Rumors

Started Feb 9, 2010 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Match Cheng Forum Member • Posts: 53
Rumors

Post original from Hong Kong Pentax Forum.

The pictures inside are taken from a Japanese Magazine.

It mentions about few things.

• 645D

• K-m2

• DA*10-16 f/4

• DA*20 f/2

• DA*28 f/2

645D, K-m2 are just a matter of time, so I dont think it can be called as rumors.
DA*20 and DA*28 is not first time, so probably it may come.
But the interesting one is DA*10-16 f/4.

It is not a DA*11-16 so it is not a Tokina one? This looks very interesting for me!

-- hide signature --

Good pictures do keep the memorial moment.
http://matchkk.blogspot.com/

Marques Lamont Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: Rumors

I can't see the pictures.

kinkindoll Regular Member • Posts: 184
senoiaphil Regular Member • Posts: 240

What the heck is a Km2? We just had the Kx, I thought the Km was entry level, why would we want another entry level camera?

Frederick Stewart Senior Member • Posts: 1,125

senoiaphil wrote:

What the heck is a Km2? We just had the Kx, I thought the Km was entry level, why would we want another entry level camera?

My exact thought ?

Maxwell Smart Senior Member • Posts: 2,947

senoiaphil wrote:

Such a camera would presumably be intended to undercut the Nikon D3000 and Canon 1000D as a sort of "pre-Entry-Level" camera. I'd predict a 10MP sensor, minimal buffer, no viewfinder focus points and - the big selling feature - a body and kit lenses made from a wheat-based resin. For under $500, if there is a natural disaster - or you just don't like the photos - you can eat your camera and lenses.

Not sure how that fits in with Hoya/Pentax's price increases and attempts to position themselves in the market as a higher-ed niche product.

-- hide signature --

General 'Buck' Turgidson: 'Well, I'd like to hold off judgment on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in.' ( Dr. Strangelove , 1964)

ropen Senior Member • Posts: 1,479

Except that in the pictures the top level LCD is plain to see in a K200D reminiscent layout with the mode wheel to the left.

Radu

Maxwell Smart wrote:

senoiaphil wrote:

Such a camera would presumably be intended to undercut the Nikon D3000 and Canon 1000D as a sort of "pre-Entry-Level" camera. I'd predict a 10MP sensor, minimal buffer, no viewfinder focus points and - the big selling feature - a body and kit lenses made from a wheat-based resin. For under $500, if there is a natural disaster - or you just don't like the photos - you can eat your camera and lenses.

Not sure how that fits in with Hoya/Pentax's price increases and attempts to position themselves in the market as a higher-ed niche product.

-- hide signature --

General 'Buck' Turgidson: 'Well, I'd like to hold off judgment on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in.' ( Dr. Strangelove , 1964)

ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
Jonathan MacDonald Forum Member • Posts: 95

I´m no expert but these look real to me...

I´d say the two primes are far & away the more interesting items here, although I have to say I´m disappointed they´re DA* because if they´re priced like the 55mm DA* they´ll be out of my reach. Fast, sharp wide open primes, one wide & the other normal would be great for the Pentax lens lineup. A 35mm F2 would have been better than a 28mm I think though.

As for the K-m2, presumably it would be a lower spec & lower priced K-x, something that the camera lineup is missing as the K-x is still well above the cheaper offerings from Nikon, Oly & Sony.

Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller Senior Member • Posts: 1,310
back to real cheap?

senoiaphil wrote:

K-x with kit lens is around $519. If they can make the K-m2 kit be $399 street, that might generate some excitement. Otherwise, I can't see it either.

-- hide signature --

Matthew Miller « http://mattdm.org/ »

Matthew Miller's gear list:Matthew Miller's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Fujifilm X-T10 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
phototherapy Contributing Member • Posts: 898
K-x upgrade ?

Could this camera inherit the K-x sensor ?? that would be very nice, and maybe no AA battery's ?? improved Sensor shift Image stabilization, improved video and so on....., could be nice.

Match Cheng OP Forum Member • Posts: 53

Oops. Missed out the link.

http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=827626&extra=page%3D1

If you scroll down a bit, you will see the pictures for the 3 lens I mentioned at the begining of this thread.

-- hide signature --

Good pictures do keep the memorial moment.
http://matchkk.blogspot.com/

Jonathan MacDonald Forum Member • Posts: 95

ropen wrote:

Except that in the pictures the top level LCD is plain to see in a K200D reminiscent layout with the mode wheel to the left.

Radu

He´s right. Wow, a possible K200D replacement. If it´s missing the AF point indicators or WR then people will be unhappy though.

opiecat Senior Member • Posts: 2,103

if the images are to be believed, the km2 would have the top LCD as radu mentioned. this would be a cut above the kx, not below, no?

maybe put back the focus indicators etc. etc.
hopefully SAFOX-X !!!

maybe we'll see some news during pma2010

-- hide signature --

'when 900 years you reach, look as good you will not'
-- master yoda

http://jordanpaw.zenfolio.com

Walt_A Senior Member • Posts: 1,778

senoiaphil wrote:

Because the K-X isn't at an entry level price?
Example
K-X body only £479
Canon EOS 450D body £409
Canon EOS 500D body £479
Canon EOS 1000D body £340
Nikon 5000D body £450
Nikon 3000D body £330
Sony Alpha A230 body £295
Sony Alpha A380 body £400
Sony Alpha A500 body £490
Olympus E-450 body £320
Olympus E-520 Body £309
Olympus E-620 body £480
Panasonic G1 body £300

I never understood why the K-M was withdrawn when the K-X came along, I'd have though there was a market for both looking at the other manufacturers. I'm still trying to make a decision about replacing my K100D body and the K-X is just too expensive, so here's hoping they drop in a true entry level camera.

-- hide signature --
urje Regular Member • Posts: 107
28/2

Now I'd be interested in that DA* 28/2. I just got an old Panagor 28/2. Love the FoV and brightness, but dislike its softness wide open. If it's around the price of the FA 35/2, this could be my first new lens...

edit: oh i forgot, looks like it's SDM only, so i'd need to get a new body too. Never mind

yana36 Contributing Member • Posts: 973

K-m2 is not real name, it's just speculation.

mvb123 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,302
could be interesting new camera

KM2, with 12.4MP, top lcd. Maybe WR?
--
Menno

janneman02 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,732
Some seem to be more dolid than others...

The two new bodies, I have some doubts, still only drawings so probably not due soon. Still a "rumor of a rumor" is my guess. The lenses look more solid.. While not my dream DA*30/1.4 or even DA*30/1.8, the f2 at 28mm, comes quite close. However, they only have 4 days to deliver it to me to be of any use this year.

(My guess is that experience and reactions on pricing with the DA*55/1.4 has caused the downgrade in f-stop)

DA*11-16 at f4 insrtead of f2.8, hmm that will cause many a "Pentax is doomed"posts but again f4 instead of f2.8 certainly does not add extra cost and size.. and the appearance of a DA*16-60 only seems logical now.

-- hide signature --

The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
limits.

• Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

Wallace Ross
Wallace Ross Senior Member • Posts: 2,084
Sign me up for the DA *20

That sound ideal. I have been looking at all my options in this range.

Roland Mabo Forum Pro • Posts: 12,462
Re: Some seem to be more dolid than others...

Well, I believe the message is - "If you want speed, go for primes" and this is quite logical. If the 20 f/2 and 28 f/2 gets released, then you have 14 to 28 covered by fast primes! (including the DA 14 f/2.8).

A 30 f/2 or f/2.8 could still come, but not a DA Star then because it would be too close to the DA Star 28.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads