Adam J L Forum Member • Posts: 54
Source?

What's your source, chteo? Thanks

J DT Regular Member • Posts: 153
I am counting sleeps...
Gary S Veteran Member • Posts: 6,227
Re: Launching date for 1D Mark IV

I wonder if they're correct.

PJSHOOTER says his friends are still "testing" the 1D Mark IV and finding focus issues. Can Canon fix them that fast?

Something doesn't add up! (laughing)

Gary S's gear list:Gary S's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Rich Dykmans Senior Member • Posts: 2,543

Gary S wrote:

I wonder if they're correct.

PJSHOOTER says his friends are still "testing" the 1D Mark IV and finding focus issues. Can Canon fix them that fast?

Something doesn't add up! (laughing)

Yep, it was "show and tell" over at his preschool yesterday!

J DT Regular Member • Posts: 153
Time Magazine: Top 10 of 2009

Don't know if this has been posted, but the Canon 1D Mark IV is in Time Magazine's The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - Top 10 Gadgets:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1945379_1944278_1944295,00.html

Now let's hope that this is actually going to be in 2009.

OP chteo New Member • Posts: 5

One more week to go in Japan.

rolandsilva Regular Member • Posts: 428
Re: Time Magazine: Top 10 of 2009

how the heck after the mk3 5 ring circus and absolutely no ship date could time magazine do that, maybe they are going to rename the magazine out-of-time

rolandsilva Regular Member • Posts: 428

how the heck are they going to do that after the mk3 7 ring circus, no ship date, no rumors no facts, maybe they will rename the magazine, out-of-time

Isurus Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: Called B&H...

I called B&H the other day to see if I could get anyone to tell me anything and the person on the phone said that they are now not expecting any shipments of the Mark IV until after the holiday. I'll be surprised if it is available in 2009 in the U.S.

-- hide signature --

'Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous.'
-Sir Yehudi Menuhin

DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 7,510
Time: Sister pub of SI, which shoots Canon

Do you think the fact that Sports Illustrated shoots Canon equipment had something to do with this? Is Time Inc. making nice to Canon?

DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +3 more
Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 4,375
Re: Time Magazine: Top 10 of 2009

J DT wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted, but the Canon 1D Mark IV is in Time Magazine's The Top 10 Everything of 2009 - Top 10 Gadgets:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1945379_1944278_1944295,00.html

Now let's hope that this is actually going to be in 2009.

Reminds me too much of a certain person that won was given the Nobel Peace Prize.

Steve

Priaptor
Priaptor Senior Member • Posts: 2,040
YOU said it

Thank you.

Time magazine, that great and well researched periodical which is beyond reproach.

It is just another left wing liberal Vision of the Anointed propaganda machine. Anything from the likes of this magazine needs to be interpreted with much caution.

Priaptor's gear list:Priaptor's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8
Blake Cook
Blake Cook Veteran Member • Posts: 3,029

FWIW - A photographer in England on another forum claimed his NDA expired on the 9th and release was 5 days later.
--
Blake in Vancouver
http://flickr.com/photos/28305360@N00/
Panasonic Stuff, Canon Stuff. Mac Stuff & annoying PC & Windows stuff.

Blake Cook's gear list:Blake Cook's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 +14 more
Adam J L Forum Member • Posts: 54

That's interesting. Because all of the camera stores I've spoken to in the UK are saying later rather than sooner. Some are semi-optimistic about a pre-Christmas release, but most say after Christmas or into the NY.

I reckon the release WAS initially scheduled to be just after Dec 9, but for some reason has been pushed back. I doubt it has anything to do with problems with the camera, more logistics.

JohnnyRX7 Senior Member • Posts: 1,853

well if NDA's end a couple days ago.. there should be some more info out about the cam in general. Granted I have not been trying to find it.
--
Johnny

NorthLight Forum Member • Posts: 99

I like Priaptor's made up list of adjectives for the magazine he currently loves to hate. He could probably give us a release date with as much name calling, non factual blather.

This is a photography forum, not an outlet for your spleen, Priaptor. If you can give us data please do so.

Stu

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads