First proper day out with the HS10

Started Apr 28, 2010 | Discussions
Gary N W Forum Pro • Posts: 10,857
Re: Hi davestravelgear

I think you did a very fine job with this series and your new camera. Great job and I will look forward to viewing many more of your images. For me these are a joy to view.

Kind regards and enjoy your new camera,

Gary N W SFO

skimble
skimble Veteran Member • Posts: 6,178
Re: A few more!

Thanks mate I will most likely use it in the P mode most times 2

davestravelgear wrote:

skimble wrote:

very nice job you did on ur first day out, Just one question when you took tis photos what mode did you have the camera in

P mode, which is how I shoot most of my pictures, plus a polorising filter!
Settings al la Lloydy!,

skimble's gear list:skimble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 70D
OP davestravelgear Contributing Member • Posts: 513
Re: Continuous shots with and without flash!

lakensea wrote:

The "Silent Mode" should be named something like "Do not disturb mode" as it turns sound and flash off in one easy setting. If you want just silent mode, go to "Operation Volume" and "Shutter Volume" and turn them to "off".

Already done that, but still find it strange that it should turn the flash off, and being "silent", you have no way of knowing whether it is on or off until you try and use it, or push the flash mode ring button, sods law states it's in silent mode when your in a rush to take a flash photo, and miss the shot because you have to hold down the back button for 3 seconds!

Another quirk with the HS10, and not a deal breaker for me, just find it a bit odd!!

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
skimble

Yeap it is weired mate but as you said not a deal breaker we all have to think twice when we do cunstructive critisism it does not mean we are unhapy with the new toy. It is an opertunity to improve things for Fuji. We also have to consder we are not yet in the profesional field nor in semi DSLR land.

If you wish have a look at my P&S photos no big deal quality but still nice shots.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9278664665/photos

davestravelgear wrote:

lakensea wrote:

The "Silent Mode" should be named something like "Do not disturb mode" as it turns sound and flash off in one easy setting. If you want just silent mode, go to "Operation Volume" and "Shutter Volume" and turn them to "off".

Already done that, but still find it strange that it should turn the flash off, and being "silent", you have no way of knowing whether it is on or off until you try and use it, or push the flash mode ring button, sods law states it's in silent mode when your in a rush to take a flash photo, and miss the shot because you have to hold down the back button for 3 seconds!

Another quirk with the HS10, and not a deal breaker for me, just find it a bit odd!!

OP davestravelgear Contributing Member • Posts: 513
Re: Hi davestravelgear

Gary N W wrote:

I think you did a very fine job with this series and your new camera. Great job and I will look forward to viewing many more of your images. For me these are a joy to view.

Kind regards and enjoy your new camera,

Gary N W SFO

Many thanks Gary, thats greatly appreciated, especially with the company we keep here!

I have learnt many new things and made many new friends on the Fuji forums, thanks mostly to the HS10 and wanting to know more about it, now i actually have one, it's great to be able to put all that knowledge into practise!

I'm far from being a Pro, more a keen amateur, and nature (as you can see), takes up at least 50% of my subjects, hence the interest in that long lens!

I hope to be doing more during the following weeks, and posting them here of course, thanks again, Dave

davestravelgear's gear list:davestravelgear's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
2raj Senior Member • Posts: 2,172

davestravelgear wrote:

Not from my day out, but an interesting test of the flash/no flash mode, where it takes two quick photos, one with and one without flash!............quite surprised how far the flash reached, a room full of people at a recent Green Roof workshop that I help with, side lit from the sun shining through the windows, the flash really helped to fill in the faces!

Taken at the widest angle, some distortion is visible around the edges, and does anyone else think it's a bit strange that the flash does not work in "silent mode"?

Yeah! the only way to use the flash and turn-off the sounds is to do it manually via the menus. Wish they would fix that in a future update.
--
Just a Pixelpusher

2raj's gear list:2raj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Olympus PEN E-PM2
WIZZARD0003 Senior Member • Posts: 1,686
Re: Frog HD video

Love the frog video...!
--
W_

Size Matters...!

MrClick Contributing Member • Posts: 946

@ skimble: I really enjoyed looking at your gallery! That was some holiday!! Wow!!

Click

skimble

Thanks mate appreciated your feedback now with the new camera i just can’t wait to go on my next trip in June lol I’m doing some volunteer work in the field of wild life rescue (mostly money raising). When I plan my holidays I visit this rescue centres around the world and do some hands on work where they let me lol but it also reconfirms what good things is done with the money ppl give.

MrClick wrote:

@ skimble: I really enjoyed looking at your gallery! That was some holiday!! Wow!!

Click

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads