K-7...Inconsistency in the EL

Started Jul 29, 2010 | Discussions
Benoz
Benoz Veteran Member • Posts: 6,659
K-7...Inconsistency in the EL

With the release of firmware 1.10 we can see now the nice view of the Electronic Level on the LCD by pressing the Info button three times (nothing new here!).

In my case this feature highlights more the inconsistency of the EL and therefore I find it useless.
1) In the viewfinder the actual level is out by 3 dots to the left.

2) With the camera positioned on a level surface the top LCD shows the level out by 3 dots (same as in the viewfinder) but the new view on the main LCD shows the level out by 5 dots to the left.
Is anyone experiencing the same?
--
Ben.
C & C always welcome.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/benoz/

Benoz's gear list:Benoz's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +6 more
arnelie
arnelie Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: K-7...Inconsistency in the EL

Benoz,

I guess this can be due to different scaling. The important thing is that it shows perfect level (yes I know, your K-7 is offset, as is mine) simultaneously at all three level indicators. Once me and you have got our k-7s calibrated, we will enjoy this feature at its full.
Arne

Benoz wrote:

With the release of firmware 1.10 we can see now the nice view of the Electronic Level on the LCD by pressing the Info button three times (nothing new here!).

In my case this feature highlights more the inconsistency of the EL and therefore I find it useless.
1) In the viewfinder the actual level is out by 3 dots to the left.

2) With the camera positioned on a level surface the top LCD shows the level out by 3 dots (same as in the viewfinder) but the new view on the main LCD shows the level out by 5 dots to the left.
Is anyone experiencing the same?
--
Ben.
C & C always welcome.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/benoz/

arnelie's gear list:arnelie's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +10 more
J Le Floch New Member • Posts: 4
Re: K-7...Inconsistency in the EL

arnelie wrote:

Benoz,

I guess this can be due to different scaling. The important thing is that it shows perfect level (yes I know, your K-7 is offset, as is mine) simultaneously at all three level indicators. Once me and you have got our k-7s calibrated, we will enjoy this feature at its full.

and mine... and until then, I know that + - +3 to the right means perfectly level FOR ME !*

• until my K-7 goes to the shop (for calibration, metering, dry-cleaning, what-have-you)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads