Samsung NX10, final images...!!!

Started Dec 20, 2009 | Discussions
Theresa_N Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Samsung NX10, final images...!!!

I believe that DxO is very objective. Its interesting how poor the Pentax in low light does compared with the Sony a850. It would be great to have a ff camera that had the format of the Leica M9 but was affordable. Perhaps Sony's up coming EVF camera, although I think it will be aps-c with alpha mount lenses. I'd have it in my purse at all times. Dream on Theresa. I will be learning to get everything I can from my a850 for the next five years or so.

Ehrik Veteran Member • Posts: 8,014
Re: Samsung NX10, final images...!!!

Theresa_N wrote:

I believe that DxO is very objective. Its interesting how poor the Pentax in low light does compared with the Sony a850. It would be great to have a ff camera that had the format of the Leica M9 but was affordable. Perhaps Sony's up coming EVF camera, although I think it will be aps-c with alpha mount lenses.

It may be APS-C without alpha mount lenses. I'm not seeing them supporting screw drive AF at least, and perhaps not aperture either. Samsung don't with their K-mount adapter.

The reason FF sensors are expensive is that they use so much wafer area and there's a much higher risk they have a fatal defect. The trend of electronics getting cheaper is from making smaller chips and packing more functions in them, but you can't make an FF chip smaller.

An EVIL based on an FF chip would have a big cost and somewhat of a size disadvantage. It would probably be hard to find enough buyers to get good economy from it. Leica have the advantage of their high-end reputation and all the lenses already being there.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads