Lightroom 2.6 (non RC) available

Started Dec 18, 2009 | Discussions
bronxbombers Forum Pro • Posts: 18,226
Re: That may be so ..

i have never been entirely happy with DPP results myself and I also like the Adobe UI better so i'm all good

fwampler wrote:

but I've tried both and DPP converts to a much nicer image than LR 2.6 or LR 3 beta. The color is better and the detail (not sharpness) is better. After conversion, sometimes I use LR or one other program to tweak since DPP is mainly a converter.

BTW, I've switched back and forth between the two converters so often my wife thinks I'm nuts. I wanted to use LR but I've found I just can't be happy with the results.

bronxbombers wrote:

Secerator wrote:

I'm still gonna use LR... The work flow is much easier. Then I can run the images trough noise ninja. is hard to work on thousands of pictures in DPP.. at least for me.

plus equal settings are not equal anyway, each program has different amounts of forced internal NR, you really need to compare by best, most comparable effort from each, whatever settings get you there (a pretty tricky process actually since balancing noise and detail, so many possible slider settings, etc. although a general sense can be gotten reasonably easily)

rdspear Veteran Member • Posts: 4,588
Re: 2 samples one with cap1 other lightroom

Daniel Clune wrote:

Now of course they can both be tweaked but i just wanted to see how they look at default setting.

Which, as you say, really means nothing. I don't know why anyone would care what a "default" looks like - I care about what the final product can be.

rdspear's gear list:rdspear's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +19 more
Daniel Clune
Daniel Clune Veteran Member • Posts: 3,453
rdspear

rdspear,, if you read in my response above to Bronx if you try to sharpen in lightroom it brings out the noise ALOT more than in Cap one. In the end Cap one does a noticably better job with colors, sharpness and lower noise. In my opinion. In the sample i posted above no matter how i tried adjusting it in lightroom i couldnt get as nice and sharp a pic that i could out of Cap One with the same amount of low noise. So in the end Cap One is not just a little better but alot better. To bad as i like the controls in lightroom better.

rdspear wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

Now of course they can both be tweaked but i just wanted to see how they look at default setting.

Which, as you say, really means nothing. I don't know why anyone would care what a "default" looks like - I care about what the final product can be.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads