New EP1 & EP2 ACR & Lightroom Profiles Available

Started Apr 28, 2010 | Discussions
FujiColy Contributing Member • Posts: 538
New EP1 & EP2 ACR & Lightroom Profiles Available

I am pleased to announce that my Huelight ACR 5.7 & Lightroom 2 & 3 camera profiles are now available for the Olympus E-P1 & E-P2.

These give a subtle but important improvement over Adobe’s standard profiles, for example weak oranges and purples have been corrected to name a few.

The profiles come in 3 variations:-

Huelight V1_lw

This profile has a low contrast curve ideal for opening up the shadows and great for portrait photography, it also works well on high iso images.

Huelight V1_st

A standard tone curve is used in this profile, it is ideal for general photography and works well for product photography were colour accuracy is needed.

Huelight V1_hi

This profile has a high contrast curve and added saturation, it is ideal for landscape photography.

To obtain the profiles please drop me an email to: huelight@gmail.com

Examples to follow, I look forward to the feedback.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Huelight ICC & DNG Profiles

OP FujiColy Contributing Member • Posts: 538
Exmaple One...

This example shows an Olympus E-P1 image with the 'Olympus E-P1 Huelight V1_hi' high saturation camera profile vs the Adobe Standard.

Note the dark blue dress and improved tone curve on the Huelight profile.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Stephen 06 Senior Member • Posts: 1,569
Will it work for the EPL1? (nt)
-- hide signature --

Stephen

Re: Will it work for the EPL1? (nt)

No, for example the EP1 & EP2 have the same sensor but Adobe build the profiles in a different way for each camera.

This mean a profile must be made for a specific camera model.

I will have an EPL1 soon, so look out for a new profile for this camera soon.

-- hide signature --

Colin

compositor20 Senior Member • Posts: 1,658

i have sent you a mail

which of those profiles is in the photo?

i like warmer skin tones but isnt that one in the huelight a little red in her arms?

it will make skins healthyer right

do you have the imaging resource test profile sample that is a better away so that we can see the gener profile

thank you

You are correct, I used my hi saturation profile in this example to show the blue dress in a more dramatic fashion.

I would use my std (Standard saturation) profile for normal model work...

compositor20 wrote:

i have sent you a mail

which of those profiles is in the photo?

i like warmer skin tones but isnt that one in the huelight a little red in her arms?

it will make skins healthyer right

do you have the imaging resource test profile sample that is a better away so that we can see the gener profile

thank you

-- hide signature --

Colin

djbrom
djbrom Senior Member • Posts: 1,324
Re: New EP1 & EP2 ACR & Lightroom Profiles Available

FujiColy wrote:

Gday Colin, I would really like to try these. Have sent an email. Thanks

Dave

djbrom's gear list:djbrom's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +11 more
rssarma
rssarma Veteran Member • Posts: 6,405
Email sent...

...but haven't heard back, I'd love to use these profiles.
--
Raj Sarma
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rssarma
--
Follow me on Twitter: rssarma

Olympus enthusiasts from NYC Metro, join UKPSG:
http://snipurl.com/crc3n

rssarma's gear list:rssarma's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +5 more
siminona Senior Member • Posts: 1,221
I'm interested too!

Thanks so much for having these available for us, Colin! But I'm a newbie and don't know very much about using ACR camera profiles. I do have Adobe CS4, but I've never tried messing with the camera profiles. Can you tell us more about how it works? How do we use it?

Thanks again.

FujiColy wrote:

I am pleased to announce that my Huelight ACR 5.7 & Lightroom 2 & 3 camera profiles are now available for the Olympus E-P1 & E-P2.

These give a subtle but important improvement over Adobe’s standard profiles, for example weak oranges and purples have been corrected to name a few.

Huelight V1_lw

This profile has a low contrast curve ideal for opening up the shadows and great for portrait photography, it also works well on high iso images.

Huelight V1_st

A standard tone curve is used in this profile, it is ideal for general photography and works well for product photography were colour accuracy is needed.

Huelight V1_hi

This profile has a high contrast curve and added saturation, it is ideal for landscape photography.

Ravncat Senior Member • Posts: 1,109

Hey , I've got an EP-1 , I missed this, would you mind emailing them to me? thanks! ravncat@gmail.com
--
A poor photographer blames his tools.

this profile is very accurate specially if you untwisted it with dcptool

Thanks, I am looking into dcptool as we speak :-')

compositor20 wrote:

this profile is very accurate specially if you untwisted it with dcptool

the reds with the untwisted profile ar simply amazing a little better than olympus colour but very close

however there must be a very slightly hue or luminosity difference in the oranges (they should be darker or more saturated i really dont know) because browns are affected because peoples blonde hair turn more into gree/yellow rather than yellow yello or yellow orange )olympus doesnt make them perfect too and the adobe profile has a problem with reds

other colours are irrelevent since they are so good

dcptool made the profile good in tungste white balance it is usuable only brown thigs get a little turn to green so there is a green cast and it isnt white balance

skintones are a little dessaturated but probably they are real (my girlfried said your untwisted profiles get the colours of skin as they are even though olympus jpgs where prettyer but too magenta)

purples/violets and magentas (specially violets and pinks) are a little oversaturated in flowers with the twisted profile but that is acceptable

other hues are fantastic (greens and blu skys are very accurate as are geeral colours)

this profile is fantastic just use contrast at 25 so taht the colours dont get darker

your tone curve is superb!period.

Many thanks for the kind comments and suggestions!

Colin

compositor20 wrote:

the reds with the untwisted profile ar simply amazing a little better than olympus colour but very close

however there must be a very slightly hue or luminosity difference in the oranges (they should be darker or more saturated i really dont know) because browns are affected because peoples blonde hair turn more into gree/yellow rather than yellow yello or yellow orange )olympus doesnt make them perfect too and the adobe profile has a problem with reds

other colours are irrelevent since they are so good

dcptool made the profile good in tungste white balance it is usuable only brown thigs get a little turn to green so there is a green cast and it isnt white balance

skintones are a little dessaturated but probably they are real (my girlfried said your untwisted profiles get the colours of skin as they are even though olympus jpgs where prettyer but too magenta)

purples/violets and magentas (specially violets and pinks) are a little oversaturated in flowers with the twisted profile but that is acceptable

other hues are fantastic (greens and blu skys are very accurate as are geeral colours)

this profile is fantastic just use contrast at 25 so taht the colours dont get darker

your tone curve is superb!period.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Tim in upstate NY
Tim in upstate NY Veteran Member • Posts: 7,120

FujiColy wrote:

Huelight V1_lw

Huelight V1_st

Huelight V1_hi

. . . email sent

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more

Just a quick note to confirm that my profiles (v1) are compatible with all versions on ACR & Lightroom up to and including ACR 6.4.1 and Lightroom 3.4.1.

The profiles are still available; please mail me at huelight@gmail.com for more details.

Colin

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads