Epson 2400 printing prob, margins off!

Started Dec 10, 2009 | Discussions
Sopris New Member • Posts: 6
Epson 2400 printing prob, margins off!

I recently got this printer can not seem to get the page layout right, the borders are off even if I type in the margins or go with templates that came with the printer. My images are cut off! Is it a camera setting I might have wrong? ANY THOUGHTS would be helpful, it is driving me crazy!

Endrick Man Contributing Member • Posts: 507
Re: Epson 2400 printing prob, margins off!

If your images are cut off it sounds as if the image is not the same size, or does not have the same horizontal/vertical size ratio as the printer is trying to produce. What is your image size and what size paper are you trying to print to. What software are you using and what are you doing to the image between the camera and printing?

OP Sopris New Member • Posts: 6

Hi, thank you for your help! I am not sure what the image size is, I am using a Nikon D200 an never set a size. Should I be doing that? I am trying to print 8.5x11 and 13x19.

Also, I have tried both Lightroom and Phoptoshop to print, and both clip the images. I download the images into Lightroom. It is soooo discouraging!!!

Well there is your answer then. Your camera is 3872 x 2592 pixels which gives a ratio of 1:1.49. 8.5 x 11 is a ratio of 1:1.24 and 13 x 19 is a ratio of 1:1.46. Neither paper size will allow you to print all of an image although there will be less cut off with the 13 x 19 paper. Is that how it is working out.?

Use your software to crop the image to the paper size and the problems should go away! You shouldn't be discouraged you just need to know how to use the software.

Thank you!! I am going to try your advice today!! I SOOOO APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!! You are so kind to take the time!!

Wait.... I am still not getting it. So if I am printing on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, what numbers specifically am I cropping to? Am I doing this through the "cell size" in light room print mode? Oh I am so confused!! When I print, the images are off center and clipped....

You say you have Photoshop so use the crop tool to get your image to the right size. When you select the crop tool you will find a couple of windows above the main working area, insert an image size there that is the same or a little less than your paper size. There is another window that lets you set the dpi of the cropped image, for printing set that to 300 dpi. Then drag out the crop tool to include as much of the image as you want and press return to crop. If that is not clear then use the Photoshop help facility to read about using the crop tool.

There are other ways of sizing an image but the crop tool is quite useful becasue you often want to crop as well as re-size. If you want to use Light Room I suggest that you go to Help in Light Room and find your way to the Adobe Instructional video on printing, I am sure it is all explained in there. You have looked at the Adobe Instructional videos havn't you?

Good luck

I figured it out! I was cropping in lightroom to fit the paper size in the print section but had not also done it in the develop setting - problem solved - THANK YOU!!!!It was so kind of you to take the time to help me, and I really appreciate it. And, happy holidays!!!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads