Fujifilm first shot of month June

Started May 31, 2010 | Discussions
skimble
skimble Veteran Member • Posts: 6,178
Fujifilm first shot of month June

How about everyone starts putting their first shot up here regardless how good he things it is? it does not need to be straight up day by day ppl will take a photo and I mean all Fujifilm P/S users (ok if we have some other brands P/S is ok 2). You may triped over on your first shot or the bird left u with its tail while flying off anything goes does not matter if its funny its good.

 skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Silent Oracle
Silent Oracle Senior Member • Posts: 2,913
Re: Fujifilm first shot of month June

Great thread, Skimble! I'll post my first June shot here tomorrow.
--
Silent Oracle

Shaun Gibbs Regular Member • Posts: 406
Re: Fujifilm first shot of month June

I'm too scared to take first photo now.
--
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/6746215755/photos

 Shaun Gibbs's gear list:Shaun Gibbs's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +3 more
Silent Oracle
Silent Oracle Senior Member • Posts: 2,913
LOL Shaun!!

That was funny.

Right now, I'm approaching high noon where I reside.....so only a dozen more hours and I'll give my first June shot a try......you know, 'Give it the old Skimble'.

I'm thinking a moon shot would be nice, but I'm unsure of the current moon stage, or the time it will rise over my area. I also have June bugs that have decided they love my yellow bug light on the back porch. Maybe one of those would be cool to take, and it would match Skimble's theme perfectly.

I also have some really beautiful moths that show up on the back porch....yes, right next to the bug light. I assumed the yellow light would keep bugs and insects away; but on my back porch, they are drawn into the tempting chasm.
--
Silent Oracle

2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
First pics of June attached

1st bad picture of June » I need to practice my bird tracking skills

Not so bad later shot »

-- hide signature --

Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
skimble
OP skimble Veteran Member • Posts: 6,178
Re: LOL Shaun!!

Hehe I did some shots last nightof the moon lucky it was not june yet lol the most turned out cr s I tried many diffrent things grin

Silent Oracle wrote:

That was funny.

Right now, I'm approaching high noon where I reside.....so only a dozen more hours and I'll give my first June shot a try......you know, 'Give it the old Skimble'.

I'm thinking a moon shot would be nice, but I'm unsure of the current moon stage, or the time it will rise over my area. I also have June bugs that have decided they love my yellow bug light on the back porch. Maybe one of those would be cool to take, and it would match Skimble's theme perfectly.

I also have some really beautiful moths that show up on the back porch....yes, right next to the bug light. I assumed the yellow light would keep bugs and insects away; but on my back porch, they are drawn into the tempting chasm.
--
Silent Oracle

 skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
skimble
OP skimble Veteran Member • Posts: 6,178
Re: First pics of June attached

oops this focus is just crap on the HS10 second shot you got dammn lucky that we can recognise the eagels

2raj wrote:

1st bad picture of June » I need to practice my bird tracking skills

Not so bad later shot »

 skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Lilianna
Lilianna Senior Member • Posts: 1,661
Re: Fujifilm first shot of month June

I just shot and processed this;

S6000fd with Raynox DCR-1540Pro, 1/124 sec, F7.1, ISO 100
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/colette_noir/

2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Re: First pics of June attached

skimble wrote:

oops this focus is just crap on the HS10 second shot you got dammn lucky that we can recognise the eagels

Yep! crappy focus on the HS10. I think I'll sell it right away
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Lilianna

Nice! Much better than my 1st picture of the month
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
Lilianna
Lilianna Senior Member • Posts: 1,661
Re: First pics of June attached

2raj wrote:

Not so bad later shot »

Well done Raj. Sharp and well exposed, I like how they are looking back at you!

-- hide signature --

Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

skimble
OP skimble Veteran Member • Posts: 6,178
Re: Fujifilm first shot of month June

nice shot much better than my last moon shot which was still in may so it does not count but I miss a bit 2 on my moon lol

its not my june shot ok

Lilianna wrote:

I just shot and processed this;

S6000fd with Raynox DCR-1540Pro, 1/124 sec, F7.1, ISO 100
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/colette_noir/

 skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
Photorealm Contributing Member • Posts: 942
First rather than Best :)

skimble wrote:

How about everyone starts putting their first shot up here regardless how good he things it is? it does not need to be straight up day by day ppl will take a photo and I mean all Fujifilm P/S users (ok if we have some other brands P/S is ok 2). You may triped over on your first shot or the bird left u with its tail while flying off anything goes does not matter if its funny its good.

First shot of the month, this guy is not related to any of the others I've posted and is in another area entirely. Handheld at over 700 feet, at 100% but cropped. Since this isn't any contest lol there was no PP or anything, straight OOC.

Silent Oracle
Silent Oracle Senior Member • Posts: 2,913
Nice shots everyone!

Well, well, well....this was the first little bugger to meet up with me and my camera on June 1st. Not very attractive, but what can I say....

Basicially OOC other than resize + a quick sharpening. He's just....one of 'those' images.

-- hide signature --

Silent Oracle

Silent Oracle
Silent Oracle Senior Member • Posts: 2,913
Re: First rather than Best :)

Just have to say that I really love this shot. It has a painterly effect - like something right off the pages of a wildlife magazine.
--
Silent Oracle

Photorealm Contributing Member • Posts: 942
Re: First pics of June attached

2raj wrote:

1st bad picture of June » I need to practice my bird tracking skills

Those buggers are sure not easy to get in mid-flight are they! Nice thing about digital, the shots are cheap I rather like this idea of "first of the month"

2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Re: First rather than Best :)

Silent Oracle wrote:

Just have to say that I really love this shot. It has a painterly effect - like something right off the pages of a wildlife magazine.
--
Silent Oracle

Does look like a painting from a different century Nice shot.
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Re: Nice shots everyone!

Something menacing about them when you see the buggers up close. Nice shot; great detail.
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Lilianna

Lilianna wrote:
Well done Raj. Sharp and well exposed, I like how they are looking back at you!

Thanks. Lucky to catch them in that pose
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172
Photorealm

Photorealm wrote:

2raj wrote:

1st bad picture of June » I need to practice my bird tracking skills

Those buggers are sure not easy to get in mid-flight are they! Nice thing about digital, the shots are cheap I rather like this idea of "first of the month"

Yeah! I still haven't mastered the technique of capturing birds in mid-flight (with any camera)
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently shooting Fujifilm Finepix HS10

 2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads