A Photo Of The New Nikon???

Started Jan 11, 2010 | Discussions
Paulo974 New Member • Posts: 4
Re: NOT Zeiss/Sony lens

It seems that the hood doesn't have the sony logo, but a small off-centered symbol (like those used by nikon to align the hood with the lens). This small symbol has also a blue-ish outline, so i don't think that there is a Zeiss badge, but rather an M/A-M switch...It would be great if someone with a Zeiss 24-70mm hood could check that!

[EDIT]I edited the confusing Subject name of my post xD
--
My gallery:
http://paulo974.deviantart.com/gallery/

J Mankila
J Mankila Veteran Member • Posts: 4,234
So Zeiss might be making lenses for the F-mount... (nt)

note xt

-- hide signature --

regards
Janne Mankila, Finland

Thom Hogan Forum Pro • Posts: 13,659
Re:reverse lens hoood

Benwellhopper wrote:

When shooting through glass you place the lens onto the glass Thus reducing reflections.

No you don't. Basically, you don't want to transfer vehicle vibrations into the camera, even with VR active. If you have to shoot through glass, you wear black, you bring a black velvet sheet that you tape or velcro to the top edge of the window, and you get "under the hood" and shoot.

Reversing the lens hood allows you to get the lens closer to the glass, which does help with some reflections, but not enough to wipe them all out. Reversing the lens hood also stops you from manually focusing (or zooming, depending upon which lens it is).

-- hide signature --

Thom Hogan
author, Complete Guides to Nikon bodies (21 and counting)
http://www.bythom.com

ArtoS Forum Member • Posts: 73
Re: NOT Zeiss/Sony lens

I have Sony Zeiss 24-70mm 2.8. When I put lens hood reversed I get either Sony logo or number of lens hood just like something is shown in side of the hood. Logo and switch look similiar as ZEISS-logo and MF/AF-switch of my Zeiss zoom and being at same places too...

ArtoS

golf1982 Contributing Member • Posts: 744
Re: D4?

I dont think there is a battery grip attached, i think a strap is covering that area to make it unclear. also it looks like there might be no pop up flash

Bill Fagan Senior Member • Posts: 2,025

The "glass" in a helicopter is curved plastic. Scratches very easily. You don't rest anything anywhere on a helicopter to reduce vibration. I agree the hood is reversed to prevent loss, at least based on my experiences- I do not understand why he would reverse it. It seems it would make little difference either way.

hemings Junior Member • Posts: 38

Thom, you should have the same camera he was using to review. Tell us what it is.

joostfloortje New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Insanity

It looks like a D3 variant given the size of the viewfinder, and if you look closely at the base of the body it looks like a D3.

Quash Contributing Member • Posts: 632

I think I've read that Thom buys his cameras from a local dealer to review. I don't get the sense Nikon is giving him an early peek at anything and I think Thom only wants to review production units that anyone could buy off the shelf.

minim3 Contributing Member • Posts: 958

To me it looks like a D3 series with a sigma wide angle on?

Wouldnt make mutch snese ...
--
My flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_gman_/

Klipsen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,166
I call it an A900 ... if it is a Sony

... which the lens suggests, but who knows? The photographers do ( the one holding the camera and the one who took his picture).

Klipsen's gear list:Klipsen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +14 more
William Massey Photo Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon???

It certainly can't be an 85mm. The petal hood doesn't make any sense, as petal hoods are for wide angle lenses. Also, the hood is too short for an 85mm.
--
Atlanta Georgia Wedding Photographer | William Massey
http://www.williammasseyphoto.com

headofdestiny Veteran Member • Posts: 9,226

It looks an awful lot like a Sony/Zeiss zoom hood to me, but who knows?

RoccoGalatioto
RoccoGalatioto Contributing Member • Posts: 922
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon??? It's winter

and all thoughts turn to new cameras.

I posted a similar post on the Canon side in response to a rumor about a 9D. Just to make things fair.
--

All the best,
Rocco Galatioto

http://galatiotophoto.blogspot.com

RoccoGalatioto's gear list:RoccoGalatioto's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
MarcoSJ Regular Member • Posts: 173
:-))) nt
-- hide signature --

regards
Marco San José, Germany

MarcoSJ's gear list:MarcoSJ's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +1 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,019

The way to find out is not to speculate and gossip behind his back, but quite simply to get in touch with him and ask him.

OP Hans Giersberg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,943
Where's The Fun In That? =:-)

munro harrap wrote:

The way to find out is not to speculate and gossip behind his back, but quite simply to get in touch with him and ask him.

He's already stated in his blog that he can't divulge anything about the client, or the gear. In fact, he stated the gear was "proprietary". That's what made his post interesting. Besides, this forum isn't about cameras or photography, it's about rumours and speculation. Get with the program =:-)

Plus, this way, he's gotten a nice little spike of visitors to his site, which I'm sure he doesn't object to.

-- hide signature --

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Web Site - http://www.visual-journeys.com/

Meggy Regular Member • Posts: 385
Re: Where's The Fun In That? =:-)

He might object to it, on the same page he said his site went down due to another popular link. Which program are you with?

Hans Giersberg wrote:

munro harrap wrote:

... Besides, this forum isn't about cameras or photography, it's about rumours and speculation. Get with the program =:-)

Plus, this way, he's gotten a nice little spike of visitors to his site, which I'm sure he doesn't object to.

-- hide signature --

There are no such words as alot, truely or lense.

OP Hans Giersberg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,943
Re: Where's The Fun In That? =:-)

Which program are you with?

I'm with the "I like Bob Krist's work a lot, and I'm happy to draw attention to his site" program. My comment "Get with the program =:-)" was a good natured way of saying "hey, don't take all this speculation stuff too seriously - we'll all find out about the new Nikon(s) soon enough". See the little smiley face.

In any event, Mr. Krist posted the comment on his blog, he's been around a while, he knows how things get noticed. This little thread was just for fun. I suspect he'd be amused by the mini-furor his comment created. The fevered speculation about the new Nikon(s) is funny and fun, and if his comment can add to the carnival, why not.

-- hide signature --

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Web Site - http://www.visual-journeys.com/

PaulSnow New Member • Posts: 2
Re: A Photo Of The New Nikon??? Or Fuji ;)

Perhaps it is the new Fuji S6 Pro

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads