S90 Lens Cleaning

Started Jul 10, 2010 | Discussions
Regan Cheng New Member • Posts: 3
S90 Lens Cleaning

Hi. Lately went on a hike in Yosemite and there was quite a bit of mist from the waterfalls. Anyways, my lens got a little wet and now has some spots. What is the best way to clean this streak free without damaging the lens?

Thanks,

Jack West Senior Member • Posts: 1,144
Re: S90 Lens Cleaning

i'm not sure what everyone else is doing but heres what i do: i first always use a rocket blower to get out the big rocks & dead birds.- then a drop of lens cleaning fluid on a lens tissue or micro fiber cloth and wipe in small circles fairly softly & quickly as you don't want the lens to retract while your doing this. on my dslr there's a way to lock the camera for cleaning but i don't know of this feature in a p&s camera. a lighted magnifying glass is very handy too.

CeeDave
CeeDave Contributing Member • Posts: 726

You can just turn it on and then remove the battery.

Jack West wrote:

you don't want the lens to retract while your doing this. on my dslr there's a way to lock the camera for cleaning but i don't know of this feature in a p&s camera. a lighted magnifying glass is very handy too.

-- hide signature --

Chris in Red Stick

Esmail New Member • Posts: 24

Hi all,

I'd like to revive this short threat about the best way to clean the lens of the S90.

I have a small, what appears to be, waterspot that won't go away with the "air poofer" or the use of a lens pen (from my astronomy days).

What is the recommended way to deal with this?

Thanks,
Esmail

ps: of course another issue is how to make sure the lens does not retract while you are trying to clean it - but as suggested removing the battery might do the trick.

Jack West Senior Member • Posts: 1,144

the battery removal trick works great i found out. for a stubborn water spot i would go to the local camera store and get some lens cleaning fluid - then use only lens tissue or micro cloth to gently rub in small circles. this is all after using the air blaster of coarse.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads