Remote Shutter and memory card for ex-fh100

Started Aug 2, 2010 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
frescoli New Member • Posts: 7
Remote Shutter and memory card for ex-fh100

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and I am delighted to meet you.

I've been playing with my ex-FH100, and I have a question: does anyone know if the remote shutter works in this camera?

Another thing: the memory card I use is the Sandisk Extreme III, class 10 and 30MB/s, and works OLE! (Perfect)

Sorry for my English Goggle.

Greetings to all from Spain!

Pixelfee Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: Remote Shutter and memory card for ex-fh100

Which remote shutter?

frescoli OP New Member • Posts: 7

Which uses the ex-f1, and also works in the fc-100.

danlorek New Member • Posts: 2

i just tried it out... the ex-f1 remote works on the fh100

mcmusic New Member • Posts: 8

danlorek wrote:

Hi danlorek,
thanks for this info.

Just for clarification, is it like this: you put the EX-F1 USB connector into the FH100, and then you can operate the shutter of the FH100 with the button on the other end of the EX-F1?

This would be a fantastic thing because: up to today I am using my old Casio QV-3000 camera (3 MP) with a self-written program on an also old Psion palmtop computer to make automatic remote interval photos. If I could do this with my new FH100 would be just gorgeous. Since the EX-F1 is basically a simple switch, all I would have to do is to build a switch that can be operated from the Psion's serial interface and connect it to a USB connector.

So please, could you (or someone else) confirm this info?

Thanks to all,
mcmusic

capt3450 Regular Member • Posts: 188

This Casio talk's link below it may relates to some of your questions, also shows you how to make a cable for F1/FH100 time lapse remote via . I don't have FH100 nor Psion palmtop, but I make a similar cable and connect to the cheap ebay time-lapse remote (for Canon 60D and Xti cameras) for my EX-F1..it works great.
-capt3450

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1015&message=32053482&q=EXf1&qf=m

mcmusic wrote:

danlorek wrote:

Hi danlorek,
thanks for this info.

Just for clarification, is it like this: you put the EX-F1 USB connector into the FH100, and then you can operate the shutter of the FH100 with the button on the other end of the EX-F1?

This would be a fantastic thing because: up to today I am using my old Casio QV-3000 camera (3 MP) with a self-written program on an also old Psion palmtop computer to make automatic remote interval photos. If I could do this with my new FH100 would be just gorgeous. Since the EX-F1 is basically a simple switch, all I would have to do is to build a switch that can be operated from the Psion's serial interface and connect it to a USB connector.

So please, could you (or someone else) confirm this info?

Thanks to all,
mcmusic

Hi capt3450,

thanks for your information. It confirms that it is easy to build a time lapse remote for the EX-F1.

However, I still have 4 questions:

1) Does the EX-F1 remote cable really work with the FH 100? I ask this in the light of Casio's description of the FH100 having NO possibility of remote control.

2) Is the USB plug for the FH100 a regular one or a proprietary one?

(If it is the latter, the only way to have the remote function would be ordering the remote cable for the EX-F1.)

For the ones interested: I checked the USB cable (camera side) that came with the FH100. It has only 4 golden metal contacts which are necessary for the USB connection. It has 8 more positions for contacts which are left open. Three of these are probably used for the contacts of the remote cable.

3) Does someone know which contacts of the USB connector are used for the remote shutter function?

4) Can the remaining 5 contact positions be used for some other interesting things?

Greetings from Germany,
mcmusic

Re: Remote Shutter cable for ex-fh100

In the meantime I can answer some of my own questions:

1) Yes, the EX-F1 remote cable does really work with the FH100. I could test it with a friend from another forum who owns the EX-F1 and the cable.

2) It must be a proprietary plug. I checked several places to find the plug as such or attached to a cable without success.

We did not have the time to check question 3.

So I will order the Casio EX-F1 remote cable.
--
Greetings,
mcmusic

epi2037 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Remote Shutter cable for ex-fh100

If you want to make a time lapse with the FH100 camera you can do it easily and with really good results.

Turn the HS mode on, set the interval to 5, continuos in normal (instead HS), ajust the parameters (iso, focal, megapixels..) and set the first shot in automatic, push the button, set the tripod and wait for result

Wacht the results (this is my first one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqi9cPL7s20&hd=1

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads