No line telling about drivers or colour menagments .I am pretty new to tech. aspects of computers .Before I was using PC now I switch to Mac which is more logical and easer for my 'brain' to comprehend (at list so far )

I did download latest drivers for Snow L. .Should I try do this again .?
Thanks again

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +5 more

You do not want to load the Gutenprint driver. Go to the print and fax window and delete your printer. Add it again but make sure the bottom right of the window says Epson in the name of the driver. It sometimes takes a few tries but you will know when you have the correct "Epson" driver loaded. You probably have already downloaded the correct driver which is at: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=54861&prodoid=53540920&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh

It will be version 6.5.7 for your machine. Post if you get the correct driver loaded, otherwise I can walk you through the steps to totally remove the Epson folder and to start from scratch.

I will try all this operations .Going away for weekend .That is my first forum appearance and i am blown away how fast and how professional replies are .
dp rocks thanks to all photo community .
Once again Big thanks
dariusz

p.s. I will let you know if this is a solution in incoming week .

Sounds good. Enjoy the weekend.

Back in action .It works .One more Q. I am assuming in the drop down menu NO COLOUR ADJUSTMENT means turning printer colour management off .is that the case .? Thanks again
dariusz

Yes, you are correct in your thinking.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads