****Mini-Challenge #260 It Comes In Threes****

Started Apr 22, 2010 | Discussions
ColleenT
ColleenT Veteran Member • Posts: 3,204
****Mini-Challenge #260 It Comes In Threes****

Mini Challenge #260 – It Comes In Threes

My topic is for pictures showing groups of three. The three objects must be the main subject, and must be very similar or identical objects..human, animal, or other. There is no limit to your imagination..be creative!!

You may use post processing to enhance your pictures, and can share the treatment you applied. If you're familiar with extracting exif-data, let us know camera model, shutter-speeds, f-stops and ISO-numbers: others may be able learn from that!

HAVE FUN WITH IT

The contest begins now, and will end Wednesday, April 28th 2010, at 1800 MDT/GMT-6(6p.m.)

THE RULES

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You may enter up to three competition images. The host chooses the winner after the challenge closes (usually after one week). The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person.

If you submit a photo, please check in when the winners are posted. The first place winner is expected to host the next challenge. If the first place person cannot host, it moves to the 2nd place, etc.

Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera. Post processing is allowed.

Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post if you are submitting an entry and change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture titles. This way, when someone comments (i.e. replies), it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: Mini Challenge 260"... it would be very boring to scan the list.

Try to put your entries within a 'single' post. Please give a title to each photo - this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Feel free to comment on other contestants' images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put an asterisk * next to the title of the image.

POSTING GUIDELINES

Please embed your image in the thread. Also please re-size your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (approx. 800 pixels on the longest side works best.)

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.
List of previous CTF Mini Challenge topics and winners thanks to blademeister
http://homepages.peakpeak.com/~blade/minichallenge.html

Main rule and general guideline: Have fun!!

If you encounter any problem with the "mini", please let me know.

ColleenT
OP ColleenT Veteran Member • Posts: 3,204
Examples

Umbrellas

Bleeding Hearts

Rush Hour at the Zoo

Colleen

vincent filomena
vincent filomena Veteran Member • Posts: 5,106
Re: Examples

I forgot to click and couldn't find the third lizard !

How embarassing: I kept looken !

Vjim

vincent filomena's gear list:vincent filomena's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +1 more
Bob Blount Veteran Member • Posts: 7,454
Bob’s #1

Three Canada Geese at Dawn

-- hide signature --

Bob

'I can look at a fine art photograph and sometimes I can hear music.' - Ansel Adams

Bob Blount's gear list:Bob Blount's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D
ColleenT
Vjim..

vincent filomena wrote:

I forgot to click and couldn't find the third lizard !

The third lizard is the one telling the other two to keep movin' up there!!

How embarassing: I kept looken !

Don't be embarassed..I'm glad you kept looking! Join in on the fun and post some pics, Vjim

Colleen

ColleenT
Re: Bob’s #1

A wonderful picture to launch the mini, Bob. Nicely composed..beautiful lighting..great capture!

Colleen

Bob Blount Veteran Member • Posts: 7,454
Bob’s #2

Three large Great Blue Heron chicks in a nest far too small. They seem to be voting on which one leaves first. They flew/fell out of the nest about ten days later.

-- hide signature --

Bob

'I can look at a fine art photograph and sometimes I can hear music.' - Ansel Adams

Bob Blount's gear list:Bob Blount's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D
ColleenT
Re: Bob’s #2

LOL..I like your take on this great picture..sort of like "Nest Survivor"..who'll get voted out I hope they survived their flight/fall okay!

Colleen

Ken G.
Ken G. Veteran Member • Posts: 6,071
3 (Three) from Ken G.

Hi Colleen, this should be fun.

Swans (Brugges, Belgium):

Chagalls (Reims Cathedral, France):

Heads (Como, Italy):

-- hide signature --

Camera gear in profile.

Ken G.
http://www.pbase.com/kgilbertsen/

Ken G.'s gear list:Ken G.'s gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +4 more
mshafik
mshafik Contributing Member • Posts: 840
Re: Bob’s #1

Amazing one Bob, now I'm apprehensive to join after seeing such a beautiful picture.

Unfortunately since I got my G11 a couple of months ago, I don't have an old picture archive to look through, and will have to shoot the challenge pictures this week.

mshafik's gear list:mshafik's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
A. Rand Senior Member • Posts: 1,302
My serial of "threes" *

Hey colleen,
Congrats on your winning the last challenge, Excelent winning photo !!!
Here are my 3:
1) Trio Indians in Berlin

2) "Shin"- the 20th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

3) 3 seperate reflections on same moment of the same group

best regards,
Ami
--
http://www.pbase.com/jurisam/root

Ben-Ami Regular Member • Posts: 465
Ben-Ami 3

Piki the referee

Finders Keepers

Double trio.

Just for fun
a few years later

Ben-Ami
--
Piki

Challenges might improve my photography, but they certainly do improve my file search.

Ben-Ami's gear list:Ben-Ami's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15
Don Gargano Contributing Member • Posts: 666
Don's 3

3 dew drops
Canon 40d with 180mm lens @ f/16, 1/10 sec

3 Round-lobed Hepatica
Canon 40d with 300mm f/4 lens @ f/8, 1/200 sec

3 Blacksmiths
Canon 40d with Canon 10-22mm @ f/4.5, 1/15 sec

C S A Regular Member • Posts: 430
Re: Don's 3

Nice images!

ColleenT
Re: 3 (Three) from Ken G.

Great set, Ken..lots of sets of threes in the first picture! The stained glass pic is gorgeous.

Colleen

ColleenT
Re: My serial of "threes" *

Thanks, Ami. What an interesting set you have! I have to say I'm surprised the first picture is in Berlin..looks more like from the Wild West! Great capture with the last pic.

Colleen

ColleenT
Re: Ben-Ami 3

The dogs look like they have fun together. Nicely done with the three boys in front of the picture of three..do they belong to you? They grew to be handsome men!

Colleen

ColleenT
Re: Don's 3

Great set, Don..the dewdrops pic is eyecatching. The blacksmiths aren't quite as pretty as the flowers

Colleen

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 14,097
My threes

Sandhill cranes

At the beach

Mist

ColleenT
Re: My threes

Nice set, Gail. I'd like to be on one of those chairs at that beach..it's raining here! The third pic is so peaceful..great capture!

Colleen

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads