Which Lens Filters will fit?

Started Aug 8, 2010 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
gspam1 Regular Member • Posts: 168
Which Lens Filters will fit?

Will the Sony 49MM Lens filters fit the NEX lenses or do I need to wait for something NEX specific? Will any other brands fit if the Sony ones don't? Thanks!

Mark K
Mark K Veteran Member • Posts: 5,297
Re: Which Lens Filters will fit?

Most will do. I currently bought a batch of Marumi DHG filters at around 25D
--
Mark K

Mark K's gear list:Mark K's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D800 Canon EOS 5D Mark III NEX5R +65 more
Torch Senior Member • Posts: 1,979

gspam1 wrote:

Will the Sony 49MM Lens filters fit the NEX lenses or do I need to wait for something NEX specific? > > Will any other brands fit if the Sony ones don't? Thanks!

Very funny. Sony filters not fit ? Where does that come from?

Kenco Pro1 UV 49 mm is good for the 18-55. Made in Japan. It's painted flat black, has notched grips, and a heavy curved inside groove for the lens cap grips.

I don't turn it too tight because I can't see how close the filter glass is to the lens glass.
--

Torch

KEITH-C Forum Pro • Posts: 14,131

What is the filter thread size for the 18-200mm ? One option is to get a larger filter & a step up ring from 49mm however the ssue of hoods also needs to be considered if you do that , some filters have front threads which will accept a rubber screw-on hood but others don't.
--
Keith-C

gspam1 OP Regular Member • Posts: 168

Torch wrote:

gspam1 wrote:

Will the Sony 49MM Lens filters fit the NEX lenses or do I need to wait for something NEX specific? > > Will any other brands fit if the Sony ones don't? Thanks!

Very funny. Sony filters not fit ? Where does that come from?

Torch

It comes from a lifetime of nothing ever being compatible and standards being meaningless Thanks for the recommendation!

gspam1

Knallberto Veteran Member • Posts: 5,478

My $-4.95-49mm-filter fits both kit lenses, even if you use sun shade.

Filter + remote ... each less than $ 5 (with shipping)

jenny_uy New Member • Posts: 1

Hi, Where did you buy the filter and remote from? I'm interested to purchase those as well. Thanks

Mark_McD Senior Member • Posts: 1,759

jenny, any 49mm filter will fit the nex, you can look up a list of them from amazon or bhphotovideo, just make sure they're listed for 49mm (filter-size) lenses.

-- hide signature --
 Mark_McD's gear list:Mark_McD's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
snappur Regular Member • Posts: 317

The Sony NEX 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 lens accepts standard 67mm threaded filters.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads