A Photo Of The New Nikon???

Started Jan 11, 2010 | Discussions
Alexramos
Alexramos Senior Member • Posts: 1,592
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon??? Or Fuji ;)

PaulSnow wrote:

Perhaps it is the new Fuji S6 Pro

With Sony A mount...

PhotoRecon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,032
I agree with Leo

if someone is serious about air-to-ground work:

1) why bring the lens hood? (if so needed, why not have an attached bag to easily place it and other stuff in? - a backwards hood on a lens is (to me) nothing but an obstacle to work around. Period. - I haven't even bothered to go down that road)

and 2) if the work is for professional results, which I'm guessing it would be here, why shoot through glass to begin with?

(as a personal note: a hood adversely affects the turning of a circular polarizing filter - which I use religiously when up at altitude, even at dusk).

Cold? well, again - he & the pilot should bundle up & guts it out.

my opinion.
marc

Al Contributing Member • Posts: 731
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon??? Or Fuji ;)

It's a Blastoflex Q975 body with a Cumicon 10-75 f 1.0 flourite coated lens. That's obvious.

CaptD Senior Member • Posts: 2,290
Oh yuck!

I really wish professional photographers wouldn't use lenses with their lens shades on backwards. Tasteless, Yucky, and Very poor technique.
--
Dennis
http://dennislee.smugmug.com/gallery/2516942

CaptD's gear list:CaptD's gear list
Nikon Z7
GeorgeD200 Regular Member • Posts: 403
I think he was taking a picture of Elvis

no thread

Thom Hogan Forum Pro • Posts: 13,659
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon???

Hans Giersberg wrote:

Bob Krist's latest blog entry talks about a shoot he's doing for a client, which he can't name, using a camera, which he can't name. He includes a shot of himself using the camera however.

Got to say, I'm a little disappointed in the sleuthing abilities of this forum ;~). Everyone seems to have gotten out their Sherlock Holmes pixel-peeper looking for phantom Zeiss logos when some of the answers are much more obvious and right in front of you. Think, people, think.

-- hide signature --

Thom Hogan
author, Complete Guides to Nikon bodies (21 and counting)
http://www.bythom.com

Camera Kev New Member • Posts: 12

Thom,

Are you trying to suggest that Bob Krist is a travel photographer that has always used the "lesser" cameras and lenses because of their size and weight?

Kevin

win39 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,560
I think maybe...

...the odd reversal of the lens hood is to cover the gold ring on the Nikon lens?

MarkB56 Contributing Member • Posts: 538

Available light pictures suitable for advertising taken at twilight...

New 85/1.4 w/VR/AFS (he could use it in a helicopter) coupled with a camera capable of good colour dynamic range in low light....?

I guess we wait a few weeks.
--
Mark

BillCarr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,045

Camera Kev wrote:

Thom,

Are you trying to suggest that Bob Krist is a travel photographer that has always used the "lesser" cameras and lenses because of their size and weight?

He's said as much and said he can't carry heavy gear because of back problems. He used to do commercial travel shoots with two D80s, then later with D90s. I see that for some of his (Nikon sponsored?) shoots he also has used the D300. He mostly shoots DX.

As far as lenses go, I've never seen Krist give a talk where he's mentioned anything but Nikon gear, but he's otherwise been open about using other brands (like the Sigma 50-150 f/2.8).

Moonwalker Senior Member • Posts: 2,114

Maybe Thom is referring to this:

"We’re shooting aerials of Miami…at twilight"

Sounds like a D700S with the D3S sensor. Oh happy day.

Markus

Jorgen E Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Twilight,
-- hide signature --

Take care,
Jorgen

Probere necesse est.....

Jorgen E Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Twilight, "That's huge", large lens => Well, hello MX..... :-)
-- hide signature --

Take care,
Jorgen

Probere necesse est.....

win39 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,560

What Thom talked about was the reversed hood not making any sense.

And I think it was to cover the gold ring on the Nikon lens.

Thom Hogan Forum Pro • Posts: 13,659

Thom Hogan wrote:

Hans Giersberg wrote:

Bob Krist's latest blog entry talks about a shoot he's doing for a client, which he can't name, using a camera, which he can't name. He includes a shot of himself using the camera however.

Got to say, I'm a little disappointed in the sleuthing abilities of this forum ;~). Everyone seems to have gotten out their Sherlock Holmes pixel-peeper looking for phantom Zeiss logos when some of the answers are much more obvious and right in front of you. Think, people, think.

Well now you're getting closer. There are many clues in both the photo and in Bob Krist's equipment choices. But I've yet to see anyone come to the same conclusion I did ;~).

-- hide signature --

Thom Hogan
author, Complete Guides to Nikon bodies (21 and counting)
http://www.bythom.com

MJones Contributing Member • Posts: 649
  • lens looks like 17-35 to me. Krist uses that one, right? if so, then probably FF camera (but one he can't talk about yet).

• aerials - usually higher res files for the detail - so more mp than d3(s). Maybe no AA filter for better details(?)

• twilight - better higher ISO noise but doesn't have to be d3s for shooting "in dark"

• Joe Reyes is out of miami - he used Canon though I think. Not sure how that plays into it.

reason for edit (my conclusion) - I'm thinking d900 (+ -18mp, but below 24 to not get into d3x area in mind of buyers) with ISO between D3s and D3x. no built in grip. No new lens shown. not a d700 replacement. d700 still offered.

Meng62 New Member • Posts: 3

The shape of the lens hood sugest wideangel , maybe a new 24 mm or a new 24-120 mm lens.

Cerumen
Cerumen Senior Member • Posts: 1,960

Aerial could certainly lend itself to VR. Assuming this is the real hood for the lens (and not intended to simply mask some of the optic, my wild guess is a 35mm f1.4 AF-S with VR.
--
Eric
http://www.pbase.com/cerumen
http://www.insectography.com

jeff-c Senior Member • Posts: 2,096

The lens does seem to have the blue Zeiss logo on it but the viewfinder profile and the body look like Nikon, although it's hard to see if it's D3 or D700 body size.

The lens hood also looks similar to the one for the ZA 24-70/2.8: ALC-SH101.

jeff-c's gear list:jeff-c's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D50 Nikon D700 Olympus PEN E-P1 +26 more
Pierre-Arnaud Bonraisin Forum Member • Posts: 65

Quantic physics, as studied in The Simpsons, told us that one's wishes easily transform one's observations... Mine say short lens hood + low light + unstable support = wide lens with big aperture, zoom or fix focal. My will bends this further to a f/2.8 17-35mm with a 77mm filter thread. But then my fear of a stabilized f/2.8 24-70mm kicks in...

-- hide signature --

(excuse my french)
Pierre-Arnaud Bonraisin
http://www.pierrearnaudbonraisin.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads