In body IS

Started Dec 17, 2009 | Discussions
mikenike Regular Member • Posts: 361
In body IS

Hello. I know that this is the Pentax forum but I would still like to ask which company has the best in body IS? Thank you

ozdean
ozdean Forum Pro • Posts: 24,075
Re: In body IS

Mike you know what we will say and we believe it to be true. We have not only lateral & vertical but rotational too - easy 3 stops.
--
Regards Dean - Capturing Creation

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-50 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +13 more
bdery Veteran Member • Posts: 6,890
Long story short

It depends as much on your technique as in the gear itself. Basically all systems are more or less equivalent, but in-body IS works with every lens ever made, if you're with a Pentax system.
--
bdery

Québec city, Canada

Someone took the time to post images. Why not take the time to comment?

Pentaxian in the making
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n13/bdery/

bdery's gear list:bdery's gear list
Pentax K-3
ManuH
ManuH Veteran Member • Posts: 3,898
Troll alert?

mikenike wrote:

Hello. I know that this is the Pentax forum but I would still like to ask which company has the best in body IS? Thank you

I see you crossposted this question on Oly and Sony forums too. What exactly are you expecting to achieve here?

DrugaRunda Senior Member • Posts: 2,741
Re: In body IS

there is no such thing as "better IS"... with all you can expect about 3stops with good handling, more than that is possible with long lenses with super technique, or bracing with shorter lengths...

other than that you will not gain much with one over the other either in body or in lens, and differences between manufacturers (I tried two in body) are not an important point, either you have it or you don't.
--
common sense is anything but common

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads