Is this the new A750 spotted?

Started Jan 12, 2010 | Discussions
headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226
Is this the new A750 spotted?

I hate to be one to start rumors, but Bill Krist's blog says he is using a camera that "he can't even show us," but he shows a partial pic of the camera. Looks a lot like a Sony/Zeiss zoom to me. What do you think?

http://www.bobkrist.com/blog/

Alexramos
Alexramos Senior Member • Posts: 1,593
Re: Is this the new A750 spotted?

Yes, that is a Sony-Zeiss

OP headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226

Seems that way to me, too. Bob is normally a Nikon shooter, but who knows?

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 15,724
A950? ;)

Could be that one, too. More likely the A750 perhaps though.

Definitely a new Sony camera, great spot.

Carl
--
http://www.AlphaMountWorld.com

OP headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226
Re: A950? ;)

Oh no, I hope it isn't an A950. I haven't had camera envy in over a year! lol.

Dan Vincent
Dan Vincent Contributing Member • Posts: 927

Sure does look like a Zeiss. On the other hand, the prism housing looks pretty big. I wonder what they've got stuffed in there? Perhaps the popflash had to be raised even higher to account for whatever's going on.

Dan Vincent's gear list:Dan Vincent's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +1 more

I hear that.

A6xx/A7xx cameras seem more likely although that looks like a big pentaprism if I'm seeing that shot correctly.

A1000? Never know, do we?

Carl
--

Dan Vincent

The prism shape doesn't seem to match any Sony camera, though - it looks very Nikon-ish. Plus, what people think is the Zeiss logo could very easily be part of a distance scale that says

FT
M

or part of labeling for an AF/MF switch.

The lens shade doesn't have a Nikon ring around it, though, so... The wording on the shade also seems to match where a Sony logo would be when the shades are stored.

Perhaps people will see what they want to see...

Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +1 more
Gionni Dorelli Senior Member • Posts: 1,063

Dan Vincent wrote:

The prism shape doesn't seem to match any Sony camera, though - it looks very Nikon-ish. Plus, what people think is the Zeiss logo could very easily be part of a distance scale that says

It looks pretty nikonish to me as well.
Yet the lens seems to be the zeiss.

As for the Sony prism it defensively need a bit of restyling in terms of aesthetic, and therefore this new look, we see on that picture.

The worst case scenario for Sony users would be that the camera is a nikon and the lens is a AF Zeiss that will fit it.....

Dan Vincent

Gionni Dorelli wrote:

The worst case scenario for Sony users would be that the camera is a nikon and the lens is a AF Zeiss that will fit it.....

This is impossible without a lawsuit, as I believe Sony's renewed agreement with Zeiss precludes them from developing AF lenses for any other mount.

Ray Maines
Ray Maines Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183
We Are SOooo Desperate....

It's going to be simply beyond sad when the a750 is finally introduced and absolutely NOBODY likes it. It will have none of the features we want / all the features we don't want, be way over priced, ugly, and still won't have MLU. The gnashing of teeth in Alpha nation will be heard around the world.

-- hide signature --

Dispensing Wisdom One Post At A Time,
from Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Rokinon 8mm F2.8 UMC Aspherical Fisheye +4 more

Most likely Sony will upgrade the pentaprism on the A7xx cameras, and the new lower end cameras look nothing like anything Sony has done before. It's therefore not a stretch at all to think that Sony redesigned the pentaprism housing on the outside, housing a larger pentaprism, and a new shape.

Almost guaranteed since its over 2.5 years since the A700 came out, 3 years if you want to count the testing period etc.

Carl
--

Re: We Are SOooo Desperate....

I honestly doubt that if Sony comes out with the A7XX series camera replacement that its going to be disappointing to most. I think they think differently in the higher end cameras.

I'm holding onto that, for now.

Carl
--

Dan Vincent wrote:

Sure does look like a Zeiss. On the other hand, the prism housing looks pretty big. I wonder what they've got stuffed in there? Perhaps the popflash had to be raised even higher to account for whatever's going on.

"Perhaps people will see what they want to see... "

I guess you are starting to see it now too Dan :).

C

futile32 Senior Member • Posts: 1,854

cgarrard wrote:

I honestly doubt that if Sony comes out with the A7XX series camera replacement that its going to be disappointing to most. I think they think differently in the higher end cameras.

I'm holding onto that, for now.

Carl

I'm with you carl, gotta have hope or else all is lost

Nah seriously though, Sony have always come through with the upper level bodies.. A700 = big success and loved. A900 a massive success too (won over lots of people)... The A850 is just them bidin time and using up stock during the recession. I honestly believe and Hope, they come through for us Advanced Hobbists and Pros.

futile32's gear list:futile32's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D +33 more

Yep going by track record and not what was introduced in the sub-1K market, it's a pretty good bet everything will be good above 1K.

C
--

winedarksea Senior Member • Posts: 1,654

Carl. this morning Sony Alpha Rumors announced a level 4 rumor:

"In November SonyAlphaRumors told you that Sony has the plan to release a new Pellix-mirror camera. The camera is built for fast Sport-shooting (10fps) and can record videos.

"We have a small update for you: In the meanwhile we were able to receive more confirmation that this camera really exists and it is going to be announced very soon (probably in March-April). We were also told that the camera is not the A700 successor. It is a completeley new type of camera."

Could this be what we are looking at?
--
Dulaney
A700; SAL 50 f1.4; SAL 18-250; CZ 85 f1.4

winedarksea Senior Member • Posts: 1,654

cgarrard wrote:

Yep going by track record and not what was introduced in the sub-1K market, it's a pretty good bet everything will be good above 1K.

C
--

Well, you know, several people are still complaining bitterly about what was left out of the A900, great camera though it be. Nevertheless, I agree with you. But if they bring out that pellicle mirror camera, can't you see the complaining? Especially if they bring it out before the A7xx? And yet many have said that they want Sony to be bold.
--
Dulaney
A700; SAL 50 f1.4; SAL 18-250; CZ 85 f1.4

Dan Vincent

cgarrard wrote:

"Perhaps people will see what they want to see... "

I guess you are starting to see it now too Dan :).

Carl,

I can't make heads or tails of it, really. My POV is to keep expectations low and go into things with an open mind. People condemned so much about the new cameras without even using them or thinking what they couldn't do for them, instead thinking of what they could.

I'd say whoever noticed it has a sharp eye and leave it at that.

tompower53 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,261
Carl I think you are right

Might be a pretty nice camera - pretty sure to have and even better HDR function than the A550 and some other interesting features.

Could be a true "Pro" APSC. Should be interesting competition to the 7D and D300s.

My guess is either $1399 or $1499 and a good photographers camera.
--
tom power

tompower53's gear list:tompower53's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads