the 1st picture of nx100!

Started Jul 31, 2010 | Discussions
Joon Song New Member • Posts: 5
the 1st picture of nx100!
Alexramos
Alexramos Senior Member • Posts: 1,600
Re: the 1st picture of nx100!

The only one we can see is it look like a GF1, no-built in EVF with a hot shoe.

We hope see more images soon...

Thank.

jppentax Regular Member • Posts: 118

How do you know it doesn't have an EVF? I think the ideal built in evf of a compact evil would be just a relatively low res and small evf for use in bright sunlight situations.

This looks awesome!

If they only put in body IS...

Alexramos wrote:

The only one we can see is it look like a GF1, no-built in EVF with a hot shoe.

We hope see more images soon...

Thank.

Alexramos

You right would be nice an EVF on that camera.

Essenobi Regular Member • Posts: 116

Thanks for finding this picture! I looked around the website more and found a link to the woman holding the camera.

I hope she has very small hands because that would translate into a small camera for everyone

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php%3Fid%3Dsamsung_forum%26page%3D2%26divpage%3D27%26ss%3Don%26select_arrange%3Dheadnum%26desc%3Dasc%26no%3D145068&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgVila3ZNc_JDxik3GUierOfFYzEA

normsmith Veteran Member • Posts: 3,372

I don't think the 'form' is a surprise, each of of the Mirrorless producers need a NX10 type body and a GF1 type body in their line-up to cover the market.

Sony are rumoured to be looking at doing a NX10 / G2 type body next.

The camera in the photo looks relatively large to the ladies hand ....... I am taking that as a good sign, as I feel the Sony NEX 5 has gone too small from a functionallity point of view and the race to shrink might not be the best race to win.

Alexramos

Didn´t the photographer take picture closer to her hand?

Christopher Russell New Member • Posts: 22

It is still possible that there is an EVF built in to the L.H upper corner of the body in traditional range-finder style - at least the apparent length of the supposed NX100 doesn't rule it out.

Most likely it will have an EVF hot-shoe add on option like the rest, but it would be nice to see Samsung offer something different from the competition rather than a "me too" approach.

Essenobi Regular Member • Posts: 116

I think the photographer wasn't suppose to have a camera. It sounded like they noticed him/her taking the picture and so the photographer stopped

Alexramos

I made some measures:
Wide: 132mm
Height: 76mm

NX10:
Wide: 123mm
Height: 87mm

I think something could be hided back there

So was this a commercial shoot for the NX100 or something else and the girl just happened to have the NX100 with her??

.... and is the lens on this camera the 30mm f2.0 or the new 20mm (or 20-50mm??)

starwolfy Senior Member • Posts: 1,318

Why talking about the NX100?
I thought this camera was officialy called NX5!
Am I mistaking or?

starwolfy's gear list:starwolfy's gear list
Leica M8 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +7 more
lol101 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,855

jppentax wrote:

How do you know it doesn't have an EVF? I think the ideal built in evf of a compact evil would be just a relatively low res and small evf for use in bright sunlight situations.

This looks awesome!

If they only put in body IS...

Don't hold your breath for a buit-in EVF and forget about in body IS since Samsung have clearly chosen to put IS in their lenses.

This is a competitor to Sony's NEX and Oly EP lines so expect similar form factor & limitations.

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
lol101 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,855

starwolfy wrote:

Why talking about the NX100?
I thought this camera was officialy called NX5!
Am I mistaking or?

The NX5 is the NX10 little brother with lower rez EVF and simple TFT screen. It is supposed to be out already (?).

This one is the next one, supposed to be a competitor to Oly's EP and Sony's NEX cameras (so no built-in EVF and less buttons&controls).

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
starwolfy Senior Member • Posts: 1,318

I see, thank you for comment^^

I am wodnering if there is also any plan for samsung to make a more featured NX10?
With higher res EVF, etc?

starwolfy's gear list:starwolfy's gear list
Leica M8 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +7 more
peter42y Senior Member • Posts: 2,202

Pictures look nice. When it does come to viewfinders.., some hate viewfinders. That is my case. I have myopia . A few weeks ago - for the first time - I did try the viewfinder of the canon 550 EOS . I hated it. It looked I was looking through a tunnel. Besides the viewfinder had to be placed a inch or so from the optical glasses.

peter42y's gear list:peter42y's gear list
Ricoh Caplio R8 Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon EOS M Nikon 1 V1
Stelyn Contributing Member • Posts: 790

peter42y wrote:

Pictures look nice. When it does come to viewfinders.., some hate viewfinders. That is my case. I have myopia . A few weeks ago - for the first time - I did try the viewfinder of the canon 550 EOS . I hated it. It looked I was looking through a tunnel. Besides the viewfinder had to be placed a inch or so from the optical glasses.

I should imagine the AMOLED screen is a draw for you.

Stelyn's gear list:Stelyn's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD450 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
Stelyn Contributing Member • Posts: 790

I knew they'd put a girl in the ad it seems de rigueur for cameras at the mo, except the ep1 which had Kevin Spacey I spose that blows my theory of everything away.

I wonder if they'll do an advert with a fit girl being socially accepted in dead rough areas and stuff with her mega-new camera with an f2 pancake. I hope so, I'm starting to feel really geeky and left out. Come on Samsung make your early adopters proud.

Stelyn's gear list:Stelyn's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD450 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads