Offical Leather Case for G11 from Canon China and Herringbone strap

Started Nov 18, 2009 | Discussions
MrPink New Member • Posts: 4
Offical Leather Case for G11 from Canon China and Herringbone strap

I bought it from Canon China,I think it is only avaliable in China at moment

unlike SC-DC65A,this case looks and feels retro.

Jerrich
Jerrich Senior Member • Posts: 2,692
Re: Offical Leather Case for G11 from Canon China and Herringbone strap

Since I'm a retro guy, I think it makes a handsome rig. Good job.
JR
--
Nikon F
Argus C44R (gorgeous)
Fuji S100fs
Canon A20, A80, A710, A650, G11
Collections: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25863948@N07/collections/

Jerrich's gear list:Jerrich's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon PowerShot G7 X
BryceM
BryceM Contributing Member • Posts: 751

I somehow ended up with the one for the G10 - Decent fit, but the the flip-out screen could not be used... Some delicate adjustments with a pair of tin-snips and a black sharpie to the edge took care of this in about 60 seconds. Pictured with the Domke Gripper strap.

BryceM's gear list:BryceM's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +26 more
panamforeman
panamforeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,140

Could you post the website for the G11 case. I would like to buy one.

Thanx

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic ZS100
kellymac60 Senior Member • Posts: 1,026

Thanks for the quality pics. I ordered mine over a week ago so I should get it with a week. Nice looking case. Ordered from Ebay for about $28.
--
(X)Mr. Kelly M
( )Ms.
( )Mrs.

kellymac60's gear list:kellymac60's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM
panamforeman
panamforeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,140

Kellymac & Mrpink,

I've been to the E-Bay site for Canon G11 cases. All that I've seen are for the G9, G10...and supposedly for the G11. (wrong) The problem being the back does not have the cut-out for the G11's articulating screen. One of the sellers from China even gave a disclaimer for his site, saying he included the G11 by mistake.
Does your case have the cut-out for the G11 screen?

Regards,

G

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic ZS100
theranman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,228

very sharp looking case.

timmey78 Contributing Member • Posts: 944

eee...YAWWWWWN
--
Thomas Fjørtoft

http://timmey78.zenfolio.com/

timmey78's gear list:timmey78's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
LSK333 New Member • Posts: 5

Hi,

I just thought I would let you know that I was able to order one of these cases on ebay. It is the correct case for the G11 in that it has the cutout in the back to allow you to use the articulating screen. It's not cheap...$119 shipped from Hong Kong but it is a lovely case and it should protect the camera very well since it appears to be high-quality rigid cowhide.

Thanks!
--
LSK

BTW Mr. Pink...I absolutely love the red camera strap...tres sweet!!!
--
LSK

Spotts Senior Member • Posts: 1,143
what model number and seller, please? nt
-- hide signature --
OP MrPink New Member • Posts: 4

LSK333 wrote:

Hi,

I just thought I would let you know that I was able to order one of these cases on ebay. It is the correct case for the G11 in that it has the cutout in the back to allow you to use the articulating screen. It's not cheap...$119 shipped from Hong Kong but it is a lovely case and it should protect the camera very well since it appears to be high-quality rigid cowhide.

Thanks!
--
LSK

Wooow $119 is quite expensive,it is around $55 in China. But I think it is still worthy anyway,at least you cant find any in USA.

The strap is from a Korean brand called Herringbone

Here's their website:

http://www.herringbone.co.kr/

kellymac60 wrote:

Thanks for the quality pics. I ordered mine over a week ago so I should get it with a week. Nice looking case. Ordered from Ebay for about $28.
--
(X)Mr. Kelly M
( )Ms.
( )Mrs.

hi,

I think you bought the wrong case.There are lots of fake cheap case for G10 everywhere in China,and the seller will tell you the case is supposedly for the G11.but it is not true

I tried to go to Canon China and place an order. I actually saw the case pictured and tried to navigate to it. All I can say is that I wasn't successful...no matter how hard I tried. I won't go into detail...all I can say is it was very frustrating.

I would agree the case is terribly expensive...but I do like the idea of having low-profile protection for the camera while I'm out and about. I don't like the idea of lugging around a lot of padded baggage.

I will check out the strap...Thanks!
--
LSK

Re: what model number and seller, please? nt

Hi,

The title of the product is "Original Brown Leather Camera Case for Canon G11 G10 G9" and the seller's name is "easyworldwidetrading".

I hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

LSK

LSK333 wrote:

Hi,

The title of the product is "Original Brown Leather Camera Case for Canon G11 G10 G9" and the seller's name is "easyworldwidetrading".

I hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

LSK

I think the case you bought is actually for G10.

It is the official one, but it won't fit G11...

If you have noticed that the back does not have the cut-out for the G11's articulating screen. ( you can see the last pic I posted and compare with the seller's pics.)

Also, the official case for G11 is with the strap as the first & second pic I posted.

Hi Mr. Pink...

(Great name BTW!) I have looked at the case nine ways to Sunday and the one pictured is cut out in the back. Nonetheless, I am concerned that somehow this won't be the right case. I did take steps to make sure things would be resolved properly if the case is indeed the wrong one. The seller guarantees things and will take a return if it isn't right. I put it on AMEX so if there is a dispute it can be rectified (AMEX is very customer friendly) and it was paid through PayPal...if there's a dispute they will help out as well. Hopefully if it turns out I've purchased the wrong item, I will still come out alright.

In the meantime, I did check out Herringbone. They offer a wide variety of items but I didn't find a neck strap for cameras among them. Nice stuff though.

Maybe you can tell me how you managed to purchase this case via Canon China. I couldn't navigate to the camera case at all. It was very frustrating.
--
LSK

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads