Match Made in Heaven: E-P1 + Nokton

Started Feb 19, 2010 | Discussions
bwb85 New Member • Posts: 22
Match Made in Heaven: E-P1 + Nokton

I am loving the combination of my EP-1 + Voigtlander Nokon 50mm 1.4. A couple of VM adapters and I have a stabilized 100mm lens! Perfect for portraits and candid street photography. I feel like no hardly noticed me walking around, very different experience from carrying around my D700 + 85 1.4.

Enjoy the show!

Robbie_EP1 Regular Member • Posts: 426
Re: Match Made in Heaven: E-P1 + Nokton

Great shots, they have a leica feel to me.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Robbie_e-p1/

Djordje Jevtovic
Djordje Jevtovic Senior Member • Posts: 2,377

Excellent shots. Wonderful combination.
--
Djordje Jevtovic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djordjej/

Djordje Jevtovic's gear list:Djordje Jevtovic's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM +2 more
pmaster Regular Member • Posts: 238

wow they are very nice, and definitely have a leica feel to them! I am surprised at how clear/crisp they are! Haven't managed anything like that yet from my Hexanon 1.4!

autograph Forum Member • Posts: 67

Nice images. Is there a Nokton 50mm 1.4?
50mm 1.5 or 40mm 1.4?

autograph's gear list:autograph's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +2 more
Rich Halferty
Rich Halferty Contributing Member • Posts: 729

Can you please eloborate on what a VM adapter is and how they help to stabilize?
--
Regards,
Rich

Rich Halferty's gear list:Rich Halferty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +2 more
kalamarios Regular Member • Posts: 350

autograph wrote:

Nice images. Is there a Nokton 50mm 1.4?
50mm 1.5 or 40mm 1.4?

that's exactly what I wanted to ask too.
50/1.5 or 40/1.4?

nboyer Veteran Member • Posts: 5,135
Re: Superb...

These are excellent. Sean Reid loves this lens. I have the Nokton 50/1.1 and love that lens on my E-P2 and M8.2. May I ask what you used to process these images? I'm using Lightroom. Cheers. -Norm

bwb85 wrote:

I am loving the combination of my EP-1 + Voigtlander Nokon 50mm 1.4. A couple of VM adapters and I have a stabilized 100mm lens! Perfect for portraits and candid street photography. I feel like no hardly noticed me walking around, very different experience from carrying around my D700 + 85 1.4.

Enjoy the show!

nboyer's gear list:nboyer's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Leica X (Typ 113) Fujifilm X100S Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus OM-D E-M5 +8 more
Ozmander Regular Member • Posts: 143

Terrific pictures. Could you post a picture of the EP-1 with the Nokton on it? You're lucky to have the IBIS!

Comapedrosa Regular Member • Posts: 157

Great shots! I'd also b VERY interested in your settings since i very much like your results...
RAW or jpeg (what camera settings?)
PP: what did you do to them, etc...

Thanks so much!
--
http://www.35f2.com

Reeser Forum Member • Posts: 53

What lens is this exactly? A google search for Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.4 didn't turn up anything. 40mm and 58mm yes. 50mm no. Can someone provide a link?
--
Blog: http://reerob.wordpress.com/

Reeser's gear list:Reeser's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Bejersey
Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 14,295

Yes indeed superb is the word well done. tack sharp
Rick
--
http://bejersey.smugmug.com/

Bejersey's gear list:Bejersey's gear list
Canon G1 X III Leica X (Typ 113)
ahuyevshi Contributing Member • Posts: 937
I'm guessing he meant 1.5

I picked up the 15mm earlier in the week.. Will be picking up the 50 1.5 an 35 1.4 early next week...

ahuyevshi's gear list:ahuyevshi's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
coyanis
coyanis Regular Member • Posts: 122
Re: I'm guessing he meant 1.5

ahuyevshi wrote:

I picked up the 15mm earlier in the week.. Will be picking up the 50 1.5 an 35 1.4 early next week...

Great decision to go for the 50 1.5 - it's my favorite Voigtländer lens for m4/3.

I also tested the 35 1.4 but exchanged it later with the 35 1.2: It's heavier and more expensive but gives a nicer and not so "characterisc" bokeh.

Example:

-- hide signature --
coyanis
coyanis Regular Member • Posts: 122
Terrific shots ...

... and a proof of your statement "match made in heaven"

Please continue to share the outcome

-- hide signature --
D702010 Regular Member • Posts: 204
50/1.5 or 40/1.4 ? (nT)

no text

sunhorse Senior Member • Posts: 1,802
Very impressive

Beautifully captured. Well done!

-- hide signature --

Ramesh

sunhorse's gear list:sunhorse's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Sony a6600 Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +2 more
aphextwin
aphextwin Regular Member • Posts: 320

these are perhaps the best m4/3rds shots i have seen yet. absolutely spectacular.

and here's to hoping that this series isn't a result of hours of post processing. they almost look too nice.. can you tell us more?

i would also be very interested to see what you can do with the olympus kit lens.

aphextwin's gear list:aphextwin's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH
pmaster Regular Member • Posts: 238

I second that, I think its the best I've seen so far. Makes me both happy and sad!

Happy because I now see what can be obtained with these little gems of cameras in the right hands,, and sad because I'm pretty sure I am light years away from getting these results...

Please tell us more!

aphextwin wrote:

these are perhaps the best m4/3rds shots i have seen yet. absolutely spectacular.

and here's to hoping that this series isn't a result of hours of post processing. they almost look too nice.. can you tell us more?

i would also be very interested to see what you can do with the olympus kit lens.

Angular Mo Senior Member • Posts: 2,454
is it saturation that we like in these ?

There is a depth of colour in all of these photos, as I call it, which make these, in my opinion, so Leica-like.

Is this a quality of the lens? and, if so, it is the coating, the polishing, what is it ?

-- hide signature --

'Photos are what remain when the memories are forgotten' - Angular Mo.

Angular Mo's gear list:Angular Mo's gear list
Samsung NV7 OPS Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Olympus E-1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads