NX10 is very close from the launch and more info.

Started Dec 1, 2009 | Discussions
redcrow Forum Member • Posts: 91
NX10 is very close from the launch and more info.

NX10 seems to be very close from the launch.

I heard more details from my source.

1. NX10 has Lens OIS not body built-in. He mentioned he didn't see any special device related with body SR.

2. Very good grip feeling.

3. Lighter than E-P1.

4. NX10 AF speed is way faster than E-P1.
It is not accurate but, its AF speed seems to be similar level to Panasonic GH1.

5. EVF is VGA level.

6. K-Mount adapter will be on the market at the same time with NX10.
(it is not sure that it supports AF yet.)

7. My source used only beta body, so possibilities some of above specs could be changed.

8. Samsung could launch NX10 sooner than Jan 10. But, most likely the launch will be Jan. 10.

That's about it. I am still working on getting more details. So, stay tuned.

ihkim Regular Member • Posts: 451
Re: NX10 is very close from the launch and more info.

redcrow wrote:

8. Samsung could launch NX10 sooner than Jan 10. But, most likely the launch will be Jan. 10.

What do you mean by "Jan 10"? Is it "1/10/2010" or "Jan., 2010"?

ihkim's gear list:ihkim's gear list
Samsung NX10 Canon EOS 550D Samsung NX100 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 +5 more
OP redcrow Forum Member • Posts: 91

ihkim wrote:

What do you mean by "Jan 10"? Is it "1/10/2010" or "Jan., 2010"?

I meant "Jan., 2010". Sorry for confusing you.

I forgot to list one more spec.

The video is 720P.

Thank you,
RedCrow.

Alexramos
Alexramos Senior Member • Posts: 1,592

Few months ago some information said the EVF was VGA on pre-model in Korea, but the definitive model would be SVGA.
But, who knows...

The last rumors said EVF SVGA, 1080p video and VF area/grip redesigned.

Alexramos wrote:

The last rumors said EVF SVGA, 1080p video and VF area/grip redesigned.

That could be possible and even better.
As I mentioned, he used beta version body.

ogremage Contributing Member • Posts: 959

Thanks for posting, I'm very much anticipating this launch.

Pity about the SR. Also I would prefer a pluggable EVF, would make the camera less tall and thus it would fit easier in a pocket.

ogremage's gear list:ogremage's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +1 more
Daniel1977
Daniel1977 Senior Member • Posts: 1,013

I hope that NX will not be little! I expect size like Pro815.

I need "feel" camera at hand. Appropriate size and weight have an impact on photos.

If someone wants a small cameras - WB* models.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didmyself/collections/72157615616141371/

Daniel1977's gear list:Daniel1977's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +5 more

Well... I didn't hear about exact release and launch date.

But, I heard there is some possibilities Samsung may launch NX10 in mid or late December.

Samsung may takes order in Dec. and delivers in Jan. It can be an option.

For now, as I mentioned earlier, most possible way is that the launch will be Jan. 2010. But I don't know what is the exact date.

Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888

redcrow wrote:

Well... I didn't hear about exact release and launch date.

But, I heard there is some possibilities Samsung may launch NX10 in mid or late December.

Samsung may takes order in Dec. and delivers in Jan. It can be an option.

For now, as I mentioned earlier, most possible way is that the launch will be Jan. 2010. But I don't know what is the exact date.

Not much point really, if you miss the mega xmas sales..late dec and it's mostly all over anyway. I had expected to see this one a month or so back for the big xmas push, but maybe they had some things to iron out.

Frederick Lim Regular Member • Posts: 137

Hope Samsung not stupid enough to keep the fake SLR design. Plugable EVA proves higher selling value and more elegant design outlook.

Daniel1977

You 're kidding!

If the viewfinder is not no sense to have the camera. I can not imagine taking pictures looking at the LCD.
--

Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +5 more

Daniel1977 wrote:

You 're kidding!

If the viewfinder is not no sense to have the camera. I can not imagine taking pictures looking at the LCD.

Sadly few companies make viewfinders for compacts, so I have to say on this one..that's what most compact users have to put up with right now!

This is one reason I have almost 0 interest in most digital compacts.

For this new model, it would be slightly insane IMO to have no VF, saying that..the fixed LCD is sure to annoy some.

mazoeca Regular Member • Posts: 392

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

For this new model, it would be slightly insane IMO to have no VF, saying that..the fixed LCD is sure to annoy some.

Totally agree with you Barry re: the EVF.

I, too, find it odd that Samsung has not included an articulating LCD.:

1. For many, absence of an articulating LCD will be a deal-breaker, denying the NX-10 access to that market segment . On the other hand, I can't see it's inclusion being a deal-breaker for those who don't feel they need it.

2. A fully or partially articulating LCD seems to be a trend in other brands. It's absence will, IMHO, diminish Samsung's competitiveness in a market where they are already an "also-ran" behind Olympus and Panasonic.

Daniel1977

Maybe misunderstood, but I expect this camera viewfinder and LCD
--

Daniel1977 wrote:

Maybe misunderstood, but I expect this camera viewfinder and LCD

Of course it will, however as pointed out, there is apparently a fixed lcd on the back. as these cameras are obviously not using OVF's and take a direct feed off the sensor, I suspect the swivel LCD design would be much more popular for models of this type.

Seems Samsung has not taken this opportunity to do proper market research, I expect it might hurt sales somewhat, in fact I know it will.

Question is, why don't they?

Daniel1977

I'm using this camera http://www.fotopolis.pl/index.php?n=3030
and wish to have almost the same, no mirror but changable lenses and OIS
--

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

I suspect the swivel LCD design would be much more popular for models of this type.

Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony certainly seem to think so for their Live View and/or EVF cameras.

Seems Samsung has not taken this opportunity to do proper market research, I expect it might hurt sales somewhat, in fact I know it will.

Question is, why don't they?

Very good question IMHO. As late comers to the mirrorless interchangeable lens market, they surely need to at least equal or exceed the features/specs of the products already in place.

Daniel1977 wrote:

That's what must make product development so difficult. I'm absolutely the opposite. I take pictures using the swivel LCD on my present camera almost exclusively. I absolutely would not buy a camera without it. I use the viewfinder only occasionally - e.g. when the light is too bright to see the LCD easily. I know there are many people who share my view. There are also many who share yours. I guess Samsung has decided to ignore the market segment I inhabit and to cater exclusively to yours. Lucky you!!!
Cheers,Maz.

Daniel1977 wrote:

I'm using this camera http://www.fotopolis.pl/index.php?n=3030
and wish to have almost the same, no mirror but changable lenses and OIS
--

The pro was not a bad camera, some good ideas. But micro 4/3 is offering non mirror small cameras, and I think Samsung will have a job to match them sales wise.

I wish them well of course, let's hope they can make it work.

I looked at a pro myself once, but felt the DSLR route was more logical, now I am heavily into a system, I have no real desires to add another. Though the use of adaptors might add some spice to the mix.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads