S1800 and "Smile detection"

Started Jun 24, 2010 | Discussions
CesarAKG
CesarAKG New Member • Posts: 18
S1800 and "Smile detection"

Hi

I'm enjoying my Finepix S1800, and found a "bug" in the "Smile detection" scenery. It's really fun, all you have to do is select "SP" and in the Photo menu, select the scenery "Smile". Point the camera to a person and if she/he smiles, you will have the photographic proof of that. No need to push any button, the camera will work by itself focusing and shooting.

I took a dozen photos using smile detection with my kids, but it doesn't works with my smiles, only with the kid's smile. I have a theory to explain this, but I wanna hear yours first.

Anyone that has a S1800 or another camera with smile detection, has the same problem?

Thanks, and sorry for the "engrish"...

-- hide signature --

Do I need a signature?

CesarAKG's gear list:CesarAKG's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40 Fujifilm FinePix S1800 Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +2 more
dotbalm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,222
Mustache?

If that's a pic of you, is it possible your mustache (assuming you still have one) obscures your upper lip? I'm totally guessing here.

Yiannakis Regular Member • Posts: 170
Re: Mustache?

Mustache or no teeth?

dotbalm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,222

Yiannakis wrote:

Mustache or no teeth?

LOL, I did not expect that. Good one!

AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 62,252
Re: S1800 and "Smile detection"

reminds me of the cam (was it a Sony) which had an option to only take the pic when a pet entered the scene - the issue was that it didn't work on Dogs (all sizes) or cats for some reason but if you had a Vietnamese Pot bellied Pig you were in luck ......

-- hide signature --

Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon D7100 Nikon D850 +1 more
CesarAKG
OP CesarAKG New Member • Posts: 18

That's my theory too. Mustache. Big.

-- hide signature --

Do I need a signature?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40 Fujifilm FinePix S1800 Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +2 more
Sactojim Veteran Member • Posts: 9,074
Re: S1800 and "Smile detection"

Damn it Adam..just had some Starbucks Yukon roast through the nose after that line...lol.

AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 62,252
Smile detection --->

Damn it Adam..just had some Starbucks Yukon roast through the nose after that line...lol.

LOL !!!!!!!!! - should have had your Sony switched to "hilarious coffee accident detection mode".........

Smile detection is pretty useless anyway, half the time the only way you'll get it to trigger is to do Jack Nicholson impersonations (Joker in Batman Or "Heeeeeres Johnny" in the Shining - take your pick)

-- hide signature --

Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon D7100 Nikon D850 +1 more
CesarAKG
OP CesarAKG New Member • Posts: 18
Re: Smile detection --->

Naah, you allways can have some fun with the detection (or not) of smiles...

Thanks, it was fun
--
Do I need a signature?

Mister T Regular Member • Posts: 205
Thanks

Thanks for the laughs ...

Daughter's boyfriend has a similar fuji bridge with smile detection - I'll get them to test it. They'll probably get arrested for 'harassing hairy people in the street'! I feel a 'Not the nine o'clock news' sketch coming on... (that's a UK pun...)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads