Feather Detail with the HX5V

Started Apr 9, 2010 | Discussions
Jersey Girl Senior Member • Posts: 2,623
Feather Detail with the HX5V

These are just a couple of quick shots taken at the Philadelphia Zoo. I did a slight curves adjustment and a little light sharpening but I was pleased with the feather detail the camera captured.

-- hide signature --

Still loving my remaining 2 (count 'em, 2) 7D's while loving my 1 (count it, 1) A700 even more
Norma

pjl_71 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Feather Detail with the HX5V

great shots Jersey Girl. I'm constantly getting inspired by what people can do with their HX5s

chupame Regular Member • Posts: 453

the detail is amazing, thanks for sharing
--
http://hx5v.blogspot.com/

meaness Senior Member • Posts: 2,941

Nice detail.... I really like the composition on the second one.

OP Jersey Girl Senior Member • Posts: 2,623

Thanks for the comments. I'm impressed with what can be done with this camera. I'm usually toting a DSLR with the appropriate lenses but sometimes you just don't want/need that much weight and "fire power". The results right out of this camera are good and with a little pp I usually can get just what I want. This cam is replacing my beloved, but aging, Canon SD700IS. I agree with others who think that Canon is punchier out of the camera, but I prefer to spend 10 seconds pp to get just the punch I want.
--

Still loving my remaining 2 (count 'em, 2) 7D's while loving my 1 (count it, 1) A700 even more
Norma

busch
busch Forum Pro • Posts: 32,351

Very well done! Love the second one but both show excellent detail and color!

-- hide signature --

Busch

Take the scenic route! Life is too short to do otherwise.

http://www.pbase.com/busch

busch's gear list:busch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Sony RX10 III Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +12 more
Anchor72 Contributing Member • Posts: 995

Excellent photos, JerseyGirl-

I think as we all develop a learning curve with the HX5, we will continue to see better and better photo samples.

Sarah Joyce

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads