Gabor (panopeeper)?

Started Aug 10, 2010 | Discussions
zappa1976 Regular Member • Posts: 495
Gabor (panopeeper)?

Someone know "where" (which forum) is He?

He has a great knowledge on the digital cameras in both engineering and photography aspects.

Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 18,347
Re: Gabor (panopeeper)?

That would be GaborSch. It looks like he hasn't posted in a while. I also notice panopeeper.com doesn't work anymore. Also rawnalyze is no longer available.

http://www.dpreview.com/members/505319714

I wonder if something happened to him. His domains seem to have expired a couple months ago.
--

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +12 more
J A K Forum Pro • Posts: 15,833

Victor Engel wrote:

That would be GaborSch. It looks like he hasn't posted in a while. I also notice panopeeper.com doesn't work anymore. Also rawnalyze is no longer available.

I wonder if something happened to him. His domains seem to have expired a couple months ago.
--

Hi Victor, how is everything going?

Well, I didn't know Panopeeper and RawAnalyze were shut down. Now I'm really worried ... I sent an e-mail to Gabor about a week ago and didn't hear back from him (very uncharacteristic). I hope everything is okay with Gabor; hopefully he is out somewhere on a photography trip and unable to get internet service.

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/jkurkjia

-- hide signature --

SEARCHING FOR A BETTER SELF PORTRAIT

J A K wrote:

Just peachy.

Well, I didn't know Panopeeper and RawAnalyze were shut down. Now I'm really worried ... I sent an e-mail to Gabor about a week ago and didn't hear back from him (very uncharacteristic). I hope everything is okay with Gabor; hopefully he is out somewhere on a photography trip and unable to get internet service.

Same here. I've just sent emails to him via two email addresses I happen to have for him. I'll post an update if I hear back. I also did a cursory search using his full name but didn't find anything significant. I'm not going to post his full name here, since apparently, he doesn't wish it to be on the web. At least I don't recall seeing it anywhere besides personal email.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +12 more

Victor Engel wrote:

J A K wrote:

Just peachy.

Good, glad to hear that!

I'm not going to post his full name here, since apparently, he doesn't wish it to be on the web. At least I don't recall seeing it anywhere besides personal email.

Yes, agree on all counts, that's the best approach to handling Gabor's last name. BTW, I'll get in touch with you if I hear back from Gabor.

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

-- hide signature --

Andre Affleck Senior Member • Posts: 2,362
Bad news...

I called his residence and his daughter said he passed away a few months back. I didn't ask any details but she said it was sudden. Very sad.

He was a great and well respected man with a wealth of information. I would consider him one of the leading authorities in the field of digital capture. He will be deeply missed.

Re: Bad news...

Thanks for the update. I agree. He will be missed.
--

Andre Affleck wrote:

I called his residence and his daughter said he passed away a few months back. I didn't ask any details but she said it was sudden. Very sad.

He was a great and well respected man with a wealth of information. I would consider him one of the leading authorities in the field of digital capture. He will be deeply missed.

Sad news indeed. Gabor was a really nice guy and will be missed.

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

-- hide signature --

K e n n e t h Senior Member • Posts: 1,065

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm sad for this loss.

I have learned a lot from reading his posts.

liquidstone
liquidstone Forum Pro • Posts: 10,090
RIP, Gabor

I had quite a few email discussion with Gabor in the past regarding sensor performance of then new cameras. I learned a lot from him.

-- hide signature --

Romy

PHILIPPINE WILD BIRDS (Over 260 species captured in habitat, and counting.)
Photo Gallery - http://www.pbase.com/liquidstone
HD Bird Videos - http://exposureroom.com/members/RomyOcon.aspx/videos/

liquidstone's gear list:liquidstone's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D +8 more
OP zappa1976 Regular Member • Posts: 495

Oh no...

Your message made me take a strong blow to the heart.

I am very sad.

I met Gabor about a year ago when I asked some advises, details and technical informations on digital cameras.

He always helped me in a very kind way, and in my case that I don't know English well, correcting all my mistakes with a lot of explanation.

He was the best for me because despite being one of the most experienced, has always had the humility to respond and help everyone.

While not having met him in person, as everyone here in the forum, this sad news has affected me greatly because it was a reference and a friend.

Gabor thanks for everything you have given us all

I longed to see you and meet you.

With love
Saverio

bronxbombers Forum Pro • Posts: 18,226

Andre Affleck wrote:

oh boy
very sad to hear that

Olga Johnson Forum Pro • Posts: 23,972

What a shame. May he rest in peace. I learned a lot reading his messages. He will be missed.
--
Olga

Daniel Browning Senior Member • Posts: 1,058
Gabor will be missed.

Andre Affleck wrote:

I called his residence and his daughter said he passed away a few months back.

Gabor was tremendously bright and talented. He spent a lot of time just to share his wealth of knowledge with others. I learned a lot from him and will miss him.
--
Daniel

I will be sending a letter to the family, probably this weekend. If anyone would like to send something along, click on my profile and send my a private message. I'll assemble when I get and pass your notes along.
--

ltrainer Contributing Member • Posts: 894

He will be missed. Always full of information and willing to share it and to help others....a very good person.
--
LT

flyingmonkey Senior Member • Posts: 1,180

Very sad to hear that. I agree he was one of the more knowledgeable voices around here, and somebody whose opinions I really valued.

hekster1 Regular Member • Posts: 290

Maybe someone should start some kind of a tribute sight or page in his honor. Seamed like a great all around guy. We need more people like him. Just a suggestion....

pandalee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,075

I just read below posts and I am really sad about his death and realize how big a loss it would be for us.

Any way, he was a great knowledge of digital photography and one of many reasons why I came here and got my Cnaon body.

And I used his RAWANALAYZER quite a lot these days.

I miss him and Emil alot and I also wonder where GordonBGood is.

I dont see John either.

They are all great people that I respect alot.

And JAK , sorry for the last time, I was a bit confused you with other person in Nikon forum, hope I was not too rude or anything.

Anyway , I really wish one of these noise analyzers to come back here and comment on upcoming 5D3 or 1DS4 or 60D if the 5D3 any betterthan my current 5D2 , I just go only 5D 3 and NEX5 setting.

have a good one and take care.

J A K wrote:

Victor Engel wrote:

--

Regards,

Joe Kurkjian

-- hide signature --

pandalee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,075

serious ? so bad.

Andre Affleck wrote:

Sure he was and he will be deeply missed.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads